It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber Exposed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hello, ATS -

This is to announce the publication of a paper that may interest some of you. It's the first sustained critical analysis of the work of Whitley Strieber. Many have dismissed Strieber over the years as a deluded man and a storyteller, while others have said his writing is too vivid and his presentation too earnest for him to be dismissed outright.

Yet nobody's done the work. While it's easy to find inconsistencies in anybody's accounts - not just Strieber's - it's another thing to confront someone's work as a whole. This paper does just that through the lens of Strieber's book "The Key".

In 1998, Whitley Strieber claimed to have been visited late one night in his hotel room by a man who presented him with a "new vision of God and man", scientific predictions, information about antediluvian civilizations, etc. In 2001, he self-published a book about it called "The Key". In 2011, he brought the book out again - this time with a legitimate publisher, Tarcher/Penguin.

Unfortunately, Strieber's "The Key" has exposed Strieber as a pathological storyteller. This paper called Problems with Strieber and The Key, looks at a variety of often obscure, lost interviews together with Strieber's other books and articles to show that the material he claimed to have gotten from the so-called Master of the Key was straight from Strieber's own mind.

www.strieberthekey.com

The paper can also be found at Archive:

archive.org...

Strieber's work as a whole is examined in light of the fact that his 1998 encounter is pure fantasy. Strieber's effort to insert himself into all paranormal stories du jour is shown in detail: the drones, cattle mutilations, the JFK murder, 9/11, and more. Finally, his recent attempts to 'channel' the words of his dead wife who is now co-hosting the Dreamland podcast with him.

Cheers.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JBloo

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Gee...I can't verify if it's true or not, but how can you condemn a man before he's proven guilty?

You need to prioritize what's right before going all 'blazing saddles' on the guy. Wally would.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I only ever read 'Communion' and I read it as a novel, not a work of fact. I thought the premise was quite good, the scenarios vividly described and I must confess to the book giving me a few nightmares, at the time. But when all is said and done, Strieber is a creative writer and, in my opinion, anyone who takes to that particular field of writing is always going to be onto a loser when attempting to present a story as "fact".

I read the short sample on your link, as I really don't feel I could go the whole hog and read the paper but from that sample alone, I believe the assumption to be the correct one.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
My head is about to explode...crap...you guys really believe this #?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

I wonder how you managed to read the hundreds of pages presented by Heinrich Moltke that quick!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Christ can do that. Gee Wiz.... Don't you read the ... ok nm.

Innocent before Guilty.

edit on 26-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Christ can do that. Gee Wiz.... Don't you read the ... ok nm.

Innocent before Guilty.

Unless he's a Muslim. "Muslim children are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway." I'm not sure our 2017 government really believes in innocent until proven guilty anymore. It seems crimes of consciousness are receiving capital punishment in much greater frequencies.

That said, Strieber's brain seemed a little unstable to me. But that's what happens when you are excessively anal probed.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Unless he's a Muslim. "Muslim children are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway."

Well, this thread went off the rails quickly.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Seems to me the paper is the 'proof' you're asking for. It's as open and shut as it gets. I agree: innocent before guilty. But then you have the trial, and if guilty, well, you don't get to say 'innocent before guilty' then.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

lol... ok wait...

I appreciate your initial statement and agree with it, mostly.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Therefore if you train up a child to be a clown, an idiot or a kamakaze pilot, expect the best results. This includes barbarism, and terroristic tendancies.

As for Streibers brain, my anal-ysis heh, on that is... Something I must take to the board of Probe Anal Ysts for further investigation.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Nothing is what it seems. You'll learn that some day,when you're a grown up.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Unless he's a Muslim. "Muslim children are just going to grow up to be terrorists anyway."

Well, this thread went off the rails quickly.

Stay on target:

That said, Strieber's brain seemed a little unstable to me. But that's what happens when you are excessively anal probed.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

lmao indeed it has

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I take your word on Christians grow up to be peaceful because I don't see it.

Streibers brain may be unstable from his abduction experiences. The existence of extraterrestrials is possible and who is to say what types of technology they may have after a million years of technological development.

On the surface though, through just the analysis of his writings, he does appear to be delusional. Strieber is not my favorite but I will not discount his writings completely.

edit on 26-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Ah. I didn't know ATS was just a vehicle for #-posting from Jesus. My bad.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I'll pray for you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBloo
Ah. I didn't know ATS was just a vehicle for #-posting from Jesus. My bad.

Without Jesus all we have is extraterrestrials!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Me too! I need all the help I can get!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Give the guy a chance. I gave you one.

Remember... Not everyone thinks alike, be open, be honest and be real. You came to this forum did you not? To learn and share about things that defy reality.

Only Believe.

btw don't be angry at me for saying that, you're one of my favorites.

<<   2  3 >>

join