It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
In my case, I never got the alleged african countries names where this is happening in the name of christianity. I know it was not you.

If there is evidence, be sure I´ll take the heat, just like here, to stand in front of the whole community next sunday to adress this and then take further steps, when I see the reactions, I´ll take it higher up. I know just the perfect guy for this, he´s becoming a priest this summer. I just never heard of that, christians in the name of god, killing people refusing to convert in africa.

And every christian reading this should at least to the same!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: buster2010
So you are saying that thinking the thought is the same as doing the deed? Besides that 20% number is pure BS. They polled a couple of thousand people and that speaks for almost two billion. Who would be stupid enough to believe that?

Who knows the Percentage... The problem is in these other countries they are not seen as terrorist or extremest, so the percentage is high just on that fact alone.

Well look up how many terrorist attacks Poland has suffered in the last few years. Zero! What a coincidence.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
So what´s your plan, brainwash everyone who refuses to let go of his religion just because there could be a war? How should this work? How do you get rid of it, now that we know you want to get rid of religion?

How?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

She said: "Racism in the Met is not from white officers in my case, but from Muslim officers who the service refused to properly investigate because they were afraid of being called Islamophobic and racist.

www.express.co.uk...

There are many more stories just like this.

You can believe what you want, but I absolutely believe that fear of being called racist could have been a factor.

Especially when that is what many of those involved claimed.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

That's not how this works. Just answer my question first. Why do religious believers insist that their god is the one true god and the others are wrong? For instance why are you so sure that christianity is the ony true religion for you? What happens if you're in fact wrong?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
its not just about the violent acts of a minority that scare me. It's the hateful attitudes of the majority that scare me.
Hating, Jews, Christians, non-muslims, white blonde people, white people, black people... basically Islamic society is full of hate towards non-islamic society. These are not minority attitudes, a majority of Muslims have been brainwashed to think like this.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Because religion is poison, plain and simple.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
In my case, I never got the alleged african countries names where this is happening in the name of christianity. I know it was not you.

If there is evidence, be sure I´ll take the heat, just like here, to stand in front of the whole community next sunday to adress this and then take further steps, when I see the reactions, I´ll take it higher up. I know just the perfect guy for this, he´s becoming a priest this summer. I just never heard of that, christians in the name of god, killing people refusing to convert in africa.

I am glad you feel that way. In fact I would stand with you against the violence and extremism.

And I know my opinion about religions is not popular.

Also I HATE Islam with a passion. I want it gone.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It´s exactly how it works, I asked you first, that´s why I posted that text twice! Go back a page and look it up. You answer my question first if you insist on the right order and can´t get it straight.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I am glad you feel that way. In fact I would stand with you against the violence and extremism.

How have you got the time and the energy to do all that hating ? You want it gone but that's quite unlikely to happen . Did you get spoiled as a child ? Did you stamp your little feet ?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

How have you got the time and the energy to do all that hating ? You want it gone but that's quite unlikely to happen . Did you get spoiled as a child ? Did you stamp your little feet ?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Grambler

Oh yeah pretty much most members are aware of the danger of radical Islam. It's just that the people on the right are more afraid. At least that's my perspective.

Well thats different than saying their is a consensus that Islam is bad.

I suppose you could argue that the right is more afraid.

But I think it is just as likely that the left are more afraid of not virtue signaling about how much they love diversity to want to combat Islamic terror.

Imo, this is exactly what is going on, not only in this case, but in almost every other issue as well. Partisan seems to be much more important and it seems people have to disagree or else they feel like they are betraying themselves or their party in someway, but in reality it's counter productive and has the opposite effect because you are only doing yourself a disservice.

People need to remove themselves from groupthink and their parties popular opinion's. Be an individual and think for yourself, if you feel it's wrong in your heart, you should follow that instead of what you think you're supposed to feel.

Because let's be honest, coming back to this topic at hand, some of you deep down want to admit Islam is a problem but are deliberately deflecting for no other reason than what I stated above.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are welcome. And thank you as well. Its nice to speak to someone willing to confront an issue without having to be confrontational toward someone with an opposing view.

When I think about terrorism toward the west I see it as a muslim construct. Of course that does not mean it is muslims and no one else. But I do see the religion for what it is and what is has been historically. What we witness here in the states in regards to westerners practicing islam is basically the way people in the US treat all religions: pick the parts you like and ignore the hard parts or the things you disagree with. I think it is dangerous to confuse the watered down western muslim with ideologically pure muslims who may be more patient that peaceful. The method has been the same for centuries - start moving in, increase in numbers, influence local politics and ultimately declare sharia law, become more vocal, and when the numbers are sufficient demand that non-believers convert or suffer the consequences.

Time will tell...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Grambler

Oh yeah pretty much most members are aware of the danger of radical Islam. It's just that the people on the right are more afraid. At least that's my perspective.

Well thats different than saying their is a consensus that Islam is bad.

I suppose you could argue that the right is more afraid.

But I think it is just as likely that the left are more afraid of not virtue signaling about how much they love diversity to want to combat Islamic terror.

Imo, this is exactly what is going on, not only in this case, but in almost every other issue as well. Partisan seems to be much more important and it seems people have to disagree or else they feel like they are betraying themselves or their party in someway, but in reality it's counter productive and has the opposite effect because you are only doing yourself a disservice.

People need to remove themselves from groupthink and their parties popular opinion's. Be an individual and think for yourself, if you feel it's wrong in your heart, you should follow that instead of what you think you're supposed to feel.

Because let's be honest, coming back to this topic at hand, some of you deep down want to admit Islam is a problem but are deliberately deflecting for no other reason than what I stated above.

I agree with all of this.

But it is also our job to point out when people go overboard and are just hating Muslims for the sake of it.

Again, I go back to the New York bomber, who reported his own son to the FBI and yet terrible people harassed him and harmed his business.

I will tell you straight up, I don't know that I could ever report an immediate family member to the FBI. Yet this guy does it and gets harassed by groupthink from the other side.

Too often we forget that although we may be coming at things fro different view points, we all basically want the same thing.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Finally after 15 pages it get´s through

It rather looks like it´s popular today to just hate religion because of something that they´ve read. Let me tell you, 40 years ago, I was fed up with the church when I saw that the vatican had shares in ammunition manufacturing companies and what not. I was forced to church three #ing times a week since I can remember and I hated it.

I refused the confirmation because most were doing it because of the money and the weapons thing.

I still despise that. Yet, I baptised my children. Why? Because at some point in my life, I realized something. It was never about going to church to be there physically. You know what I learned there? Respect, to sit still and work in the community. I just didn´t know it then. Matthew 6:5;6:6. I know of course the bible is written by mankind. Surprisingly many people even elderly conservatives acknowledge that and they of course know the earth is not 6000 years old.

We all know that, for the most part. Even our priest acknowledges this and you know what he´s saying? "Back then, when we had no science to explain the heavens, stars and earth, it was the best explanation people could come up with."

You know what´s really important is not the book, the church it´s the message and moral codes it delivers. When I read some of the posts here, that they hate each religion, they hate church, I feel pity for them. Honestly and not in a bad sense.

They have hate in their heart, and don´t understand the values a community can offer. In rural regions like I´m living in, the church community is also the town community.

Don´t hate.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
if being islamophobic is hating islam in a religious sense, then I'm one of them.

It is a system of slavery, to a magical man in sky, that has to pray and sing bizarre songs.

They must break FREE from it , but like Christianity Judaism and pretty much all the rest they have been told about the bogeymen that want to take it away, which makes them hang on even more, like drones.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

LOL it already went through since the beginning.
But anyway I was raised in a Fundamentalist Christian home and have been a Christian for 35+ years so it gives me an unique perspective on religions and why I hate them.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It´s exactly how it works, I asked you first, that´s why I posted that text twice! Go back a page and look it up. You answer my question first if you insist on the right order and can´t get it straight.

Fine. First off force the pope to open the secret library in the Vatican and tell people the truth. I doubt anyone wants to be a christian after that. I guess other religions have their originals hidden somewhere too. Basically expose religion as a lie and embrace the chaos that follows. Nobody has ever read the original bible. That's supsicous as f#ck. If that doesn't work just make religion illegal. There is no magic wand that makes religion go away i know that. In reality it would be pretty bloody and messy to get rid of every religion. Maybe people would even wake up from a spell or some kind of mind control when they refuse to follow the teachings any longer. Somehting about religion in general rubs me the wrong way.

If it was my decision i would just outlaw it. Dismantle every religion and liquidate their assets to terraform the desert into fruitful farmland. I never understood why religious leaders always seem to drown in wealth and blame the poor people for not giving enough to their causes. It really looks like a massive scam and it's so obvious.

Btw do you think that Scientology is a true religion?
edit on 29-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: f#ck typos

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Absolutely, it's all about being consistent.

If everyone would drop the partisan, and instead was honest with themselves and each other, we would probably all end up standing together somewhere in the middle, because let's face it, we all pretty much want the same things at the end of the day.

I know for a fact that partisan is the main reason for the divide, especially here on ATS.
edit on 29-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Substracto
if being islamophobic is hating islam in a religious sense, then I'm one of them.

It is a system of slavery, to a magical man in sky, that has to pray and sing bizarre songs.

They must break FREE from it , but like Christianity Judaism and pretty much all the rest they have been told about the bogeymen that want to take it away, which makes them hang on even more, like drones.

I'm convinced that religion was created to hide the real truth about our heritage and that we are not the first civilization who inhabited earth. I don't know it just feels wrong to blindly follow a book full of fairy tale sounding stories.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join