It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany - and what you think you know about it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I´ve been awaiting some other german input, great that you join! How could I forgot our competitiveness when it comes to that ^^.

Of course, before a sunday or holiday, the curb in front of your street has to be cleaned from dust. Or else the others will judge you on their way to church. "So ein Saustall". "What a pigcage". Well, here we are, Germans inventing new words... like "Handy".

Guys, if a german asks you for a "Handy", he means mobile phone. But first slap him in the face and tell him he´s an idiot before you lend it to him.

As for your current heath problem, I wish you the best. I can imagine the frustration if you have to go into the supergerm zone just to check out if you´re infected or not. A little bit like putting malaria patients together with suspected infected persons. How could that ever work out propperly...

When you do that thread, I hope I´ll not miss it! If I do not show up, could you give me a headsup? That would be great, don´t want to miss on what you´ve collected!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

How much does the US pay for base rent at Rammstein?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Time to close ALL our bases in Germany. Then we would not be having this discussion.

Btw, do you actually know what the US pays in base rents?

And what is the per capita spending on healthcare?

Let's compare apples to apples.
edit on 29-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Uh, we forgot something special german.
That we treat our pets better than our children, and our "Hausmeister"(caretaker).
Those Haumeister are a special kind of humans. You have one in every house with more than four living units. It must not even be the real caretaker, but someone that feels like a caretaker, and thinks that a caretaker is a police officer, a Blockwart(block leader", Stasi agent.

They think their job is to watch out of an open window and to grump at everybody, for everything. For example to tell kids that it is forbidden to walk on the grass in front of the house, and don´t even think about playing football there. But not to tell the owners of dogs not to take a sh*t there...

And many of us mutate from average people to Rambos, if they just enter their cars...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Curious question, which is the most Christian areas (Catholic and Protestant) of Germany? I am bringing this up because I know a dude who is marrying a devout Catholic German girl and I have a hard time believing that because I have the impression Germany is not very religious anymore.

Also, what's your opinion on Gloria von Thurn und Taxis?

In addition, what do you think of the Vons? (For those of you who don't know they are the German nobility)
edit on 5/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: grainofsand

He's a breath of fresh air compared to that miserable prick Arsène Wenger...

The Professor had a very big smile on his face on Saturday though.

Haha, don't be fooled, it was just wind.

As an Arsenal fan, fairly sure it wasn't just wind, if it was then he must have farted on Conte and Terry's faces by the look of them

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
As far as I know 0€. I do not know what they pay in rent except for the soldiers that don´t live on the base but in private for-rent flats and houses. I don´t think they pay any rent on the base, I couldn´t find one single entry for that. Again, the US is only accountable from around 5-20% of the whole cost. The rest is paid by German citizens.

The per capita spending on healthcare in 2015 was 344 billion. Or 4213€ per citizen. That´s 11.3% of our GDP.

www.destatis.de...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Curious question which is the most Christian areas (Catholic and Protestant) of Germany? I am bringing this up because I know a dude who is marrying a devout Catholic German girl and I have a hard time believing that because I have the impression Germany is not very religious anymore.

This map is from 2011 (source wikipedia: de.wikipedia.org...)

Yellow: Roman-Catholic 28.9%
Violet: Evengelic 27.1%
Blue: Without religion 34-36%

It´s interesting to see that the blue part, former DDR has the most people without a confession to religion.
The south (Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria) is the most religious. Most of the young people and also many millenials are in fact baptised (what choice did they have..) but don´t live the religion. Some quit the church. I myself am catholic althouh I don´t go to church. Matthew 6:5+6:6. I see and use religion as a tool for teaching moral to young children. A smart man once said: "Religionen sind für Moral gemacht" - Religion is made for moral. I believe in a higher being but I don´t believe in the catholic church or any man made religion.

Also, what's your opinion on Gloria von Thurn und Taxis?

I don´t have an opinion on her, I don´t know her personally. I also don´t mind such things. "High-Society", I could care less. A quick google image search tells me she would not care about my opinion either, the way she gives a # about her apearance sometimes.

In addition, what do you think of the Vons? (For those of you who don't know they are the German nobility)

"Vons"? Do you mean "Bonz"? That word is a bit, well let´s say it this way: It´s the expression of jealousy towards people with influence and money. Nowadays it´s used as a curse. I would never use that word because it has a certain jealous smell to it.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Curious question, which is the most Christian areas (Catholic and Protestant) of Germany? I am bringing this up because I know a dude who is marrying a devout Catholic German girl and I have a hard time believing that because I have the impression Germany is not very religious anymore.

I would bet on bavaria, for one of the most catholic areas. But we germans, like me, really are not religious anymore, we just have seen through the game that is played, with those fairy tales in the bible, the christ churches, the vatican etc. And that is not only for christs, catholics and all that, but too for the most of our fellow citizens that have "muslim" under their religion entry on their passports. I guess we germans are too impatient, waiting more than 2000 years for any evidence of any god, without any results, that is nothing for us (sane) germans. It´s not productive...

We are that dumb that we pay, as the only nation, country on earth, a Kirchensteuer, a churchtax. Everybody has to pay it. If you wanna leave that sect, you have to pay 30 Euros even for that("protection" money?). But i guess it´s because the vatican is that poor, am i right??? xD

edit on 29 5 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Back in the middle of the last century, that "wanna be Hausmeister" would be called Blockwart. Not a wart, four our english people. Wart means "warden". Those were the people that sold you out, so the SS could drag you out of your house, gas your family and send you for slave work in the camps . A former neighbor was one of those. True weapon SS bastard to the soul. I was glad when he died because that was the kind of person who drowns cats in a bag in the river, he did that according to his own words. When the sons football went over the fence now and then, he´d put a Bowie knife right trough it, in front of our eyes and walk away.

Sicko.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Any explanation on why the South is the most religious? And how would the rise of Radical Islam affect them?

Also what do you think is the solution to the terrible low birth rate issue Germany is facing now?

As for the German nobility: In my University (I live in the US) that's how my professor say it in German history. She would address the German aristocrats as Vons.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
We are that dumb that we pay, as the only nation, country on earth, a Kirchensteuer, a churchtax. Everybody has to pay it. If you wanna leave that sect, you have to pay 30 Euros even for that("protection" money?). But i guess it´s because the vatican is that poor, am i right??? xD

Not only that. If you leave the church (especially the catholic one) you better have a recipt for it. Or else, they´ll come back in 5-10 years, when the church went through the baptism-registers (where your name will be signed down). If you can´t proof you left the church 10 years ago, guess what:

The´ll want 10 years of churchtax if you can´t proof it, because it´s in their baptism register "Taufregister", that entry from the day you were baptised counts if you can´t proof it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Back in the middle of the last century, that "wanna be Hausmeister" would be called Blockwart. Not a wart, four our english people. Wart means "warden". Those were the people that sold you out, so the SS could drag you out of your house, gas your family and send you for slave work in the camps . A former neighbor was one of those. True weapon SS bastard to the soul. I was glad when he died because that was the kind of person who drowns cats in a bag in the river, he did that according to his own words. When the sons football went over the fence now and then, he´d put a Bowie knife right trough it, in front of our eyes and walk away.

Sicko.

Exactly those Hausmeisters i mean!!!
Weren´t there Blockwarte in the GDR too?
Isn´t a Blockwart someone who spies on his friends, family, neighbours, colleagues etc, to betray them for own profits? Like, being "good" in the eyes of the ruling class, we could call them Arschkriecher, Ja-Sager, Abnicker... Schweinehund too!

But the apples or cherries, stolen from their trees, tasted best!!!

edit on 29 5 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

As for the German nobility: In my University (I live in the US) that's how my professor say it in Germany history. She would address the German aristocrats as Vons.

Now i got it, "vons". Like von Richthofen, von Miesmuschel, von Dahinten.... for example

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Not only that. If you leave the church (especially the catholic one) you better have a recipt for it. Or else, they´ll come back in 5-10 years, when the church went through the baptism-registers (where your name will be signed down). If you can´t proof you left the church 10 years ago, guess what:

The´ll want 10 years of churchtax if you can´t proof it, because it´s in their baptism register "Taufregister", that entry from the day you were baptised counts if you can´t proof it.

Uhhh, i will keep an eye on the papers are evidence!!!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yes, you know the Junkers, the Counts and all that.

What happened to them? I heard they still run nationalist fraternities that do mensur (A form of German fencing for those who don't know) and that many of them are racist and only want White Germans in.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Be aware, this is my opinion and my not represent facts.

In my opinion the south is more religious because we have more traditions, more stable life. We have our own language, severals. Der Beobachter can attest to that. I´m swabian. If we both would talk to each other in our heaviest dialect, , communication would be nearly impossible if not for High-German.

There are far more big cities in the north. I can only explain it with the more rural regions and traditions. People in the south often stay where they are born and thus, tradition is preserved because it´s not only up to you to live it.

The solution to the low birthrate would be better hourly loans. Get us back our 50% from the Deutsche Mark that we lost and suddenly we can afford kids. It´s not that most can´t afford kids, but most want the make sure they can provide everything they need. Other cultures don´t see it that way, thuss they have more children.

About "VONS"
Ah now I got it. My god, I myself am a "Vons", how embarassing° You mean something like "von Thurn und Taxis". The word "von" is a title. It means "from"/"descendant of". Barons share that title for example. If you have an old Baron-family in your town, changes are they are called "Baron/Freiherr von *name of the town or district".

In my case not, because our family does hold the "lowest" nobility. But you don´t have any more rights today and I don´t expect people to call me "my nobleness" ;-). I´d like to share why we hold that title but that would expose my family name completely.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yes you know the Junkers, the Counts and all that.

What happened to them? I heard they still run nationalist fraternities that do mensur (A form of German fencing for those who don't know) and that many of them are racist and only want White Germans in.

I would say that the wealthy families in power, in Germany, nowadays are Quandt/Klatten, Schaeffler, Albrecht/Heister, Reimann to name some.

I really don´t know anything about wealthy families that are known to be active nazis that still run nationalist fraternities. But their are many "student" fraternities that in reality are nationalist fraternities. And who knows who funds them...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There were similar persons in the DDR, yes. Parteifreunde. They are all Schweinehunde!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The girl I mentioned is also a Von and her parents are "old school" aristocrats. Are the German Aristocrats more conservative and traditional or is it a regional thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join