It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany - and what you think you know about it.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
I wish I could give you like a bunch of stars just to highlight your post to others. People read this I could not have written it nearly as good as he.

A while ago, I wrote something very similar. TL;DR integrate a bit, learn our language and be a bit productive, you´re warmly welcome. Every nation.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Did we mention that the Schützenumzüge of those Schützenvereine, where germans get their gun permits from(or you just work for a "security company, that almost everybody can run here) look like little Nazi marches, and even sound like them?

Or is it just me, that Humptata, Humptata Marschmusik, the uniforms, emblems, flags, torches at night and all that?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think the correct term is European Germans

I find what you said very interesting.

I don't know if it was really a fair question on my part though.
edit on 29-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

I think the correct term is European Germans

I find what you said very interesting.

I don't know if it was really a fair question on my part though.

Euromans...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

S+F. I lived in Hamburg, Germany for a year and travelled the country, along with the rest of Europe. The people are kindhearted and the culture is wonderful.

The ignorance is high these days and rumors and lies are spread even by long standing members.

Most of these members are Americans and most Americans live and die without ever leaving the land of red, white and blue. They don't travel. I know that is a generalization, but it is backed up by USG data. Crazy, I know.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Since those first immigrant came, times have changed. At that time Turkey was secular, whereas now under Erdogan they are becoming more religious. And in the past 30 years Saudi Arabia funding islamic schools around the world, teaching extremist ideologies I think have made a lot of the migrants more hostile to the west.

I know u said its just ignorant right wing politicians exploiting the situation, but don't you see any problems since the new migrants came to Germany?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Funny, we had a march like that lately in my town. traditional clothes, some Lederhosen, trumpets the whole program. Another thing:

If you´re member of a shooting club (Schützenverein) and you have a round birthday (20, 30, 40, 50) you can bet on the 10 canon-shots in front of your house at midnight. If you do not wake up from this, you´re probably dead already.

The first time, you don´t think of it, until you hear the canon shots and see the torches throug the window. Then you know your B-day has arrived.

That´s how it sounds.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: grainofsand
160km/h, I´ll drive that slow if I want to cool down the turbo before I stop the engine :-P.

Lol, I have to keep below 100MPH because I got caught at 123MPH a few years ago and just held on to my license after a beasting in court.
100MPH is court every time, I don't think I'd hold on to my license a second time, the court would screw me.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
[ reply to: verschickter
I´m going to swim in shark water now, very delicate post here.

Dear ATS members who stared that post. It´s nice that you see it the same way like me, but those stars would be better placed on top of this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not complaining but if you find his post as valuable like I do, star it. Not because so he has 3 stars more in his statistic, but because it sticks out. It´s a long text and more members will read it, if it has a bunch of stars. That´s not to say the other posts on that page are less valuable of course!!

Thank you

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Lucky you, I deleted the post because of privacy minutes ago. Not that much cars in Germany of this make and model sooooo anyways...but the part that you quoted is okay.

Is 100MPH the absolute maximum on your motorway?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

70 mph is the legal max, but you can get away with overtaking police so long as you are under 100 mph.
100 mph is the cut off point where the cops have to stop you and it is court not a police ticket.
I've been caught over 100 so a second court appearence and I'm #ed, so I stick to 98/99 lol.

The fastest I've done myself is 170 mph riding a Honda CBR 1100 on the M4 in South Wales, but British roads are not straight so it seemed much faster, banking a bike at an angle at 170 mph lol, # roads here.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Similar to our rule, two times faster then 30km/h in city or 40km/h outside over speed limit and you walk for a while. My Honda XL250 from 1972 only does around 120km/h. With that Vmax, you´re a snail ^^.

But it´s running and running and running, need to weld a spot near the exhaust pipe where it meets the head. Loud as hell but torque without end

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

Since those first immigrant came, times have changed. At that time Turkey was secular, whereas now under Erdogan they are becoming more religious. And in the past 30 years Saudi Arabia funding islamic schools around the world, teaching extremist ideologies I think have made a lot of the migrants more hostile to the west.

I know u said its just ignorant right wing politicians exploiting the situation, but don't you see any problems since the new migrants came to Germany?

To be honest, with the huge number of refugees we took, i really awaited more problems, because it doesn´t care which "religion", sect, one is "member" of, you have rotten apples everywhere, mankind is not good, in most cases. We are greedy, criminal, violent and still live by the law of the jungle, eat or get eaten, do every for your own profit and walk even over dead bodies for that. Nowadays there is even more of that again than before 25 years, there is no "together" anymore, it is all just "against".

And then, letting a million of peoples in, all at once, some, or many of them, are not even known by their real names to the officials here, and could do what they want. The only thing some people say is that they see more headscarfs at young women nowadays. I made a test and i couldn´t see that suddenly there were noticeable more headscarfs in the city, than before. And i don´t have problems if people want to wear headscarfs, if it is hot outside like today. If the feel ok sweating to death, it´s a "free land" here. If i want to wear a Batman costume and run around outside at more than 30 degrees celsius, i am allowed to do it. So why shouldn´t religious nuts be allowed to wear their costume.

I mean, it´s cologne, the city of the cologne carnival, we like costumes here, have no problems with them. Like we have no problems with the catholic penguins, batmans friends, that run around like that Burka ladies, with only the face not hidden.

Really, i didn´t have any problems with those people, just have a new mate from pakistan, for example(no religious nut, not a "stone age man" or "Neanderthaler") . And i really don´t know anybody who had personal problems with or because of migrants, refugees. For sure you have those that say: Everywhere i look nowadays, everywhere headscarfs, everywhere black hairs... But you have such people everywhere, and it is their right to think so, and to say it. No matter what i think about these opinions.

Such people see the problems they want to see, to have something to grump about, in the bar, while drinking beer and being an all knowing politician, rebel, revolutionist and whatever else. For the time being drunk. But looking at the masses we took, almost nothing changed. There are no beheadings, there is no sharia police telling our ladies what to wear, no stonings, no bomb attacks, nobody forces you to pray to Allah or similiar.

For me it seems that most of them are really thankful, are happy to be able to live that free like here, to grow their children here, in freedom. And that almost nobody cares about religions, sects, here. That they don´t need to grow beards, the women to wear hijabs, etc.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I would like to add from many friends experiences touring in Germany. Every one of them has said that Germany is the best place to play rock music, at least if you are American, and that Germans are extremely hospitable - much moreso than most countries.

I hope to visit and play music in Germany someday.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Funny, we had a march like that lately in my town. traditional clothes, some Lederhosen, trumpets the whole program. Another thing:

If you´re member of a shooting club (Schützenverein) and you have a round birthday (20, 30, 40, 50) you can bet on the 10 canon-shots in front of your house at midnight. If you do not wake up from this, you´re probably dead already.

The first time, you don´t think of it, until you hear the canon shots and see the torches throug the window. Then you know your B-day has arrived.

That´s how it sounds.

No, not these kind of uniforms, i mean the green ones, those that look a bit military like, in my eyes...

Booyaka, did you see that he shot a dove of the roof...

(and i didn´t lower the sound of my soundsystem, my table shaked a bit...)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Similar to our rule, two times faster then 30km/h in city or 40km/h outside over speed limit and you walk for a while.

It is a sensible way to police the roads for sure.
From what I read on ATS only 2 mph above the limit and US cops will bust you.
I've had British cops wink and smile at me as I've broken the speed limit as I overtook them, just stay below 100 mph generally.

My Honda XL250 from 1972 only does around 120km/h. With that Vmax, you´re a snail ^^.

Lol I got scared at 170 mph/273 kmh!
# winding motorways remember.

But it´s running and running and running, need to weld a spot near the exhaust pipe where it meets the head. Loud as hell but torque without end

I bet she's a lovely ride, I had an XL 125 when I was 17, loved it, and I absolutely agree about the torque.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Go work in a refugee center for two days and you´ll see the problems coming at us
. I may repeat myself, but

rape, feces on the toilett ring, wars between nations, slavery, drug vending, random fire alarms because it´s funny, destroying furniture and use it as weapons, tear down the ventilation on the roof and throw it down to kill some other nationality, cooking on the raw plate without a pan burning down half of the kitchen (and then it was the neo-nazis..), smoking and grilling in the attik, but it were the neo-nazis. All kind of no goods there. I wouldn´t say this If I had not seen it with my own eyes, except for the rape but that´s documented in newspapers.

Generally, I´ve been approached with pure hate when they realized I´m the one testing the fire sirens. Don´t leave your car unlocked or you´ll get people crawling in there and stealing your stuff. My antenna was ripped of one day and a small toy-tractor was thrown at me from the 2nd floor, nearly hit my head, instead it put a dent into the car.

And I was always friendly and smiled until it got physical. Oh they stole the serial cable so I could not read out the fire system to tell who has been unscrewing detectors and smoking in their rooms.

I saw stuff, believe me.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We also have the green ones normally, because hunters. It looks like he´s the "schützenkönig" the best shooter of that club. Those get extra needles and a slightly changed uniform, because you´re the best of the best.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

I would like to add from many friends experiences touring in Germany. Every one of them has said that Germany is the best place to play rock music, at least if you are American, and that Germans are extremely hospitable - much moreso than most countries.

I hope to visit and play music in Germany someday.

Somehow many musicians from the overseas say that. I was told that the people are overfed over there, at least i can talk about rap, and that people start to leave live events after 20-30 minutes. I remember when the Black Eyed Peas were here for the first time, in Düsseldorf. They played more than 4hrs, because nobody left and everybody made party. They thought they could have played till the next week, and nobody would left.

I met a lot of rappers from the overseas here(they all love to smoke good herbs, and i know people that know people, which know people... xD) and they all said that this is not normal and very rewarding for the musicians, if their work is respected, loved, celebrated like that.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Fastest on a bike was around 200km/h then I got scared. It was a Aprilla something something, 1l+ ~180kg, 190PS or something along that line. It was a race machine and he drove it in Salzburg on the race track. Shortly under 200PS. That thing lifted the front in every gear it was insane, that adrenaline rush was even more than skydiving. Skydiving is nothing compared to those things IMHO. I´m used to the front wheel coming up in 1st and second but not through every damn gear. Goosebumps....

I think it was this one with some mods to the exhaust, gears, brakes and another bar. some more mods but those are the ones I remember.
Aprilia RSV4 but it was some years ago, maybe 4-5??

edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join