It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Souls...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenmansmind
the more i see into these forums the more i want to recede.
the more i read into these words being tossed about..the more silent i want to become......

This is a thing that many of us have expereinced in this lifetime. This world is headed for a time of great darkness (some would say it has already begun). It is this time that we will find the most dissent, the most controversy, the most disbelief in what is right.

This is a time that souls such as yourself and I are needed. Whether we teach, fight, observe, or guide, our importance here is quite obvious. You have a gift for seeing that which eludes many. Your gift is very important here. It is those of our experience that will, knowingly or not, help to lead our fellow mortal souls through this time. We will not be heralded as gods. We will simply know what we have done, and that will be enough for us. Once we are able to rest after this lifetime, some will transcend, some will choose to return. But we will all know that we have helped, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

Do not doubt yourself. The darkness you see is that which will befall everyone. It is us that can help to guide others through it. We are becoming aware of the impending darkness. It draws near. Stay true to yourself, and be steadfast in your path.

Mod Edit: to remove big quote

[edit on 20-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have started a new thread for continuance of the tangent of this discussion that we seem to have gotten off to. Wishing not to obscure the original meaning of this thread, I saw it fit to begin a new one. All who have participated on this thread are welcome to join me on the new one. This new thread deals more with personal visions and how we react to them.

It can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-2-2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
if you take away time there will be no old or new souls just souls, in the hyper demensional super universe this is a very likely possibility

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ahh, now this is rather freaky. Last night I was having a talk with my mother about her recent awakening experiences in the abbeys and old castles of wales (our genetic bloodline originated there). She told me what several 'psychics' and other people that claim to be 'in tune with the world' have told me, that I am an old soul, from the days of the druidic priesthood.

Now, MY opinion of the 'old souls' is that it is US, the old souls, that have made the world into the cesspool that it is today. We ARE, and CONTROL the interdimensional reptilloids that control the people in power, and we are responsible for all the # that's been going on lately.

I believe that the 'shattering of the old world' (Bhavat-Ghita text, relating to Shiva, the goddess mentioned in the paraphrase "I am become death, destroyer of worlds"), will be the cessation of the global spiritual control by the old souls, and the 'coming of age' of alot of the 'new souls'.

My mother claims to believe that it is her responsibility as a 'young soul' to allow the old souls passage into their eternal resting place, and that she is taking over my previous spiritual role, which was to allow the passage from this 'physical' (I use this term lightly) plane of existence, into a higher plane of consciousness. A 'reaper', if you may.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
An "old soul" is an evolved soul or an individual with a "higher awareness" of the whole.The "veil" has been dropped.We are all the "same age" we are eternal.We have no begining or end in the scheme of things, we are refined.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Very fascinating thread.If I may, I can give people two ways to be sure of their soul's age.
The old saying 'you life is in your hand is indeed correct'
First of all, under a good light, look at you right palm and notice how many lines, crosses, triangles, etc you see there.Next, notice if you little finger is much shorrter than the rest of the fingers.
The most important step is to look at all 10 fingerprints and see how many make complete circles and how many break up from circular.
The more circular whorls you have, the older the soul you are.
Only known cases of 20 circle whorls denote a master, as buddha had all circular whorls on this toes and fingers.
This image shows a circular whorl so you can recognize it.

www.solisearch.net...

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Reincarnation is scientifically possible, as all things are made of energy and energy can not be destroyed, only transmuted, it stands to reason that the energy of the human spirit would have a natrual tendency to recycle back into a human body

That having been said.. it is my belief that all souls are of the same age, we are ALL old souls.. but some of us have been active longer, as there hasnt always been so many people living at one time.. and some of us have made better use of the time spent in the physical form, and have learned more from it.

i remember once when i was 3 or 4, walking through the town my mother had moved us to. it was the town next to our home town, but at that age i hadnt spent much time in this town without just passing through in the car.

So we are walking, and we pass the county courthouse.. and i stop dead.. looking up at the clocktower.. fixed on the face of the clock.. and she stopped and looked at me and i said "Ya know.. i use to work there" pointing to the building. she paused and replied "Oh yea.. " and i said "Yea.. when i was bigger".

It wasnt till years after that, that i learned that my great great grandfather had been one of the first county officals to work in that courthouse after it was built. (he was also the one that "Liberated" the county files from the old courthouse and burned it down, thereby insurng the move to the new one)

i have since spoken to many people who not only belive in reincarnation, but have had similar experiences and some time in study on the subject. and one of the things that they agree on, is that when a child is having a vision of a past life.. the term "when i was bigger" or something like it, is usually part of the childs revelation

So take that for what you will.. i am sure there will be lots of you that totally disbelive or dissagree with what i have said.. to you i say "Oh well" but to the rest of you.. i am sure you will hear the ring of truth in what i have said... it is the truth as best i know it

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarab
Today was such a different day. I saw more and everything was more vivid, for example my breath coming out of my nose and hitting the instant cold (sounds gross, but it looked new). And all i could think of is how absolutely everything is connected.....

God is a metaphor, in every religion, god is the force of creation.. the spark of life in the universe.. but we put a face and a personality to it to make it more knowable.. God made man in his spiritual image.. but we made him in our physical image, we are told to hold no god above the one true god, because to put a face on god (what ever god you worship) is to lose sight of the fact that the one true god, isnt a god.. but a metaphor for creation.. now your asking.. soo.. which religion is right?? which should i belong to?? to that i say.. "Does it matter?" pick the religion that is right for you.. or better yet.. skip religion and study philosohpy and metaphysics.. these are the study of the universe without the mythology and superstition that goes with a god.

I myself am a student of the Qabalah.. it is god without a face.. without alot of dogma, without predjudice against other faiths.. it is part science, part philosophy and part faith.. and though many will deny it.. Yeshua (Jesus) was a Qabalist

I suppose that deserves alittle explination.. Qabalah is the study or force, of form, of spirit and of applied energy, Judism, and by default christiandom are based on it, the bible is a book of qabalistic metaphor, especially the first 5 books, which make up the Torah, which is the main text of judism.

It is by the study of the Qabalistic "tree of life" (and yes that is the tree of life from the garden of eden), that Yeshua became enlightend and became the redeemer. i say redeemer rather then savior because Yeshua nether can, nor would save anyone.. but rather would help those who seek it to be able to save themselves, and it is by the study of his word, along with the torah and the Qabalah that we put the puzzle togther

Hope that helps, i know that i will incite alot of chaos with some of the things i have said.. but oh well.. "Ordo Ab Chao" as the masons would say.. that having been said.. i know that this is a far tangent for this thread.. so if you would like to continue this topic start a new thread and send me a message, i will follow you to the new thread and continue to offer my thoughts as best i can

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Becon of Light]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ok.. Wow, i guess someone liked what i had to say.. i just recieved my first official applause for my post on this thread.. so to whom ever was so kind, thank you.. i am glad that my words have touched you so

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I used to believe in the "old" soul "new" soul stuff; but then I got to thinking about it and realized that it makes no sense. We don't take our brains with us when we die so how can we retain information for the next life? Does our soul have thinking and memory capacity? Ummmmm, i'm just not so sure about that.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenlover28
I used to believe in the "old" soul "new" soul stuff; but then I got to thinking about it and realized that it makes no sense. We don't take our brains with us when we die so how can we retain information for the next life? Does our soul have thinking and memory capacity? Ummmmm, i'm just not so sure about that.

The stuff in our brains that makes us remember is energy, the stuff that makes us think.. is energy, and in the final equation our bodies are made up of one thing.. energy

that having been said.. it is completely possible that our souls think... i mean after all.. what is a body, or brain without a soul? our brains are nothing but a big ball of snot without a soul to power it.. so are you sure it is the brain that thinks? i think it is more likely that the soul is what thinks.. and the brain is just the operating system that the soul uses to control the body

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think one of the problems here is the use of the word soul. If you mean the body that you inhabit, in between reincarnations, then yes that body has thinking, and memory capacity. That soul inhabits the 6th dimension, and is made of matter, very much like this body but much less dense.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ummmmm; don't take this the wrong way, but i'm not so sure you know what you're talking about there.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ummmmm; don't take this the wrong way, but i'm not so sure you know what you're talking about there.

Could you expand in any way?

Does it have to do with the way it sounds, or because your experiences have led you to believe otherwise...

[edit on 18/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ever since i could speak, I have been trying to grok humans.
When I was about 3, I begged my Mom to please send me back to where they found me, as I was not their child..
As Dylan says 'people are sometimes not born into a place they should go'
Others have any of these dilemmas?

[edit on 10/17/2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

I think one of the problems here is the use of the word soul. If you mean the body that you inhabit, in between reincarnations, then yes that body has thinking, and memory capacity. That soul inhabits the 6th dimension, and is made of matter, very much like this body but much less dense.

Do you have proof of this?

Expand on what? You're kidding me right? So, let me get this straight. You all believe that after our soul leaves our body that we in fact still have thinking, feeling, sensory and communication abilities? You also believe that energy is merely what makes our brains function?????? Am I missing something here?

I agree that their is intelligent energy out there, but i'm not so sure i'm going to buy into our souls having all of these capabilities without the brain.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by zenlover28]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

Do you have proof of this?

Yes, but none that I can show through an internet discussion board.

Expand on what?

Expand on the reason you said I did not know what I was talking about.

You're kidding me right?

Incorrect

So, let me get this straight. You all believe that after our soul leaves our body that we in fact still have thinking, feeling, sensory and communication abilities?

Yes.

You also believe that energy is merely what makes our brains function??????

No, I never said that.

Am I missing something here?

Quite possibly...

I agree that their is intelligent energy out there, but i'm not so sure i'm going to buy into our souls having all of these capabilities without the brain.

Why do you think souls have no brain?

[edit on 18/10/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think that we posted at the same time and I should have quoted Becon of Light in that post. My apologies for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think that we posted at the same time and I should have quoted Becon of Light in that post. My apologies for the confusion.

Ah I see what happened now, no problem

But still, what has led you to believe that our soils are void of thinking/memory skills?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Research. It's not logical. Can you explain it for me and make it logical?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join