It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
Poor women, both. The western one for being overly fearing, the muslim for having to live with incidents like that.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Poor women, both. The western one for being overly fearing, the muslim for having to live with incidents like that.

Right! You finally get it!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Damiel
So ... the ATS consenus is that islam is bad ?

Pretty much yeah.

See this attitude is part of the problem.

Although there may be ssome people that would think this, there are also those on the opposite extreme that would claim Islam has never done anything bad.

However, the vast majority of people, including on this thread, are somewhere in between.

To claim there is any kind of consensus is wrong.

This attitude contributes to the rise of extremism. When people have legitmate fears over something, perhaps mostly out of ignorance, and they are shouted down by smug know it alls as racist for voicing concern, they are driven to hatred.

This attitude of shaming people as Islamophobes got 1400 girls sexually assaulted in Rotherham, where police and politicians allowed girls to be assaulted for over a decade out of fear of looking like an Islamophobe.

Until people can speak openly and honestly about these problems without being labeled as being part of an anti Islam consensus, then the problem will get worse on both sides.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: Perfectenemy

What did I ever do to you?

I'm not falling for it but i can assure you my time will come.

Do autotheists have anything to worry about?

I guess we will find that out when i'm dead.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Get what? That was my stance the whole time! What is your point here? i was just saying, if radical christians engage in a holy war, I expect other moderate christians to speak up to this. On the other hand, I expect the same from moderate muslims.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh yeah pretty much most members are aware of the danger of radical Islam. It's just that the people on the right are more afraid. At least that's my perspective.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
De-huminise a whole people

Kill all any person who follows islam

Is that what ATS has become ?

edit on 29/5/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

edit on 29/5/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

As it has been pointed out few times here Muslims DO speak out against radical Muslims. And I have stated that those Muslims suffering because of ISIS have unique perspective.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross.

cowboys like this dude worry me far more than your average muslim.

must really suck living in a perpetual state of fear or suspicion or whatever you want to call it of an entire group of people.

you my friend will get plenty of stars for that post though. kudos to you

I wonder if the victims in Manchester, or their families for that matter, thought the same as you.
If the vast majority of gunowners were "cowboys" going out looking for the terrorists out of fear, you'd be hearing about 200 million+ gun owners roaming the streets nightly, shooting up cities and towns across America. Despite the left and MSM's efforts, this is not the case.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh yeah pretty much most members are aware of the danger of radical Islam. It's just that the people on the right are more afraid. At least that's my perspective.

Well thats different than saying their is a consensus that Islam is bad.

I suppose you could argue that the right is more afraid.

But I think it is just as likely that the left are more afraid of not virtue signaling about how much they love diversity to want to combat Islamic terror.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Political correctness kills.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

With regards to Rochdale, that is absolute hogwash, Grambler mate.
I read the entire PDF about the case.

That problem started in the late 90s, long before anyone would have thought to use the term Islamophobe.
Not to mention many of the rapists were Eastern Europeans, who couldn't be tarred with the "bad Muslim" brush...

That (re the islamophobia accusation), is simply the excuse they have used more recently so they could turn everyone's focus away from police and government ineptitude.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
And I wrote, in the very beginning of this thread, that there are those voices out there, just not enough! I also wrote, that the moderate muslims should not ignore any radical muslims in their vincinity or family.

If my niche would go bat# crazy with any religion and starting chants to behead other people or similar, I would turn her in in a second, family or not!

I also wrote, just watching (doing nothing) enables this.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Easy reply
Jews, 'Gypsys', 'non desirables'
in Germany
'38 onwards
That's really ok with you ?

Nice bait. That's not what i meant at all. I just want to get rid of the reason for people to start wars over an entity that may or may not exist and books that were written ages ago by HUMANS! I hate religion for what it stands for and not the people behind it is that really so difficult to understand? That's why i hate these threads someone always tries to bait you into the Nazi corner like the member who reported me and thus missing the whole point.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

With regards to Rochdale, that is absolute hogwash, Grambler mate.
I read the entire PDF about the case.

That problem started in the late 90s, long before anyone would have thought to use the term Islamophobe.
Not to mention many of the rapists were Eastern Europeans, who couldn't be tarred with the "bad Muslim" brush...

That (re the islamophobia accusation), is simply the excuse they have used more recently so they could turn everyone's focus away from police and government ineptitude.

I have had this exact discussion with you on another thread in the past.

There is no doubt that politicians and police cited fear of being seen as racist for not taking action earlier.

If you are seriously denying this, I will look up the articles and post them.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So what´s your plan, brainwash everyone who refuses to let go of his religion just because there could be a war? How should this work? How do you get rid of it, now that we know you want to get rid of religion?

How?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

And I wrote, in the very beginning of this thread, that there are those voices out there, just not enough! I also wrote, that the moderate muslims should not ignore any radical muslims in their vincinity or family.

If my niche would go bat# crazy with any religion and starting chants to behead other people or similar, I would turn her in in a second, family or not!

I also wrote, just watching (doing nothing) enables this.

I can argue that there are not enough Christian voices out there against the atrocities in Africa.
But anyway yes we need to do something about it but how?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If you read my entire post, you'll see that I'm not denying that is what the police and government said...
What I did say is that it is a lame excuse not to track down paedophiles & that I do not believe that excuse because as stated, it started in the late 90s also involving white Eastern Europeans.

Racism accusations are a poor excuse.

Muslims are arrested every day in the U.K. with not a single accusation of Islamophobia.

Fact is they just didn't do there job, I'd guess it's because of the elite paedo problem in the U.K. before I believed their sh*tty excuse.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So what´s your plan, brainwash everyone who refuses to let go of his religion just because there could be a war? How should this work? How do you get rid of it, now that we know you want to get rid of religion?

How?

Religion is brainwashing in its purest form. I'm not sure why people refuse to see it and why it has no effect on me. Okay just a simple question. Why do all the religious people refuse to worship one god instead of a dozen different deities?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So you are saying that thinking the thought is the same as doing the deed? Besides that 20% number is pure BS. They polled a couple of thousand people and that speaks for almost two billion. Who would be stupid enough to believe that?

Who knows the Percentage... The problem is in these other countries they are not seen as terrorist or extremest, so the percentage is high just on that fact alone.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join