It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Strieber Exposed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We very well may find that these ET's will have some of the answers we seek, if they exist. I have many theories on this however, i enjoy listening to others' on the matter.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Christ can do that. Gee Wiz.... Don't you read the ... ok nm.

Innocent before Guilty.

I did not know there was a 'trial' nor that we were 'judges'..

Moltke's work points out inconsistencies of a rather grave nature in Strieber's work. And points out that Strieber already told similar stories that he said he heard from his hotelroom visitor - years before. Add to that that Strieber's reports about look and height of the visitor differ over the years (from a short guy to a tall guy for example) and it becomes quite hard to trust Strieber.

Note that I'm not suggesting that this means that Strieber is a fraud, nor a liar. He may well be abducted by "aliens", and perhaps he WAS visited by a guy in a black suit in the middle of the night, I don't know. But if a witness produces inconsistent stories either his memory is failing, he is prone to fantasies (confabulations even) or both. In all cases, his testimony, without additional proof, is useless, unless you like horror- or SF- stories.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Why would you think that we were judges? Didn't the American Legal System come to that Conclusion'?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: JBloo

Gee...I can't verify if it's true or not, but how can you condemn a man before he's proven guilty?

You need to prioritize what's right before going all 'blazing saddles' on the guy. Wally would.

Agreed. Now I know he loved his wife to the point of distraction, but when did he get the powers of channeling the departed? Anyway that's not the reason for the post.

Anyway the getting all Blazing Sadlles on him I believe technically was the Ol' #6.

I won't go into the details so "YouTube it" its only about a minute and a half long.

Thanks RM for the Saddles reference which made me watch that clip and making me watch that clip made my day.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

And a more verbal explanation for the non-natives

edit on 26-5-2017 by ForteanOrg because: he was fiddling with the starting time but could not get it to work.. it's on the 30 second mark, move it there yourself or enjoy the first 30 seconds too..

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

... Finally, his recent attempts to 'channel' the words of his dead wife who is now co-hosting the Dreamland podcast with him.

My OH My.... how Macabre is That...

see:

ma·ca·bre
[məˈkäbrə, məˈkäb]
ADJECTIVE
disturbing and horrifying because of involvement with or depiction of death and injury:
"a macabre series of murders"
synonyms: gruesome · grisly · grim · gory · morbid · ghastly · unearthly · grotesque · hideous · horrific · shocking · dreadful · loathsome · repugnant · repulsive · sickening · black · weird...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BullwinkleKicksButt

This wouldn't surprise me at all.

+1

I will never pay too much attention to supposed "abductees" coming forward that way, with books, TV appearances, and such.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The cover of Communion gave me pause when I first saw it. Later, he said they changed it so it was a little off. I noticed the difference.

I hate the out of sequence nature of that book. But I'm d@mn sure not going to condemn an person's oeuvre on one shoddy book!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There are many more plausible alien encounter stories, Whitney Strieber's story is not one of them.
edit on 5/26/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

Sad to say, but the minute he decided to monetize his alleged experiences it was "grain of salt time". What I don't understand, and probably never will, is why people never think they will get caught in the falsehoods?

SMH
Just sad

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

One thing that is fact and Strieber has acknowledged it when he was faced with evidence that it was a lie. He claimed at one point, and wrote about it, that he was a witness to the 1961 Texas Tower massacre when a gunman, Charles Whitman, killed 16 from the top of the University of Texas' Texas Tower.

Strieber, later faced with evidence, admitted that he wasn't there. But he claimed that he was in a strange way. He identified with the scene! He was only 16 at the time of the incident.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That link has a very familiar address. 544 Camp St...the famous address of Lee Harvey Oswald and Guy Bannister.

That has nothing, as far as I know, to do with the OP...just mentioning it.

As for Strieber, he has always seem to me a strange chap. I think he's a decent guy but haven't read him enough to have an opinion at this point. I did use to enjoy his dreamland site when he had William Henry with him

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
That link has a very familiar address. 544 Camp St...the famous address of Lee Harvey Oswald and Guy Bannister.

That has nothing, as far as I know, to do with the OP...just mentioning it.

As for Strieber, he has always seem to me a strange chap. I think he's a decent guy but haven't read him enough to have an opinion at this point. I did use to enjoy his dreamland site when he had William Henry with him

Hmmm. 544 Camp St. Would that be in New Orleans, by any chance?

And.... I used to live at the address 506 High Street....what might that mean?

edit on 27-5-2017 by tetra50 because: additives

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
BS Scam Artist.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Strieber's now going ape-#, blaming anti-Semites, racists, and MUFON for the paper about him:

www.unknowncountry.com...

The writer who called BS on Strieber left a pretty good comment below Strieber's blog:

A message from 'Heinrich Moltke':

An Answer to Whitley Strieber
by the author of "Problems with Strieber and The Key"

Recently, I completed an in-depth study of "The Key". At over three hundred pages, it is a scholarly, comprehensive, and detailed analysis of the book together with the issues surrounding it.

The paper is not a piece of debunking. I am not a debunker. I am someone who followed Strieber's work for more than two decades, bought his books, and even wrote pieces defending him. I am of the opinion that many people who claim to have had 'contact' are neither lying nor hallucinating, and that therefore we have a duty to assist them though we may have no idea what is happening.

I feel I should point out that I'm also not a UFO partisan. I don't buy the Steven Greer space brothers interpretation. But nor do I think that UFO phenomena are best understood as faerie lore come to life. I suspect that like everything else, UFO phenomena represent something more and different than we realize.

I am not a member of MUFON. I am also not an anti-Semite.

Yesterday, in response to my paper, Whitley Strieber left the following comment on his website:

Moltke is not meant as an anagram. It is a reference to a Nazi diplomat who worked in Poland in WWII, and is used by this man, in my opinion, because of sympathies for the Nazi movement. Understand that I know the actual identity of "Heinrich Moltke." We looked him up because of some of the disturbing comments he left on Unknowncountry in the 6 years he was there. After Jeremy had him blocked, he reappeared under another name for a while, but left on his own.

I believe that this person may suffer from paranoia, among other things. He has been under treatment for mental illness in the past as he admits on the internet under other of his aliases. I also believe him to be a virulent anti-Semite. If I am right, then these two things together--the anti-Semitism and the paranoia--explain the poor creature's obsession with the Key. I say "poor creature" because of other things I know about him.

Posted by Whitley on 08 Jun 2017 at 09:16

Despite the conviction we often hear expressed by Whitley Strieber that he "knows", nothing in the above comment is true other than that my subscription to unknowncountry.com was canceled after I left sarcastic comments on Jeremy Vaeni's show page. One of the comments, though it was directed at Vaeni, was re-interpreted as an attack on Anne Strieber. The leaving 'disturbing' comments, re-appearing under another name, and so on - all untrue.

It should also go without saying that I have not been "under treatment for mental illness". If I were (or ever had been) I wouldn't go bragging about it on the internet. I am also not an anti-Semite. I think the world would be far for the worse if we didn't have Heifetz or Menuhin, Einstein and Bohr. 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' is my favorite comedy show. (Little known fact: William Shatner is Jewish. How could anyone hate Captain Kirk?)

I would like to stress that the above accusations against me and from Strieber come simply in the context of my writing a paper that patiently, painstakingly, and fairly examines his work. It's notable that Strieber's first reaction to this study of his work is to call the author a mentally-ill anti-Semite.

One might conclude that Strieber does not want his fans or paying subscribers reading the paper. This is why in his latest Journal, he both fails to mention the paper directly, instead writing of "attacks", and confuses the issue completely by mixing in Jeff Rense's anti-semitic attacks on 'The Key' from almost twenty years ago, as well as the completely unrelated issue of a MUFON member who recently posted bigoted remarks on Facebook.

More important, though, in the same Journal is the bigger confusion that Strieber creates as he walks back his claims about the reality of the 'true encounter'. No, the issue is not that there is a book whose authorship "nobody can ever prove one way or the other, not even me". The issue is that Strieber has for years been talking about a Master of the Key who looked a certain way, talked a certain way. An event. He also said the text was a "transcription" that was "ninety percent accurate".

On that score, one can in fact prove that the conversation in "The Key" comes from Strieber. I did it. It took over 300 pages to do. No academically-trained person, especially in literature, can read the analysis done and not conclude that the content of "The Key" comes from Strieber. There is no reason to think any of it came from anybody else. Not only is it demonstrable, it is almost incredible how clearly this can be demonstrated.

Strieber in his Journal falls back on the pithy 'sin is the denial of the right to thrive' as proof the Master of the Key wasn't him. But this fits perfectly into Strieber's own unique brand of naturalism. Defining sin - one of Strieber's enduring preoccupations - in terms of life, its impact or cost on life is perfectly consistent with his work. Strieber also cites another point in his Journal - the speculation about the Holocaust and the loss of intelligent genes. Ironically, this is a point I'd accept as quite possibly true. I think probably a good portion of our intelligent numbers were killed off during the Holocaust. Is this something Strieber would never have thought of? For a man who is constantly talking about evolution, physics, populations, Nazis and the Holocaust, it seems like it would come easily.

I won't re-litigate the issues of the paper here. I will note that there is a kind of depressing irony reading Strieber writing in his Journal about conscience and facing "inner selves". Because what we see in Strieber in relation to his book "The Key" is a frantic, panicked denial and a willingness to try any argument to avoid having to face what is painfully obvious to everyone else. In just this one Journal, Strieber holds simultaneous positions (the 'true encounter' happened/maybe it didn't but the text still has "moral force") as he often does with the effect that if you criticize one, he can fall back and say he was advocating the other. He also invokes racism and anti-Semitism as a way of trying to avoid the plain conclusion that "The Key" is a product of his imagination.

People have been having anomalous experiences since the beginning. It's a sad fact that in our culture, these people don't get support when as result of them they suffer. But just because these experiences happen doesn't mean Whitley Strieber doesn't have a unique and pervasive problem with imagination and confabulation. If he had any intellectual self-respect, he would face the problem squarely instead of blaming "sinister forces", anti-Semitism, and so on. I think the emotional support system of his website, his fans, should help him.

Heinrich Moltke
www.strieberthekey.com

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Christ can do a lot of things you'd be surprised.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
For anyone interested in the topics discussed on this thread - Whitley Strieber being a fantasist, Jeremy Vaeni being a cuck, and more - the Mother dialogues are now online:

Link to Mother dialogues

See in particular this conversation about Strieber, Vaeni, and the soft religion at unknowncountry.com:

Jun 09 2017 Episode

These shows are available on iTunes and on YouTube as well.
edit on 2-12-2017 by Mother66 because: correction

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mother66

I listened to your show and tend to agree with much of it.

In the sidebar to your video was a Whitley presentation from 2016 that had 5k views. The statistic says a lot about how far his popularity and relevance has fallen. That isn't to say it's all about him either. The fall is reflected across the whole subject of ufology and its sub-groups like the experiencers and abductees.

There have been scores of 'the end is nigh' warnings for ufology over the years. It feels like the end to me lately with only a few oases left to gather around and talk.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join