It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative Destroyed: ‘White Supremacist’ Portland Stabbing Suspect Is A Bernie Bro

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If you read some of his older posts, one of the things he was most proud about was his "extremism" on anything he believed.

I think it was probably that more than anything. That explains his devotion to Bernie, then Trump, then hating both of them and everyone that voted for them.

That sounds about right. Not the change of his devotion -- but his violent extremism for whoever/whatever he devoted himself. Too much of anything is too much. And when that is one's default position on anything and everything, and especially when that extremism includes the propensity for violence, then anything -- including ideologies -- can be used as an excuse for violence. That's just how it works -- duh!

I don't even want to imagine what it's like living in his head
We would probably be blown away by what seems normal and right to him. (Shudders!!!)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It's a numbers game because the media portrays as such.

And the media is 95% anti-Trump liberal...hmmmm

There are areas where it is a threat, Portland being one place, Berkeley being another as examples. I'm not saying everyday but you get 50 violent people together in one place and it is a situation...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

No, thank you. I am not inclined to dilute my point or derail my post by jumping through your partisan hoops.

Bad behavior comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. Period.

More like you cant.

Because one is a mass social movement supported and/or defended and/or nurtured by the bulk of the DNC base/politicians/media/youth, now, and the other is no equal not by a long shot (for now anyways). Not to mention the one movement is responsible for the slowly growing uptick in interest in the lesser of the two.

The ying was without a yang, but busy little bees they have been in trying to corral up one all so they can go "see, seee, SEEEE I told ya" all in order to justify their own existence.

And because almost nobody in the left (the supposed moderates) make it their business to harshly criticize them, their brutally racist bigoted movement is increasingly on the march (waving the banner of the mainstream left) while the only promise it represents is the creation of a currently non-existent counter-movement the very sort of people they claim to be against.

Your response would have been less of a fail if you just didnt respond.

edit on 28-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It's a numbers game because the media portrays as such.

And the media is 95% anti-Trump liberal...hmmmm

There are areas where it is a threat, Portland being one place, Berkeley being another as examples. I'm not saying everyday but you get 50 violent people together in one place and it is a situation...

Ignoring the threat from the far right and alt-right. Hmmm.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I have no clue to what you mean here, can you type more than 10 words at a time, or just stop replying...lol

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I have no clue to what you mean here, can you type more than 10 words at a time, or just stop replying...lol

This thread is about that white supremacist, correct? That is alt-right. That is violence. And they are threatening more. Are you belittling them because you focus on your "numbers game"?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

What a sad response. Did you even read the OP? Because you sure misrepresented the letter and spirit of what I wrote. Especially this:

Trying to lay this behavior at the feet of "berniebros" is disingenuous at best & quite frankly blatant projection on it's face.

That is not what I said, implied, thought, or insinuated. From my OP:

Given this "new" truth, it needs to be said (sadly) that it's no more Bernie's fault for what this guy did than it would have been Trump's fault if he had been a Trump supporter.

Nor did I pluralize "Bernie Bro" -- you did that -- or in any way blame other Bernie supporters. Indeed, based on context, by refusing to blame Bernie personally, it would follow that I likewise would refuse to blame other Bernie supporters.

As for my source, which I specifically did NOT endorse, if you can find another one, please do post it for all.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Right now the far left have the numbers to be a threat....

I wouldn't say it's about the numbers so much as that those numbers are now in the losing position -- as in they lost their power in government and are therefore more likely to protest government now... especially given how they were encouraged and enabled and empowered to violently protest when Obama/Dems were still in power. (I hope that makes sense!)

Given the right encouragement, I shudder to think what the extremists on the right could/would do -- especially those who advocate "2nd Amendment remedies."

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Right now the far left have the numbers to be a threat....

I wouldn't say it's about the numbers so much as that those numbers are now in the losing position -- as in they lost their power in government and are therefore more likely to protest government now... especially given how they were encouraged and enabled and empowered to violently protest when Obama/Dems were still in power. (I hope that makes sense!)

Given the right encouragement, I shudder to think what the extremists on the right could/would do -- especially those who advocate "2nd Amendment remedies."

So what happened when Obama won and congress was democratic majority in both houses for a year? We got the crappy Obamacare out of it, what happened? What did all the 2nd Amendment right wings do then...lol so many of you have very short memories..

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

LOL!!! Failure and success are defined by one's purposes...

Violence is not wrong because it's committed by someone on the left or on the right... violence is wrong because violence is wrong and must be condemned and denounced for that reason, without regard for the accompanying ideology.

And when one is so intellectually dishonest, especially in media, that assumptions are made about ideology based on such violence and represented as truth and fact, it becomes "fake news" to one extent or another -- as in this case.

And it is up to those of with the eyes to see and the ears to listen to recognize the mis-truths, half-truths, and un-truths that are being passed off as "news."

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This thread is about that white supremacist, correct? That is alt-right. That is violence. And they are threatening more. Are you belittling them because you focus on your "numbers game"?

A Bernie supporter, so a very mixed bag of nuts there. Are you suggesting all white supremacist are alt-right? Can we even call this guy anything other than nuts? No one on the left can be racist? lol I sure no one on the left can be religious either geez...
edit on 28-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Have not seen his crazy face book posts but there are posters here just as insane,wonder if any of them will do the same at some time in the future :-/

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

A Bernie supporter, so a very mixed bag of nuts there. Are you suggesting all white supremacist are alt-right? Can we even call this guy anything other than nuts? No one on the left can be racist? lol I sure no one on the left can be religious either geez...

en.m.wikipedia.org...
He went from being a Bernie supporter to Trump supporter. What do you expect from a mentally ill person?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Some good points were made by members and the O.P , however when similar crimes are committed by Blacks and other minorities, their mental state is rarely brought into the equation, simply put, they are described as "Thugs" with no attempt to humanized them and the obviously degenerate home or community from which they sprang.

edit on 28-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Still parroting Salon I see.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Still parroting Salon I see.

Yeah. Milo is much better than Salon.

edit on 5/28/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

He went from being a Bernie supporter to Trump supporter. What do you expect from a mentally ill person?

We can both agree mentally ill, but the narrative was White Supremacist Trump supporter...Got to love the media...No false flags or fake news there...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So what happened when Obama won and congress was democratic majority in both houses for a year? We got the crappy Obamacare out of it, what happened? What did all the 2nd Amendment right wings do then...

There was plenty of talk about those 2nd amendment remedies! (I didn't make that up off the top of my head!!!)

But here's what I see as different: There was still faith in the process and the law of the land. That faith has been absolutely shattered and stomped into the ground. Folks campaigned and marched and voted for candidates that promised the world and then did the opposite. Court cases were brought and folks were told they didn't have standing and too many other rights have been denied... and we found out about the massive government spying that included a sitting Supreme Court Judge who just happened to write the opinion on Obamacare. Blackmail? Bribery? Other promises/threats??? I could go on and on and on -- ad nauseum infinitum!!! But the bottom line is that our government critters are not trustworthy and anyone paying attention knows that.

And that's what changed. Folks have been mighty patient, and given government critters every opportunity to do the right thing, and they've done exactly the opposite, just piling on the already steaming heaping pile of crap. At some point, the dam will break.

And it may start with the current crop of violent anti-Trump protesters. I think they've mistaken righteousness for weakness. Now that they've decided to violently target Trump supporters at Trump events, only those Trump supporters ready, willing and able to defend themselves will be attending those Trump events -- and I will rightfully so. I don't like it, but there is no virtue in letting bad people do bad things, and if the proper authorities won't do the right thing, then folks have to do what they can. Anyone and everyone has a right not to be assaulted, and anyone and everyone has a right to defend and protect themselves.

My fear is that it won't stop there though. That it will become a free-for-all.

lol so many of you have very short memories..

I wish I did... unfortunately, I've seen too much, and can see the natural progression of where this is going.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Have not seen his crazy face book posts but there are posters here just as insane,wonder if any of them will do the same at some time in the future :-/

Isn't that a creepy thought??? But it's reasonable to wonder... too many folks too quick to make excuses for the worst behavior...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

LOL!!! Failure and success are defined by one's purposes...

Violence is not wrong because it's committed by someone on the left or on the right... violence is wrong because violence is wrong and must be condemned and denounced for that reason, without regard for the accompanying ideology.

And when one is so intellectually dishonest, especially in media, that assumptions are made about ideology based on such violence and represented as truth and fact, it becomes "fake news" to one extent or another -- as in this case.

And it is up to those of with the eyes to see and the ears to listen to recognize the mis-truths, half-truths, and un-truths that are being passed off as "news."

He knows, he is winding you up. Have you ever read his threads?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join