It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
"No" to the censorship part, but this is absolutely an act of political terrorism.

Hyperbole much?

The free marketplace has already punished Ms. Griffin in the form of ending her career.

Ask Michael Richards how well his career has gone since hurling racial slurs at hecklers during one of his performances over a decade ago...

Free markets don't exist.

Michael Richards has a net worth of $45 million and is in his mid sixties. I wouldn't be working the circuit if I was him either.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah because seeing a murder on TV is definitely the same thing as seeing your father's severed head on TV.

No difference at all. Not even a little

/s

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

WTF station was Barron Trump left watching where they showed the image? Local news has been reluctant to show it. I think CNN initially showed it, but then stopped. My question is...why is an 11 year being put in front of the news without supervision in the first place? Sure the image is scary to an 11 year old...but so is a ton of other crazy stuff the news talks about.

Good question -- and I don't know. It may have been a local station that aired a news commercial during whatever program Barron was watching. I know I saw it on the local ABC news.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: SBMcG

Exposure to violent video games, TV violence, etc., is meaningless. It does not mitigate the horror a child would experience if even for one moment they thought their own parent had been horrifically killed.

Thank you for adding that.

It's impossible to overestimate the potential short-term and long-term impact of that initial shock and horror and terror on a child who does not have the thought processes and reasoning abilities to properly understand the event. I truly hope it did not happen, but it could have.

Right on.

I rarely speak about it, and I'm not going into detail now, but I witnessed my mother being killed in an horrific manner when I was 11. That absolutely scarred me for life. It fundamentally changed me.

And while I have lived a good life since then, and am certainly in no position to complain at this point, without a doubt, it is a different life than I was supposed to live.

The tools required to survive such a thing without being ruined are not tools we are born with. My heart aches that you were forced to navigate such a suddenly dark and scary place as a small child. Politics aside, props that you found your way back to daylight, not everyone does, and many children get older, but still don't come back from that.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: SBMcG

Exposure to violent video games, TV violence, etc., is meaningless. It does not mitigate the horror a child would experience if even for one moment they thought their own parent had been horrifically killed.

Thank you for adding that.

It's impossible to overestimate the potential short-term and long-term impact of that initial shock and horror and terror on a child who does not have the thought processes and reasoning abilities to properly understand the event. I truly hope it did not happen, but it could have.

Right on.

I rarely speak about it, and I'm not going into detail now, but I witnessed my mother being killed in an horrific manner when I was 11. That absolutely scarred me for life. It fundamentally changed me.

And while I have lived a good life since then, and am certainly in no position to complain at this point, without a doubt, it is a different life than I was supposed to live.

The tools required to survive such a thing without being ruined are not tools we are born with. My heart aches that you were forced to navigate such a suddenly dark and scary place as a small child. Politics aside, props that you found your way back to daylight, not everyone does, and many children get older, but still don't come back from that.

You're spot-on.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GlassToTheArson

I don't believe that a kid that age and of that family's class doesn't know the difference between political satire and reality.

I agree with others who have espoused, "What were his parents thinking, let him "cyber" about anywhere he wants to go?" if indeed this is even a true story!

Again, I reiterate, we wouldn't even be discussing Barron Trump if his parents hadn't trotted him out to the lime light to bolster their well known agenda against free speech.

edit on 1-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When the news broke of the bloody head that looked like trump, maybe someone should have sat the kid down and told him what was going on, to prepare him for potentially seeing it. Any reasonable parent would have.

I also dont belive the story he cried mommy mommy at seeing the bloody head. It seems like they are using the kid to get sympothy, and its working!

I can almost see Trumps smug smile as he sits reading the reactions, putting in his plan to silence the media!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
Honestly, and it's sick to say, i'm not surprised by this. It won't be the last thing either....

remember these?

"Rape Melania" tweet frenzy
Irredeemable/deplorable
Anti-Trump Protestors beat up and pepper spray an elderly man
Blow up the White House
Anti-Trump Protestors pepper spray 8 and 11 year old girls
Kathy beheads Trump video/photo

this is just off top of my head... i'm sure there are more, and will be more new ones to add.

it didn't take long to add to this... Ken Jennings, Jeopardy! champion and kids book author tweeted "Barron Trump saw a very long necktie on a heap of expired deli meat in a dumpster. He thought it was his dad & his little heart is breaking
— Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) May 31, 2017"

Don Trump Jr. jumped on him for it shortly after - Jennings called out Jr for hunting rhinos - Jr went and tagged his kids book publisher to show them that their author is bulling little kids.... stay classy left!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheErlenmeyerFlask

They're showing their true colors.

Full of hatred. Full of double standards. Full of hypocrisy.

Same people who cripple in outrage over "build the wall" have zero issue spewing hate to fit their needs.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

And that image is gonna be run in a political ad.
So much for poor baron

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Mirror images, aren't they?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Honestly, and it's sick to say, i'm not surprised by this. It won't be the last thing either....

remember these?

"Rape Melania" tweet frenzy
Irredeemable/deplorable
Anti-Trump Protestors beat up and pepper spray an elderly man
Blow up the White House
Anti-Trump Protestors pepper spray 8 and 11 year old girls
Kathy beheads Trump video/photo

this is just off top of my head... i'm sure there are more, and will be more new ones to add.

it didn't take long to add to this... Ken Jennings, Jeopardy! champion and kids book author tweeted "Barron Trump saw a very long necktie on a heap of expired deli meat in a dumpster. He thought it was his dad & his little heart is breaking
— Ken Jennings (@KenJennings) May 31, 2017"

Don Trump Jr. jumped on him for it shortly after - Jennings called out Jr for hunting rhinos - Jr went and tagged his kids book publisher to show them that their author is bulling little kids.... stay classy left!

Alas...

Twitter...

Maybe I am old school, but I struggle to find reasons to care what Joe Blow says on twitter.

I am having a hard time assigning importance to something someone tweets? Because they won a game show once? because a bunch of people I don't know "re-tweeted" something someone "tweeted"...??

Reading what you posted...I think all involved are dufuses..Do people still say dufus?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I understand what you are saying and thank you for clarifying your intention. In saying that:

I don't know that "most" people are being that cynical -- and I sure hope not! But yes, there are too many who would gladly do so and no doubt are. That goes two ways though.

Fair enough.

And your point about greater evils is well taken -- our world is filled with evil deeds and evil people. But if we don't care about the "little" things, they do escalate into greater problems. As I keep saying, it's not an either/or situation.

I feel you and I agree. I haven't checked your account profile to see what threads you have created, so I ask:

Have you ever created a thread that relates to the topic of child abuse or child suffering domestically and internationally before creating this thread? If not, why have you decided to take up the case for Barron, especially for a person who has claimed to *act* towards such issues outside of social media?

On the other side of the coin, there are others who don't give a rats patootie about Barron who will use it to beat his dad over the head. Neither is productive, much less admirable.

I agree. There are also many who have taken up the case for Barron right here in this thread, which is admirable. However, nobody seems to care about taking up the case for Jordan Edward's siblings and the horror they witnessed first hand, the trauma inflicted on the entire family and the PTSD they will suffer from. Your valid comment has reminded me of this particular travesty.

This happened recently. This story is heart-breaking. He wasn't one of those gang-bangers. He was a straight A student who was raised in a upper middle-class family with loving nurturing parents. They were leaving a party when the police blew his brains out while sitting in car with his brothers.

'Jordan Edwards' family consumed by terror, grief after police kill 15-year-old boy'

www.nydailynews.com...

"When they dream, they see Jordan, with smoke coming out of his head from the shot. That's what they were forced to see. Our 4-year-old daughter, who has accidentally overheard what happened, is drawing pictures of her big brother with a hole in his head. What are we supposed to say to her?" Odell's wife, Charmaine, told the Daily News.

Which ties into your statement here:

I will give one example: Conventional wisdom tells us that serial killers begin by torturing insects and small animals, even children, before going after the "big prey." Ignore an abusive and violent child and that child grows into a mass murderer.

Or a trigger happy police officer in some cases...

Again, I feel this entire topic concerning Barron is simply moral outrage. You may define it as psychobabble, but that does not change facts. Give this thread a re-read. It is clear as day that is what is going on here...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: TheErlenmeyerFlask

They're showing their true colors.

Full of hatred. Full of double standards. Full of hypocrisy.

Who is "they"?

Don Jr. is a moron.

Kathy Griffith is a freaky attention whore.

I don't know or care about the jerk-off on twitter who won jeopardy once.

Honestly...ATS has enough intellectual horsepower where the back and forth on this topic seems a little embarrassing.

Trump just announced that he is exiting the Paris Climate Accord...Joining the only two other nations that didn't sign...Syria and Nicaragua..

Just saying ...real # is happening in the world.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Good points. I also feel for the children in Syria who have watched their relatives and friends get blown to bits - in real life, not faked in a photo. I don't see too many threads lamenting what those poor kids have had to experience through no fault of their own.

But we'll spend pages and pages on poor little rich boy Barron and the awful terrible mean monster who terrorized him with a fake photo that wasn't even directed to him.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thank you. It's refreshing that some people actually understand. I admire your perspective, compassion and empathy for ALL peoples.

I don't see too many threads lamenting what those poor kids have had to experience through no fault of their own.

It's that *moral outrage* thingy that most won't admit to publicly, but with silent contemplation and honesty, they will come to admit it within their own minds.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Have you ever created a thread that relates to the topic of child abuse or child suffering domestically and internationally before creating this thread?

You tell me if these qualify... I was one of the first on ATS to post about the Flynt water crisis. I have also created a thread about inner city lead poisoning on kids in general and specifically its proven link to autism and violence, etc. And a thread about the many adverse effects of synthetic hormones and other endocrine disrupters on the general population and especially kids. As well as a thread trying to clarify the commonly misunderstood and misrepresented statistics on Black crime and especially Black youth. I'll stop there and let you decide for yourself....

Or a trigger happy police officer in some cases...

Grrrrrrrr... I had not read that story. I guess the trigger happy cop stories are no longer in vogue. My heart sank yesterday however when I read that the Supreme Court had ruled that the provocation clause no longer applies, so police officers can now create dangerous situations and put everyone in peril and then shoot to kill to protect their own life... with no criminal liability. I'm horrified.

Again, I feel this entire topic concerning Barron is simply moral outrage. You may define it as psychobabble, but that does not change facts. Give this thread a re-read. It is clear as day that is what is going on here...

I would say the responses have run the gamut! The good, the bad, and the ugly. And I'm as shocked at the quantity of responses as I am at the quality of responses.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

WTH? Seriously??? I really hope that's a rumor. If not, I hope and pray it backfires on them to an exponentially greater extent than it did on KG.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

WTH? Seriously??? I really hope that's a rumor. If not, I hope and pray it backfires on them to an exponentially greater extent than it did on KG.

ad is already made. you can view it here in this thread. unbelievable right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

its online right now.
not sure if it will actually make it to television but these days youtube is just as popular.

so yeah...outrage outrage. disturbing disturbing.
lets use it for our cause!!!!!

you seeing how this works yet?

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join