It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So let me start of by saying that when i say Islamophobia i am talking about those individuals who tar all of Islam with one brush, I am talking about the guy and galls who talk about the "religion of evil" or who after every terrorist attack start talking about ripping apart the Muslim faith, with some kind of cultural apartheid or even genocide.

These people who paint Islam as the big bad guy of the modern age, like the Nazi's of the 21st century or even worse.

I think that those who hold these views actually do in some instances have a point but only when we look at specific Muslim countries for example Saudi-Arabia's views on homosexuality or in regions of Pakistan where genital mutilation is a epidemic evil girls are subjected to. I also don't doubt that within our own communities there are some Muslims who dont stand for our western values, hold violent radical beliefs grounded in a warped interpretation of their religion.

However I think we need to be realistic. There are over 1.5 Billion Muslims on this little ball of rock, actually think about how many of them have actually succeeded in launching a terrorist attack on your homeland, wherever that may be. I bet the answer is pathetically small. More children have been killed in America by guns than by terrorists, more kids have been killed by knifes in the UK than by terrorists and so on. Sure some parts of the world Muslims are committing horrible acts, but ISIS has killed far more Muslims than they have ever killed other groups.

If you think about it like that many of those refugees who are feeling these countries ripped apart by civil war in the Middle East probably hate ISIS more than you or I.

Also then think about what we have done to them. In the west we get shocked and outraged when a guy with a bomb blows himself up killing tens of people or drives his car onto a side-walk to kill some innocent pedestrians. These are horrible evil acts, unforgivable acts but then are we really so much better. We invaded their homeland, we JDAM'd the Sh!t out of them, hell we even tortured them ad this was not a one off event this was a prolonged campaign of violence. The biggest victims of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were not Al-Qa'ida and Taliban but actually innocent civilians caught up in the fighting. If you really want to you can look this stuff up, about innocent Iraqi's being tortured by allied forces or special forces units digging the bullets out of innocent villagers so as not to get caught or how about the drone strikes in Yemen that destroy entire villages in one cleans sweep.

Think about that, those poor villagers are killed like ants being squashed by a boot, just going about their daily lives only to suddenly have their life's ended in a instance so some politician can claim to have killed yet another high ranking terrorist and the 15 kids who died in the school next door just get forgotten about.

Honestly when i really start to think about this, then I really start to wonder why the problem of Islamic violence (because lets call a spade a spade) is not worse than it actually is. Surly that if the scum-bag right-wing xenophobic propaganda of the "religion of evil" was true then with over 1.5 billion Muslims in this world the problem would be a lot worse than what it is. Almost all of these Muslims just want to take their kids to school and go to work like the rest of us, they are sickened by the death cult that has hijacked their faith just as much as the rest of us.

I also think that a lot of the hate towards Islam is misdirected. I think people need to recognise that those who commit these acts of violence in the name of Islam are not true Muslims. They belong to a death cult that has evolved over years of theological thinking, yes it might have its routes in Islam but it is not Islam, its a evil death cult that is hated by Muslims just as much as the rest of us. I think if we focus our hate towards them rather than the Islamic faith then we can take some steps to beating them, because the more we piss off even more of our Muslim neighbours by treating them like the terrorists, the more they might be tempted by this cult of death.

Anyway like i say, just some thoughts.

+35 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Might as well call me islamophobic. Don't care if I am. While the billion muslims in the world don't bother me. 20% of that global population are sympathetic to terrorism even if they do not directly or indirectly support it.

So that is still a lot of bad apples in that mix of good ones. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross. I don't go around making it known either.
edit on 29-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Might as well call me islamophobic.

At least you admit to it.

Interesting what you say about how some of them support terrorism, firstly I dont believe you could actually put a figure on it but then I also think about people who support other terrorist causes. For example there were a lot of Americans during the troubles who where sympathetic to the IRA terrorists.

It is different today, granted.

But I dont think that 20% of Muslims would say that the attacks in Manchester have their support.

edit on 29-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Might as well call me islamophobic.

At least you admit to it.

That's what the public MSM calls it. I call it a habit taught to me by what that particular religion has shown me.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Might as well call me islamophobic. Don't care if I am. While the billion muslims in the world don't bother me. 20% of that global population are sympathetic to terrorism even if they do not directly or indirectly support it.

So that is still a lot of bad apples in that mix of good ones. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross. I don't go around making it known either.

So you are saying that thinking the thought is the same as doing the deed? Besides that 20% number is pure BS. They polled a couple of thousand people and that speaks for almost two billion. Who would be stupid enough to believe that?

+16 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So you are saying that thinking the thought is the same as doing the deed? Besides that 20% number is pure BS. They polled a couple of thousand people and that speaks for almost two billion. Who would be stupid enough to believe that?

I have my own opinion. It's pretty simple really.

www.infowars.com...

You can't make this story up either.^

Sure call me a bigot, racist, xenophobic. I accept it. Blame the rap sheet a religion gets. My opinion is my own and no amount of talk will change it. I will forever remain supicious and watchful.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Brought to you by infowars.com......

+11 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its a #ty religion. Thats my opinion. I dont think every muslim is a bad person. Though Islam does routinely inspire fanaticism, and does so in a way that other religions do not.

That said, maybe we should all convert to Islam. At least they know how to deal with sjws and feminists. /s

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So what? You judge the story because it came from infowars? None of the other MSM sites cover it. Wonder Why?

+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It's an excellent video. Did you even watch it?

I am an 'Islamophobe' as well...at least by the liberal MSM definition. There are simply too many acts of barbarity committed by the followers of the 'religion of peace'.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well said. I agree.

But what can't be ignored is the statistical correlation. It's a consequence of regional and cultural politics. In the south, you have Christians who have a different culture than in the north and some think much like ISIS and would behave like them if legally allowed. Now imagine if our political and legal culture in the US was like one of the ultra conservative nations in the Middle East. The Christians here would behave just like the extremists, using the Christian bible to justify killing (as it commands Christians to do).

On the flip side, you have countless Muslim living in western civilization cultures (and everywhere, really) who are indistinguishable from Christians in terms of carrying out their spirituality in peaceful ways.

But it is the way it is and it can't be ignored. There's nothing inherently unique about Islam that makes it more violent than Christianity; it's just a matter of the cultures in which it is practiced.

+3 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I agree with most what you write but I ask you this:

Where are those billions of muslims acting up against that war? Where are the muslim voices to abandon everyone that has ties to radical groups? I´ve not heard them, except for one lousy little speech that roams around the internet somewhere.

Peaceful muslims indeed, so peaceful that they watch fellow humans being slaughtered down and they do nothing. I´m talking about the first world muslim population, where is the outrage? Hint, there is none.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

"US admits it conducted Mosul air strike 'at location' where '200' civilians died"

www.independent.co.uk... 651451.html

Can we blame this on the followers of Christianity? Or doesn't that count?
edit on 29-5-2017 by WombRaider69 because: link

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross.

cowboys like this dude worry me far more than your average muslim.

must really suck living in a perpetual state of fear or suspicion or whatever you want to call it of an entire group of people.

you my friend will get plenty of stars for that post though. kudos to you

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I thought about it. I think about it. You are absolutely right!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69
Do they kill them in the name of christianity?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I wouldnt stand for fanatical christianity either, though this thread is about Islam. I know fundamentalist christianity far too well. It sucks, but it is still not the same (today) as islamic fanatacism. If we were during the spanish inquisition, then we would be approaching that level, but we arent.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
I agree with most what you write but I ask you this:

Where are those billions of muslims acting up against that war? Where are the muslim voices to abandon everyone that has ties to radical groups? I´ve not heard them, except for one lousy little speech that roams around the internet somewhere.

Peaceful muslims indeed, so peaceful that they watch fellow humans being slaughtered down and they do nothing. I´m talking about the first world muslim population, where is the outrage? Hint, there is none.

why do they have to though?
they must act out against it and if not theyre not really against it?
i dont understand

are you a white christian?
if so every time a white christian commits some atrocity are you out there acting against it?

thats so stupid

what are they supposed to do? what would make you happy?

why should they disrupt their lives to speak out or act out or denounce anything any other person does?
thats not their #in responsibility

such a lame argument

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am not afraid of Islam.

I am concerned about people who use the more barbaric tenets of Islam to push their ideas of forcing people to submit to Islamic rule, arguing that spreading Islam is some sort of justification. If you actually read the Quran it condones enslaving others, cheating, lying, killing so long as it promotes the cause of spreading Islam.

Do I worry about every Islamist thinking that way? No. Do I worry about the majority of Islamists thinking that way? Also no.

Do I worry about some small fraction of Islamists thinking that way, and a significant fraction of Islamists not decrying those ideas? Yes. Rebellions and revolutions only need a small number of actual fighters so long as they have a sizable source of support and recruits.

While I do not think that a caliphate is in our future, I do think we are heading to a physical war based on culture and quest for power. I think we can stop it now if we crush the people who are using Islam to promote their goals to make others submit and obey. There will be an increase in suffering, terror and death unless we do something now.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross.

cowboys like this dude worry me far more than your average muslim.

must really suck living in a perpetual state of fear or suspicion or whatever you want to call it of an entire group of people.

you my friend will get plenty of stars for that post though. kudos to you

I keep my head on a swivel at all times. It is called being aware of your surroundings and not being oblivious to the world around you. Military training also helped foster that mentality of always keeping an eye on potential trouble makers and the signs to look for. I guess I'm a crazy person for just wanting to protect my family then huh. I know I can't be there 247 but I teach my wife these little tricks too so I hope all is not lost if a bad day happens and she needs to do something instead of becoming a victim.

Don't mistake my paranoia as you call it to be a rational of fear. You would be wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join