It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Massacred in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
And so it begins anew with a resurgence of attacks on the oldest Christians on the planet from the birthplace of Christianity. Time to change your facebook pic folks!

28 men women and children on their way to the Monastery of St Samuel were ambushed in the desert by gunmen today by suspected ISIL members who appear to be stepping up their campaign against Coptic Christians in the Sinai region. One of the gunmen specifically targetted the childrens' bus and opened fire official figures say killing 6, the unofficial figures are believed to be higher. The men were assassinated and the surviving women were robbed and left with Islamic literature.
Coptic Christians Massacred

The attempted genocide of ME Christians continues seemingly unabated ISIL progress towards their end goal of no Christians left in the Middle East, the birthplace of Christianity. Christians are at level 6 on Genocide Watch List but why do I get the feeling that this incident and others like it will not find the sympathy and support shown for attacks in the West? It always seems to be a case of "oh its over there" and if it doesn't directly affect us we just say the right words wring out hands and move on. Have we become de-sensitised to the atrocities in the Middle East to the point where we just shrug them off? Quite possibly. This situation between opposing religions has been happening for such a very very long time, its seems to have become the norm. A similar thing happened in Africa years ago with starving Ethiopians and Biafran children during the Nigerian Civil War in 1967. Our tv's were flooded with images of sad starving desperate people and children especially. People wanted to help, charities fell over themselves to assist and then slowly Africa was left to starve. Once the initial horror wore off, Africa became synonymous with tribal warfare,starvation and sad dying children and to many in the West this became "Africa".

Violence bombs & murder have now become the Middle East. No-one thinks of the Middle East and thinks "Lovely place so much good has come out of the ME" nope we automatically think death, just like Africa where we associate it with starvation and tribal warfare.

Will there be retaliation by Western powers for this latest attack on Christians? I very much doubt it, but chuck a lone suicide bomber in Times Square and the Western World units in condemnation.

I can almost hear TPTB's reaction to this latest attack "Oh well its the ME what do you expect?" Well what I expect is the same courtesies shown to Western Christians when they are attacked to be given to ALL Christians. Just because they are a zillion miles away from your little bubble doesn't make it any less horrific or give you an excuse to ignore the attacks.

Muslims stand in solidarity whichever sect they belong to, and its about time Christians did too whether religious or not, we NEED that unityDaily Mirror

+4 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thats one helluva conversion tactic, leaving the widows and childless mothers with "Islamic Literature".

Islam; not even once.

+5 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The social media warriors are ignoring this story i wonder why. RiP all victims of that heinous act. Attacking a prayer bus has of course nothing to do with religious zealotry. F#ck this sh!t. Peaceful my ass.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It will maybe make the CNN news ticker............once.

+9 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wait wait wait....

The Catholic church did bad things in the 1500's!

No really though. The left really does hate Christianity for some odd reason and defends Islam it's crazy. Nobody cares about the Christians in the Middle East especially the Assyrian Christians who have been fleeing to Europe and America for the last 4-5 decades. Good people too.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yup sad but true. I really think we have become so used to the way things are we ignore the ME until it hits nearer home

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It will maybe make the CNN news ticker............once.

Doesn't serve the anti Trump Christians are bad Islam is good political narrative being forced down our throats everyday.

Just get used to it it's part of our lives now remember?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Going by the medias and islam apologists logic the surviving women will now suicide bomb the sh!t out of the Daesh camps and hideouts. Serves them right. Daesh and all their sympathizers should just be killed on sight. Getting rid of these people is the only way to eradicate this ideology.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

My theory is give them Syria, build a wall around it and air drop everyone who wants their "paradise" right on into paradise.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Why Syria? I'm sure the Syrians would be so happy to know you'd drop even more deranged terrorists into their ravaged country

The point I am trying to make in this post is the hypocrisy regarding when Christians are killed in the West and in the ME and the de-sensitisation it seems we are all suffering from after years of war & terrorism

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Because Syria is ruined and it's the most dangerous place on the planet. Syria is lost.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Do you know what...thanks for posting this i needed it

I have to admit my response to the recent events here at home in the North west has been plain and simple ANGER.

This has reminded me that this s**ts happening pretty much all over the world.

I'm not religious my self so in my opinion people all over are being killed for someones messed up version of their magical bearded sky man (insert other deity of choice) non of which are likely to be correct.

I am sorry for the poor innocents that have had their lives destroyed by cowards.
edit on 26-5-2017 by nickovthenorth because: i cant spell

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

You're welcome. I think I needed to post it to remind myself that for some people there is no moving on. Its their life and everyday they are in fear of losing it. In Manchester Paris Brussels there are kids with no parents there are parents with no kids, but they will, eventually, heal given time. They will have their memories, a place to visit their lost loved ones and more importantly the knowledge that these events here in UK are rare and they won't have to walk the streets in fear on a daily basis. Christians in the ME have been left to fend for themselves. No facebook pictures for them no lighting up buildings for them, no rememberance services for them, no politicians condemnation and retaliatory strikes or sanctions for them. They live with the threat of death daily simply because of their beliefs

Time we evolved
Time we in the West united in our faith because despite the majority nowadays not being of a religious persuasion, we are all Christian in essence
Time to put bums of seats and prevent our churches from being turned into Mosques or Restaurants
Muslims are united - we are not
A force that's united in belief is an unstoppable force

PS I'm not a religious person but it would be amazing to see millions pile into churches on Sundays even if just for a show of unity and force

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Happy Ramadan!

Ramadan Bombathon 2017 is shaping up to be a record breaker.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

How is Egypt the birthplace of Christianity?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
The Catholic church did bad things in the 1500's!

No really though. The left really does hate Christianity for some odd reason and defends Islam it's crazy. Nobody cares about the Christians in the Middle East especially the Assyrian Christians who have been fleeing to Europe and America for the last 4-5 decades. Good people too.

How about 2015?
edit on 26-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That group of Christians needs to be eradicated but still draws no equivalency to Islam in the modern world.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Time we evolved

We are evolving all the time.

Time we in the West united in our faith because despite the majority nowadays not being of a religious persuasion, we are all Christian in essence

No. We all aren't. I'm not Christian and you don't speak for me.

Time to put bums of seats and prevent our churches from being turned into Mosques or Restaurants
Muslims are united - we are not

This is 100% and unquestionably false. Muslims are no where near united in their beliefs. Saying this shows you know nothing about the religion and just want to hate. Not very Christiantly though.

A force that's united in belief is an unstoppable force

The Christian right is better united in their hatred of Muslims than the Muslim religion is.

PS I'm not a religious person but it would be amazing to see millions pile into churches on Sundays even if just for a show of unity and force

Lol.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

That group of Christians needs to be eradicated but still draws no equivalency to Islam in the modern world.

Really? Could have fooled me:
WATCH: Christian Extremists Mass Behead Muslims in Africa

+8 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Didn't take long for the Christian bashing to start.

Is that the same group of people??

And no this group of Christians are not spreading their brand of terrorism across the entire planet sorry, still draws no equivalency.

Lefties hate Christians.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join