It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Souls...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I took that Aura test- very impressive, although i suppose it should be since all it really does is regurgitate your answers to you.
I ended up with a really high green score, compared to very low scores in virtually everything else except for blue and violet.

The more I think about it, the more fascinated I am with the concept of old souls.
There are other explanations- the life I've lived for the last 22 years provides pretty sound explanations for about 80-90% of my personality.

There are little oddities here and there though. There are some traits and abilities that just aren't accounted for.

By the time I was 5 I was picking up on sex jokes that adults thought would go over my head, even though I didn't have any notion of sex for another couple of years. I don't remember it myself, so I've suggested that maybe I was just pretending to get it- everyone in the family is adamant that I would laugh until there were tears rolling down my cheeks sometimes- they are very confident that I really got it.

When I was six, I was giving my mom's boyfriend dead-accurate relationship advice. About that same age I became almost completely un-parentable because I frequently was able to logically convince my parents that I was right (although of course they still laid down the law and only confided that fact in me years later).

I also had a very strange obsession with the idea of dying when I was young- not your typical, morbid, poke the dead bird with a stick kind of curiousity- I mean a deep facscination with the sudden love and respect that a person gains by dying- as well as a very strong sympathy for mourners. Nobody who I had ever met had died at that point.

So as odd as it is for a skeptic like myself to say, sometimes I really have to wonder if I was still holding on to something previous when I started this life.

One thing I have to add- I've noticed that virtually everyone was a general or a scholar, or a ruler, or something else important in a past life. Nobody ever coughs up the fact that they were a highschool janitor or a veternary proctologist or a dirt farmer in a past life.
I've really committed myself not to be that arrogant. I don't know if I really had past lives, and I don't really know if its possible to find out who you were. I understand however that if I had past lives, there is an overwhelming possibility that I was a reasonably well educated but completely unimportant nobody- I probably wrote fortune cookies for a living at some point.

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would like to suggest reading "Morning of the Magicians" it's an excellent book about "awakened" individuals... Old Souls, Indigo Children or what have you ...

Another thing we're all disregarding is the fact that we have exploded many nuclear bombs and other nuclear devices, oozes, gels, powders and crap have been created and have had a positive and negative effect on children born since then. Mutated babies.. lol, unfortunately I am a mutated baby being born with gastroschisis ... now my dad worked at a nuclear power plant for awhile in Ontario, Canada... funny coincidence..

Heres some info about gastroschisis and a study they did about it, where?
www.scienceblog.com...

In North Carolina..
www.ibiblio.org...

Its true, more mutations would most likely show up, but... most cases where the results are favorable no ones going to complain about being smarter, or running faster, or having better operating organs in general, just being a more "unique" specimen of the "human" race altogether...
so can we crack up all weird births to nuclear garbage... or is it drugs? ..
well it could very well be the drugs as well, because of the invention of the syringe, and disgusting bath-tub mixtures... but they did have opium, cannabis, khat, guarana, psilocybin mushrooms, peyote, coca... so they had all the bases for our drugs today, we simply ingest them differently .. or atleast we think we do... so I'm not sure who to blame our hippy parents (for the younger generations) or the governments who did nuclear "testing" ...

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I have no idea what the mechanism is that makes some people appear to be "old souls" and others to be "young souls" but there is a definite distinction there.

Old souls have an understanding and acceptance of the world around them that belies their nominal age. Young souls, conversely, view the world around them with wide-eyed innocence.

I'm an old enough soul to have that understanding of the world, but not quite old enough to have shaken off the last vestiges of indignation and cynicism.

I honestly don't know if it's some sort of cellular memory or an actual product of some process of "aging" among things that might be called "souls" or if it's just a sort of misleading way of looking at a range of personalities, but I still find it to be a handy and reasonably useful way to view different personalities, and a fascinating subject.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
this is my first post on ATS but have lurked for some time as a silent observer...

a large amount of what has been said here did seem strangely familiar when i first read it, but some things did not seem right, the council of thirteen, or as i know them as simply "the spirit council", have popped up in meditation before, but now they only number ten due to revenge for three of their number unleashing a war upon a snake like astral being by the name of "genisett".

i am 18 and spiritually awakened myself a few years ago, and have tried to teach myself everything spiritual through meditation and visualisation, and attempting to confirm what i see in visions on the interweb. perhaps i just construct my own fantasy world and history from my own and others imaginations, perhaps not, but that thought must exist at the back of your consciousness just in case.

i believe a large amount of past lives of mine have been very toltec/aztec/mayan, and a lot of them have always been violent and full of loss.

i believe that souls are not eternal in the sense that everyone was not there at the beginning but they were born/made along the way.
souls can be destroyed, shattered like dropping a mirror or glass and then scattering the pieces, but the pieces can be collected and fitted back together but with cracks and pieces missing. with time they may form back together.

for some reason spiritual people have sometimes described my aura as a black purply vortex which probably could not be a good sign.

my purpose of this post is to find these "old souls" to converse with them and to learn, slowly collecting the puzzle pieces of life...

p.s. obsidian468, your astral form sounds like a cherubim

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How I judge an old or new soul is kind of funny. My roomate for example is 10 years older than I. Yet, he is only into plotless, blowem up movies with fast cars and chicks. Whenever I sugget watching something like 'The Lives of Others' that was on last night he was like I don't want to watch that. And that goes categorically for him. He will never or can never watch any movie with substance to it. To me that defines a soul's age. Generally whenever I first meet someone I will ask what kind of movies they are into and that will tell me pretty much all I need to know about that person.

Another example of this is I watched Idiocracy with my roomate. I loved it and laughed the whole time. I thought it was rather poignant and good social commentary on how we are becoming dumber as a society. After the movie was over I asked him what he thought and he said he hated it. Hated every inch of it. I realized then the reason he hated it is because he is one of those people in the movie that only enjoys the most base things in life and would help initiate a de-evolution.

Heh. There's other ways I think to tell if a person is an old soul but this method works for me. Another way is gauging by what level of surprise someone reacts to a new situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hello everyone

I haven't yet read all posts, but I wanted to share my 2 cents about me with you.

On several occasions I have been told by a number of people (who I only met briefly) that I'm an old soul.

One person told me, my aura was dark blue which fits to my astrological sign's element water, which is also my Chinese element (... I think). I literally suck up energy from other people (no wonder I go crazy in crowded places).

Another person also said that there is much, much more to me than I let them know and that it's so much that even I can't access it due to a lockdown I have on it. The same person also can't psychically read me.

As others on here, I've never felt I was on the same wavelength as people my age. I'm in my mid-20's now but I feel much, much older. I have people in their 40's and 50's asking me for advice which, although not always solid, still manages to help them to see things more clearly.

I feel like I perceive the world much different than the next person. Everyday things and troubles are beneath me. Not in a condescending way, but more that I know I would only waste energy on them. I try to read between the lines and I have a much harder time to make people understand that. There are times when I just 'know' things where others would still not undertsand them even if told 100 times.

(I have those moments when my mind wanders off, where I have an epiphany and only for a fraction of a second I feel like I undertand everything about the universe - as if I opened the door to my buried knowledge - and before I know it, it's gone.)

I'm not religious (too much hypochricy and inconsistency) but I'm spiritual and every year, it gets harder to balance my spiritual mind and the material life I was born into.

But enough about me.

My theory to the 'old souls' vs. 'new souls' is following: The universe is knowledge, but knowledge can't understand itself, therefore it sends out souls into physical bodies to get an understanding of it. Unfortunately, in a body, a sould gains a conscience and it drifts off from the original "plan". Only a handful will remember the old plan and add the gained knowledge and understanding of it to their backpack. But a human lifetime isn't enough to completely fill the backpack and it has to be sent back into a body and collect more knoledge and understanding.

This also connects with my theory of ghosts. They are souls who have lost their way back to the universe and are stuck in a plane between ours and the universe. Some of those souls have even chosen to stick around for whatever reason, maybe because their conscience has unfinished business or because it's scarred from its body's death.

What we know of reincarnations is basically what is left of the imprint(s) of a souls last lifetime(s). Some people can access that imprint while others just can't or unconsciencly don't want to (imagine what Hilter's soul is going through...).

Now the difference between an old soul and a new soul is simple; old souls have collected and remembered knowledge, while a new soul never wanted to, or it "just forgot".

I hope I'm making sense here. I've never written down my theories but this is basically my understanding of the things "between the lines" that we as a people tend to overlook, in order to grow and to become complete (or enlightened even).

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blue dome

the blue sucky aura, sounds a bit like my "purply black aural vortex thingy" i have, but for some reason i don't absorb the energy, i suck it in but it doesnt make me hyperactive, it just disappears into me and unnerves most wiccans.

try looking up psychic/pranic vampirism, i looked into it, but it didnt really feel like what i was, still no clue for that matter, but the whole sucking up energy and feeling hyperactive sounds familiar to psychic vampirism.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would like to contribute to this thread and adding my thoughts to this issue.
For me, old soul or young soul is not relevant.
All souls are been created at the same time, what is different from one soul to another is the number of time of reincarnation in planet hearth.
This make much more sense then saying that some are older and some are younger like saying some are better then other. Don’t forget that if you believe on this kind of stuff then please acknowledge that in the scale of high demission where the soul reside there are no notion of more or less but an over whelming notion and understanding of universality.

kacou

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sheyrshad

I don't think that I'm a psychic vampire since I have enough energy of my own. It's the extra energy I suck up from other people that makes me jittery.

But I'll look more into the vampirism anyway.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blue dome

i had thought not, i had looked into it myself a few years ago when i first spiritually awoke, in fact the whole aural vortex thing was what made me look into it, when someone first pointed my aura out to me and mentioned the V-word; but, alike you, i didn't have a deficiency.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by greenmansmind

i think your words reflect what a lot of us feel and are experiencing.

cheers,
chutso

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh man, I don't even know where to begin. I've read so many theories/thoughts/philosophies and I think after a few years of digesting all the info I've come to think that all souls are energy...and energy never dies...and some soul's have made a contract to do ________(fill in the blank) in any particular lifetime. Ah...so I guess karma and reincarnation come into play too. Then ya got different stages of soul developement and/or desires the soul carries with it until it has manifested that particular situation. Ok, think of it this way...there's a 4 year old prodigy...where DOES that come from? I feel the soul has this quest...so let's use the soul that MUST play the piano...and from lifetime to lifetime that soul gets more and more of what it yearns for, fame, recognition, wealth through piano playing....learns the lessons, clears the crud that held them back in the previous lifetime...so the next go round the soul chooses the environment to fulfill or continue on the piano path...and sometimes the desire is SO strong, all consuming that it manifets in a 4 year old that tickles the ivories better than Mozart. That soul chose the environment to fulfill that desire like supportive parents, a house filled with music, etc...

Here's an interesting interview with an astrologer on the soul's quest:
sunny1015.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think one of my sons is a new spirit...
this is what my "imaginary friends" told me about this...

each creation has only a set amount of time on this planet...then it is evolved out into another demension...level, whatever.
at the end of that time, new souls are introduced into the creation, to give them time to adjust to the physical state. these souls sometimes seem rather lost, are a bit impulsive, and really do struggle in our world. but they will be the first of the new creation to adjust, they will be the leaders and the teachers of the new creation...the ones to discover fire, the one's to get the idea that they can domesticate animals, ect. they might be autistic, or have other like problems.

once the current creation is evolved, a few will be selected to stay behind, along with these new souls to lay the foundation for the next creation. they will be what we call old souls. for our creation, the old souls are those who were here living in atlantis and lumeria.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

hi dawnstar,
been seeing you here and there on different threads lately.

are you saying that some of the old souls (atlantians and lemurians) and new souls are going to start a new creation together? are you referring to the generation of the Indigo and crystal kids who are often challenged by ADHD, autism and the like? I've been seeing tons of those kids being developed in recent years. Seems like quite a challenge for the parents, to say the least. Does your child have unusual challenges? What are they and how do you cope?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

purply black aural vortex thingy

curious about this. can you explain in more detail?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

i dont really know that much about it myself, i was first asked about it when i was twelve/thirteen by a woman, who looked a lot like one of those scatterbrained women who kept a lot of cats
, i dismissed it as one of those mad people you get in society, when i was 15, i was asked again, by a new-age teacher, which of course made me think, as two separate events described it the same, that and it really unnerves wiccans.

it's usually described as a black/dark purple aura that sort of spins slowly like a whirlpool or the films you see of the storms on jupiter and saturn.

i have become quite the spiritual person since i was fifteen, drifting between different practices/beliefs and keeping the elements which i felt i needed. now i live an amalganation of the collected beliefs, mainly toltec/aztec/mayan with a bit of wiccan and other bits.

my aura does seem to draw qi/chi/prana from people but i don't get hyper like psychic feeding usually gets, it gets drawn into me, but it isnt recieved by my body. i think it is like a capacitator, and with all of this 2012 stuff it makes me wonder, now i just await an epiphany.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

That certainly sounds interesting - it is cool that you are weaving your own spirituality together. I think every religion and belief system has something to teach.

About the blackish purply vortex thing - maybe some entity or another of your carnations is using a psychic device to funnel energy through you? have you looked into mayan/aztec magic? if you have some affiliation through other carnations, the answer may be there. you could have been a priest affiliated with the entities who channeled through them during rituals. Just a thought.

Have you thought of questioning Sleeper? He sometimes knows these things, even though the response is often masked in cryptic humour.

Curiously (on another note) - do you know why an aura might not have color?

[edit on 26/11/07 by chutso_ha]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

no, i'm definitely sure its going into me. i do associate with a few of the old gods, notably quetzalcoatl, the mesoamerican serpent god of knowledge, rebirth and oddly enough chocolate
(which explains my sweet tooth.)

when you say no colour, do you mean transparent/translucent? you have intrigued me on this now.

also, i quickly tried looking for obsidian468 to not much avail, just dead sites so far, try googling the name to see what or who comes up. he would be a great source of knowledge, he has so far.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i found an email address that might be his, i'll u2u it to you

edit, realised i cant use u2u yet due to lack of posts, damn!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by sheyrshad]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

don't think so....the old souls of the "new creation" will be some of those from this creation. the lumerians and atlantians might still be around, but then who knows, maybe not.

as far as who will actually do the creating, well, that would be THE CREATOR, he might chose some to use as tools, but without HIM, the creation would not last too long.

as far as my son goes, he's now an adult. he was known to have siezures when he was a child, was labeled learning disabled, and well, with emotional problems too. He was quite a challenge when he was small, once got mad at me while I was driving down the highway at 50mph, opened the door with the intention of getting out....ya, he was quite a challenge.
but, well, he seems to be doing pretty good now, has a job he likes, gets paid more than me, and well, seems to be lasting for him.

he also had a way of saying some really, really strange things, I have no idea where he came up with them, or why he said them, but well...kind of freaked me out every now and then.
I don't know if these children would be the indigo or the crystal children, susposedly my son had an indigo, and well....he isn't nothing like my son was.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by dawnstar]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join