It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative Destroyed: ‘White Supremacist’ Portland Stabbing Suspect Is A Bernie Bro

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm hoping to use this specific incident to make a greater point, as will be understood at the end of the OP, and I'm using this story because we can all agree that stabbing and killing folks is just plain wrong no matter what one's political affiliations or who one voted for. So hopefully we can focus on the pathetic media frenzy that followed, as opposed to the heinous act itself.

Narrative Destroyed: ‘White Supremacist’ Portland Stabbing Suspect Is A Bernie Bro

While I'm not a fan of Milo -- at all -- he seems to have better information than those assuming this guy was a White Supremacist Trumpster:

...Jeremy Christian is no Trump supporter.

In fact, when Christian brought his white nationalism to a free speech rally hosted by Trump supporters in April, they booted him out.

Video at link.

More from the shanker himself:

I'd rather waste a vote on somebody who has been arrested for fighting injustice than waste a vote on Trump or Hillary. Either one of those 2, I would gladly rip limb from limb. Plus, he is probably the only candidate of Jewish decent [sic] I would vote for. He might even be Atheist or Agnostic. Maybe he would take that in God We Trust # off our Zionist Tax Dollars. Plus I think he will make it legal to get stoned in public and Elementary schools....

Methinks I'm gonna mask up and start assaulting anyone wearing a Hillary shirt. Maybe a few Home Invasion [sic] if you got that stupid sign in front of yer [sic] house. Maybe just throw rocks thru yer windows....

Given this "new" truth, it needs to be said (sadly) that it's no more Bernie's fault for what this guy did than it would have been Trump's fault if he had been a Trump supporter.

But what's the greater point? What should be our takeaway? First and foremost, folks sure do need to stop jumping to conclusions based upon their own confirmation bias -- and the spin of media talking heads and political critters. Believing it doesn't make it so. Saying it doesn't make it so. Wanting it to be true doesn't make it so.

Nor is it necessarily "fake news" in the sense that the whole story was untrue, but it sure was to the extent that the "whole story" was based upon half-truths and mis-truths and un-truths.

And that applies to much of what passes for news lately -- especially unsourced and unsubstantiated claims from "current" and/or "former officials." There is probably some truth to all of those anonymous claims, some more than others. But it's certainly not the whole truth. And I can't help but always remind myself that those leaking such classified information have almost certainly sworn their secrecy regarding the very matters they are now criminally leaking... Hmmm... not exactly a resounding endorsement of their honesty, integrity or honor -- much less their motivations and purposes.

So by all means these stories should be posted for discussion, debate, dissection. But unless and until they are substantiated with the appropriate documentation, they cannot be confirmed or debunked... they just have to be kept in their proper perspective and taken with a grain of salt -- and a shot of tequila (if you're so inclined).

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Agreed. Same thing goes for all the "lefties are doing all the rioting and looting" crap as well.

+6 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Crazy. That's the best way to describe the man. It appears he was all over the map politically. But if we want to take his politics into account, by his own admission, he voted for Sanders.

You don't hear much about Nazi Sanders supporters often.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Agreed. Same thing goes for all the "lefties are doing all the rioting and looting" crap as well.

Agreed. There's plenty of bad behavior happening -- and encouraged by many -- on all sides.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Now that does do a number on the whole Alt-right narrative being spun by so many... damn Facebook keeping posts!

This man was clearly unstable and his crimes are horrific, politicizing them does no one good except those who seek division.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Huh, I honestly can say that I never once considered, let alone assumed, that disgusting killer's political leaning.

Am I in a minority or does everyone automatically do this these days?
edit on 28-5-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
There is a real problem with the far left. The violence, rioting and intimidation we are seeing is pretty shocking. It's not a big progression for some of those thugs and crazies to take it a step further and start killing people. Something must be done to sort the situation out.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Now that does do a number on the whole Alt-right narrative being spun by so many... damn Facebook keeping posts!

This man was clearly unstable and his crimes are horrific, politicizing them does no one good except those who seek division.

Politics and religion are big drivers of violence and murder in the world, unfortunately.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Crazy. That's the best way to describe the man.

Yes. This man is violently mentally deranged, and he has made that very public.

I'm shocked that no one reported him to authorities long before this.... long before the election! But then again, maybe he was reported. It wouldn't be the first time a would-be terrorist was reported to authorities but nothing was done to stop him.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Huh, I honestly can say that I never once considered, let alone assumed, that disgusting killer's political leaning.

Am I in a minority or does everyone automaticlly do this these days?

People are led by the contents of their beliefs. This man's beliefs led him to commit a brutal crime. His beliefs, however, were likely stewed by mental issues resulting from a variety of traumas, for instance he was shot in the face by police.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

But what's the greater point? What should be our takeaway? First and foremost, folks sure do need to stop jumping to conclusions based upon their own confirmation bias -- and the spin of media talking heads and political critters.

You should highlight this in your text. Completely agree. The western world (I have no information on the other worlds that exist) is turning into a caricature of itself. For so long did we lambast the "old enemy" of the Soviet Union for its media manipulation, thought control and general bad showmanship that to live, nowadays, in the utter filth that is presented to us through our own media brings me much pain.

Good job on the point of the thread.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Exactly. It serves an agenda... feeds the fire... and further divides the people. But nothing good comes of it.

And in this case, it ended in tragedy for three good men (and their loved ones): one injured and two lives lost that can never be returned.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Doesn't matter who he voted for he still mouths the same angry ignorant garbage that the pro pedophilia website you just re-posted pushes.

The Man Accused of MAX Double Murder Is a Portland White Supremacist Who Delivered Nazi Salutes and Racial Slurs at a "Free Speech" Rally Last Month I know because I interviewed him last month.

www.wweek.com... at-a-free-speech-rally-last-month/

K~

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Good for you! And based on previous posts of yours that I've read, I'm not surprised in the least

I don't want to believe you are the minority... but I admit that I am afraid that you are

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Please list all of the open mob hate crimes, riots, etc that aren't leftists / people nuts with leftist Critical Race Theory / Progressive Stack / Political Correctness / Social Justice ambitions.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

That's because you don't suffer from the same symptoms of _________ that most on the ____ do.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
There is a real problem with the far left. The violence, rioting and intimidation we are seeing is pretty shocking. It's not a big progression for some of those thugs and crazies to take it a step further and start killing people. Something must be done to sort the situation out.

It's a problem with the far-right as well, and the "far" anything pretty much. For too long we were hearing far too many on the right spouting "2nd amendment solutions," which wasn't any better. And if the protesters on the left continue their violent ways, then the only protesters on the right will be those willing to be even more violent than those on the left. Not a good scenario at all -- but one, I'm afraid, that is being encouraged and promoted.

So of course any and all violence has to be condemned and punished. (It was rather refreshing to see Professor Bike-Lock arrested, eh?) But that starts with the rest of us making very clear that all violence is wrong, and focusing on the violence -- not the ideology.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This has more to do with white supremacy and islamaphobia than any particular political leaning.

White nationalism is the enemy here, and that goes for any political party that wants to normalize those types of attitudes as well.

On whatever side of the spectrum you tell yourself you are..

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Crazy. That's the best way to describe the man. It appears he was all over the map politically. But if we want to take his politics into account, by his own admission, he voted for Sanders.

You don't hear much about Nazi Sanders supporters often.

You sure don't. The irony is off the charts with this guy, a nazi who voted for a jew... hmm.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Completely agree. The western world (I have no information on the other worlds that exist) is turning into a caricature of itself. For so long did we lambast the "old enemy" of the Soviet Union for its media manipulation, thought control and general bad showmanship that to live, nowadays, in the utter filth that is presented to us through our own media brings me much pain.

I'm definitely with you there, and it's definitely disheartening. But I'm thinking too that has given us an advantage over our younger counterparts. We were told and shown how the truth can be tweaked and distorted for political purposes... and we were determined to be better than that. I guess not anymore... but we can hope for the future.... and share that once-conventional wisdom every chance we get!

Good job on the point of the thread.

Thank you! I'm glad I could -- and did

<<   2  3  4 >>

join