It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
I still hope you´ve read my whole post. I dispise some so called religions, too but I do not hate them or the people practising it. Why should I hate them? I don´t know if you´re from the US, but I noticed there are all kinds of weird sects and churches there.

Why don´t you focus your energy on the people around you that you love, instead of putting all that useless hate into you. We all have a limited time on earth, at least for this life.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

So you think we're wasting our time hating Islam, especially radical Islam? Hate can be a healthy emotion as it helps raise awareness of the problem we are facing and energizes us to do something about it.
edit on 5/29/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

If there is evidence, be sure I´ll take the heat, just like here, to stand in front of the whole community next sunday to adress this and then take further steps, when I see the reactions, I´ll take it higher up. I know just the perfect guy for this, he´s becoming a priest this summer. I just never heard of that, christians in the name of god, killing people refusing to convert in africa.

And every christian reading this should at least to the same!

en.wikipedia.org...

you can read about africa in that link.
not just africa though

The November 2015 Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting, in which three were killed and nine injured, was described as "a form of terrorism" by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper.[125] The gunman, Robert Lewis Dear, was described as a "delusional" man[126] who had written on a cannabis internet forum that "sinners" would "burn in hell" during the end times, and had also written about smoking marijuana and propositioned women for sex.[127][128] He had praised the Army of God, saying that attacks on abortion clinics are "God's work

^^did you speak out against that?

Christian Identity is a loosely affiliated global group of churches and individuals devoted to a racialized theology which asserts that Northern European whites are the direct descendants of the lost tribes of Israel, making them God's chosen people. It has been associated with groups such as the Aryan Nations, the Aryan Republican Army, the Army of God, the Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord. It has been cited as an influence on a number of terrorist attacks around the world, including the 2002 Soweto bombings

or that?

religionnews.com...

Christian militias kill up to 30 Muslim civilians in Central African Republic

BANGUI, Central African Republic (Reuters) Hundreds of civilians are seeking refuge inside a mosque in the Central African Republic’s border town of Bangassou amid ongoing attacks by Christian militias that have killed up to 30 civilians, U.N. officials and aid workers said on Sunday (May 14). The attacks throughout the weekend on the town of Bangassou on the Congolese border have involved hundreds of fighters with heavy weaponry and appeared to be aimed at Muslims, they said, in the latest sign that the multiyear conflict is worsening.

what are you gonna do?
shout it from the rooftops that its wrong? take it to the pastor?

or you gonna walk it back?

ill wait
edit on 29-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I still hope you´ve read my whole post. I dispise some so called religions, too but I do not hate them or the people practising it. Why should I hate them? I don´t know if you´re from the US, but I noticed there are all kinds of weird sects and churches there.

Why don´t you focus your energy on the people around you that you love, instead of putting all that useless hate into you. We all have a limited time on earth, at least for this life.

so i am wrong for detesting all religion but its totally cool for you to despise some?

got it

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

That's another problem of our current society. We know something is wrong but nobody is willing to lift a finger to change that. People protested all kinds of useles sh!t but radical religious terrorism nah f#ck that its not my problem. How many people have to die until we realize that it's pretty retarded to use religious beliefs as an excuse to rape,extort and kill people?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Step 1, I agree. Open up that knowledge.
Step 2, I disagree strongly. If we start to outlaw thoughts, well, welcome to 1984.

I don´t consider Scientology a true religion. I don´t care about the definition of "religion" but Scientology is not one of them in my eyes.

Your answers;

Why do religious believers insist that their god is the one true god and the others are wrong?

Is this your personal direct impression or how do you came to this conclusion? I know so many people that are tolerant of other religions, just like they tolerate you liking the color green and they like the color blue for example.

For instance why are you so sure that christianity is the ony true religion for you?

I don´t know where I wrote this, that christianity is the only true religion for me? Please do quote me on that.

What happens if you're in fact wrong?

It´s a believe system how can it be wrong?

It rather looks like it´s popular today to just hate religion because of something that they´ve read. Let me tell you, 40 years ago, I was fed up with the church when I saw that the vatican had shares in ammunition manufacturing companies and what not. I was forced to church three #ing times a week since I can remember and I hated it.

I refused the confirmation because most were doing it because of the money and the weapons thing.

I still despise that. Yet, I baptised my children. Why? Because at some point in my life, I realized something. It was never about going to church to be there physically. You know what I learned there? Respect, to sit still and work in the community. I just didn´t know it then. Matthew 6:5;6:6. I know of course the bible is written by mankind. Surprisingly many people even elderly conservatives acknowledge that and they of course know the earth is not 6000 years old.

We all know that, for the most part. Even our priest acknowledges this and you know what he´s saying? "Back then, when we had no science to explain the heavens, stars and earth, it was the best explanation people could come up with."

You know what´s really important is not the book, the church it´s the message and moral codes it delivers. When I read some of the posts here, that they hate each religion, they hate church, I feel pity for them. Honestly and not in a bad sense.

They have hate in their heart, and don´t understand the values a community can offer. In rural regions like I´m living in, the church community is also the town community.

Don´t hate.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... 11e3-84e1-27626c5ef5fb_story.html?utm_term=.a8ba386d9941

BANGUI, Central African Republic – Tens of thousands of Muslims are fleeing to neighboring countries by plane and truck as Christian militias stage brutal attacks, shattering the social fabric of this war-ravaged nation. In towns and villages as well as here in the capital, Christian vigilantes wielding machetes have killed scores of Muslims, who are a minority here, and burned and looted their houses and mosques in recent days, according to witnesses, aid agencies and peacekeepers. Tens of thousands of Muslims have fled their homes.

cant hear you?
you shouting it yet?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

just cause a person tolerates a different religion from theirs does not mean they dont think theirs is correct.

ive not implied you said a thing one way or the other but since you like to dance im going to ask directly

is your religion the correct one?
why?

those are pretty straight forward questions...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
When was the last time YOU protested against religious terrorism.

How many people have to die until we realize that it's pretty retarded to use religious beliefs as an excuse to rape,extort and kill people?

Well, I guess, the most part of the human population knows this. Also, please point out the religion you speak of. I´m not aware that for example buddishm, hinduism, christianity, jews excuse rape, extortion and murder.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

(post by verschickter removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Interesting. Finally someone who dares to answer. Why do you need a book to tell you how to behave in the first place? I never read any religious book and i still turned out to be pretty decent human being. Every thing i needed to know i either got taught by my parents or just decided for my own. It's not rocket science to figure out right from wrong. I'm curious about another thing though. Why are all religions determined to follow their religion? Wouldnt it be easier to follow just one religion? Why do they insist of separating themselves from the others? This is not all about you directly but i wouldn't mind some answers.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Why are all religions determined to follow their religion? Wouldnt it be easier to follow just one religion? Why do they insist of seperating themselves from the others? This is not all about you directly but i wouldn't mind some answers.

thats an interesting thought
i doubt you will get an answer

i like the thought though

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Quote me on that! I dare you, I said I´m standing in front of the whole church at sunday, what is your problem?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC - the topic is not each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join