It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
forgea reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin>>>> Don't forget the ex neo Nazi who converted to islam and then murdered his neo Nazi room mates when they disrespected Islam in front of him. Radicals will always join groups to attack others and find an outlet for their hate. It could be the KKK, the neo Nazis, white supremacists, BLM, the black panthers, Isis, Al Qaueda, Antifa in Berkeley or even the DNC.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: old_god

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: xstealth
I´ve a pretty clear picture of Islam now. I´m repeating myself here but I´ve been to egypt many times in the last 30 years and I know some muslim egypts there, have spent time with the families and basically was lied to all the time when it comes to certain explanations why thing x is that way and thing y ist that way in islam.

Here is a post from another thread, I made it just minutes ago:

That´s exactly what was relayed to me by a egypt muslim after we knew each other over ten years. It was kind of a confession. Lying is allowed, if it´s towards a non muslim or benefits islam. We are seen weak because we let our women run around like they want. funny thing, it´s their weakness, if they need to hide their bodies so no one get´s jealous of anothers wife and stuff.

What utter nonsense.

That is not nonsense.

It's called taqiya and it's ordained by their god who is known as "the great deceiver"

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

The numbers in your post are terribly inaccurate.

The 6% number is a referencing the percentage of terror attacks in the US. That study also is referencing things like vandalism as acts of terror.

When you look at deaths in the US from terror, recently the overwhelming amount is from Islamic terror.

Thus, what the FBI report is really saying is that a demographic which makes up only 1% of the American population accounts for one-fourth of all deadly terror attacks in the U.S. and 94% of related casualties! (The 94% statistic is somewhat ironic because it is the same figure than Loonwatch is touting to dispel concerns). The Jewish population in the U.S. is more than twice that of Muslims, but there were only three so-called Jewish attacks during the entire 25 years (all by the "Jewish Defense League") with a total of three killed.

Since 2005, there have been at least six additional deadly attacks that would probably qualify as terrorism in the U.S. even to the FBI. One was the 2012 shooting by a skinhead that resulted in six deaths at a Sikh temple and the other five were by Muslims, which left 19 dead. This means that since 1980, Muslims in the U.S. have been 35 times more likely to commit terror than all other demographics combined.

Now, the point of all this isn’t to "prove" that any particular person is dangerous. The numbers are quite low and it is unlikely that the Muslim you know personally is all that different from you, much less plotting mass murder. A person's nominal religion is not grounds for thinking a certain way about them or for reaching conclusions that are based on anything other than their own words or deeds.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Worldwide, its not even close that the bulk of terrorists attacks are Islamic terror.

Many people on here are trying to have a civilized discussion, but you come in on your high horse declaring ATS to be illiterate bigots.

Your false statistics, virtue signalling and false sense of superiority have been noted. Sorry we can't impress you by ignoring reality like you chose to do.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You will encounter defense from them saying it's only Shia muslims who practise Taqiya in this way, and they are only around 10% of Muslims. So the majority of Muslims do not practise Taqiya in this way. They claim they are only allowed to lie and deceive if their life is in danger or some other similar reason. I don't think they use it for those reasons though. I think they use it exactly how you are suggesting... Just like how it says in the Quran "to kill one human being is to kill all of humanity"... yet we daily terrorist attacks around the world in the name of the Quran.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

You will encounter defense from them saying it's only Shia muslims who practise Taqiya in this way, and they are only around 10% of Muslims. So the majority of Muslims do not practise Taqiya in this way. They claim they are only allowed to lie and deceive if their life is in danger or some other similar reason. I don't think they use it for those reasons though. I think they use it exactly how you are suggesting... Just like how it says in the Quran "to kill one human being is to kill all of humanity"... yet we daily terrorist attacks around the world in the name of the Quran.

Yeah i the Quran where it says "to kill one human being is to kill all of humanity" - that's talking about if the jews kill one human, it doesn't apply to muslims. But they quote that a lot and leave out the surrounding context.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I agree with most what you write but I ask you this:

Where are those billions of muslims acting up against that war? Where are the muslim voices to abandon everyone that has ties to radical groups? I´ve not heard them, except for one lousy little speech that roams around the internet somewhere.

Peaceful muslims indeed, so peaceful that they watch fellow humans being slaughtered down and they do nothing. I´m talking about the first world muslim population, where is the outrage? Hint, there is none.

The Manchester suicide bomber was repeatedly flagged to the authorities over his extremist views, but was not stopped by officers, it emerged Wednesday night. Counter Terrorism agencies were facing questions after it emerged Salman Abedi told friends that “being a suicide bomber was okay”, prompting them to call the Government’s anti-terrorism hotline. Sources suggest that authorities were informed of the danger posed by Abedi on at least five separate occasions in the five years prior to the attack on Monday night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are none because you refuse to see them
Inform yourself before spouting bs
edit on 29-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Thats exaclty what I mean about Sunni explanation of Taqiya. I don't know for sure though, worth looking into.

Nearly 200 million Shia muslims DO practise Taqiya in that way though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

2/3 of Muslims in the UK would not have reported him to police.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Worldwide, its not even close that the bulk of terrorists attacks are Islamic terror.

Many people on here are trying to have a civilized discussion, but you come in on your high horse declaring ATS to be illiterate bigots.

Your false statistics, virtue signalling and false sense of superiority have been noted. Sorry we can't impress you by ignoring reality like you chose to do.

You can't acuse someone with forgery when you yourself use thereligionofpeace.com for reference. A site that has been proven to spread fake news over and over again.
American hypocrisy displayed in one single post.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Stop pulling random numbers out of your ass

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Im not. You are.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Im not. You are.

www.express.co.uk...

Daily Express? I should have known.

leftfootforward.org...

This just recent proof of forgery. With all the fake news crap i wonder who still is reading Daily Express ? Wow, just wow
edit on 29-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Picture actually looks real to me.

Pixel artifacts around zoomed in lettering is proof of forgery? hmm really... ha...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If you had a bag of Skittles, and i told you that just one Skittle in that pack was poison and it would kill you, would you still eat the packet of Skittles ?

Once bitten , twice shy....

Trust has to be earned in my world.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Russian Roulette is perfectly safe, you have a 5/6 chance of survival.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Good luck talking to a brick wall.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Well said. I agree.

But what can't be ignored is the statistical correlation. It's a consequence of regional and cultural politics. In the south, you have Christians who have a different culture than in the north and some think much like ISIS and would behave like them if legally allowed. Now imagine if our political and legal culture in the US was like one of the ultra conservative nations in the Middle East. The Christians here would behave just like the extremists, using the Christian bible to justify killing (as it commands Christians to do).

On the flip side, you have countless Muslim living in western civilization cultures (and everywhere, really) who are indistinguishable from Christians in terms of carrying out their spirituality in peaceful ways.

But it is the way it is and it can't be ignored. There's nothing inherently unique about Islam that makes it more violent than Christianity; it's just a matter of the cultures in which it is practiced.

Nowhere in the Gospel does Christ urge us to murder. More equivocal BS lies from the left.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dawgishly

Doesn't make your religion any less of a Cancer than islam is.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Refuse to see what, the outrage from moderate muslims? Please clarify, my words have been spinned enough.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears
Your entitled to your opinion of course but it´s clear your blinded by your hate against religion of any kind. If not for religion, we´d still be savages and kill, steal and whatnot.

Surely if that were true .... there would be no one in prison of any religion

The prisons are FULL of thieves, murderer's, savages and whatnots .... are they

all non believers

It would seem by your belief, no religious person ever sins?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join