It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Souls...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
as far as I see it we are not talking about egos here....if we were i think we would be using the little i..this is all about the larger I...THE HIGHER SELF..
my life is not about my ego...i am actually very selfless...nothing greedy about the way I live my life....i loses itself with I..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ANIMALS do know an old soul
animals speak to some of us...
i recieve messeges from animals often...
at first i thought it was a joke...then i did some research...my power animal appeared soon there after at a critical time and i ignored the messege...minutes after i ignored the messege...some bad news came to my x girlfriend,who i was supposed to share with and did not,because little i got in the way of larger I...at that momment i learned that the language of animals is as real as as real can get..i have been aware of these messeges ever since and even some people that have no clue..have mentioned stories to me about animals and what they got out of it..so there with in..there are allways clues..
when the animals speak will we listen

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
dnero6911:

There is nothing egocentric about anything I, or anyone else here, has posted. When we refer to the "I", it's a reference to the higher self or personal experience. So far, everything posted in this thread has been for the benefit of others. I have yet to see anyone in this thread post something along the lines of "I'm better than the rest of you because..."

There are those of us who have expereinced more in the spiritual realm than others. This is no different than someone having experienced more in mundane life than another. Not all of us have climbed Mt. Everest or jumped out of an airplane, but some of us have. It doesn't make any one of us better or more egotistical. It simply adds to ones own personal experience, and may contain knowledge that one wants to pass along to others.

Nobody in this thread is being egotistical. We are simply conveying knowledge from personal experience in hopes of helping others.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm better than the rest of you because...

....I have genuine paranormal abilities, and I have a lovely Alien teacher who is sharpening my mind.

I guess, I was clear... and not egocentral.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
all souls are pretty much the same age.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

[edit on 13-2-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu
The researching really makes me sick... when you attempt to know something, you try to "back it up", and you actually believe all that bull, some coartists write to increase their ego. Well this is the biggest mistake a person can do. At the moment you take a research on what you see with your own eyes, you will believe the art of liars, and you attempt to believe that your eyes were lieing to you.

When I speak of research, I don't necessarily mean reaearch in books or on the internet. I speak of research within the soul... from guides, totems, and the such. I speak of research from someone else who has experienced what you have questions about.

Published text, be it in a book or on a website, often contains half-truths and lies. In the course of spiritual research, you must find who you trust, and learn from them.

Those people who need assistance to realize things, are the majority of people. They have no place in extraordinary events, they should live their simple life undisturbed.

If a person is not ready for his own performance he is willing to carry out, he should leave that behind and stay whatever he was before. In order to do something great, a person must challenge the difficulties of life alone, without seeking help. However, some people win, some loose and crumble. Not the matter of luck, it's a matter of courage and faith.

During one's awakening, one often needs help to realize who they are, what they are, and what they can do. It's part of the learning process. This should never exclude them from experiencing what they can.

Before one's awakening, that person is never ready for what is to come. The awakening is the process by which one becomes aware of who they are and what they can do.

I, myself, was never prepared for what would happen to me. If you asked me at age 15 if I knew who I was, I would have given you a completely different answer than I would have after my awakening at age 16. Now that I am almost 30 years old, and quite aware of what I am, who I am, and what I'm capable of, I ask you.... should I have never explored the realms that eventually brought me to my awakening, and later to the knowledge I know now? At age 15, I was not ready for what I was to become (or rather, realize what I already was). However, I felt a course of action necessary, and delved into it. A year later, I awakened. A week after my awakening, I still doubt my readiness, as I was looking to have myself committed. However, now, almost 14 years after my awakening, the course I am on is a course I doubt I could live without. Just because one is not ready, does not mean they should not pursue a course. In a spiritual sense, you will never learn or comprehend what you are not ready for, but when you are ready, expect to glean great knowledge from it.

We all need help during our spiritual path. Without help, none of us would ever grow. If we do not grow, we don't learn, and if we don't learn, we can never realize our potential. It is all a matter of faith and courage. But help aids in bringing that about. It is the faith and courage that enables us to progress, but without help, it is all fruitless.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm better than the rest of you because...

....I have genuine paranormal abilities, and I have a lovely Alien teacher who is sharpening my mind.

I guess, I was clear... and not egocentral.

*sigh* There's always one.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
We all need help during our spiritual path. Without help, none of us would ever grow. If we do not grow, we don't learn, and if we don't learn, we can never realize our potential. It is all a matter of faith and courage. But help aids in bringing that about. It is the faith and courage that enables us to progress, but without help, it is all fruitless.

And when the help is coming, we usually reject it claiming that it has hostile content... am I right? Well, it is what I see constantly.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Like when you understand but dont really know why. I have read every single post line for line, and at the beginning I thought it sounded pretty interesting as a viewer to this dicussion. But the more I read on, I felt a weird sence of knowing what you mean (especially greenmansmind). I have been pretty good for understanding riddles and feeling expressions.

Guessing by what i have read and my own personal feeling, I am probably a newer soul. I have never really looked at a souls age and re-incarnation is something too hard for me too grasp still.

I do however feel like i want to know more and find a way to remember my lives and its experiences. I have been told i am quite analytical, and thats something i am used to doing, just sit back, analize, observe, and feel.

I Know I have a journey, but im afraid to begin the walk. I am 24 and walk the same line everyone else does in fear of being cast out. but I want to know, I want learn, and most importantly I want to know who I am.

I have tried meditation, and i was not able to even go a minute without a thought in my head. I have so much clutter in there, and I want to just breath and think clear.

I feel souls presence and as quickly as i feel like im joined by the forces of nature, Im alone again. My husband has helped me understand a lot about life and he has helped me open my minds eye.

Where do i begin( or have I already begun?)? Do any of you have any particular fears?(anything in general) How do you sense?( mine is with feeling)
Thank you, you have already helped be with the information I have taken from your posts. Your reply would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And when the help is coming, we usually reject it claiming that it has hostile content... am I right? Well, it is what I see constantly.

There are those that do reject it. In fact, most of the human race rejects it. That is not an arguable fact. You are correct in this. I amalso correct in saying that those that reject are simply not ready to learn. There's no offense meant by that remark, just a statement of truth. It doesn't make any person better or worse than any other.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Scarab:

With time (not even necessarily in this lifetime), you will be able to step outside of the consious mind. Outside of the bounds of mortality. Much exists, and you are but starting your path (and yes, you have started it... if you are realizing the thoughts you have stated, then you are starting your path). Do not seek too much too soon, but at the same time, don't fall behind your potential because you fail to believe in yourself. Young soul or old soul, it matters not. You must believe in the truth as you see it to be. You first reaction is often the right reaction... trust your mind, trust your soul. I know that before you have awakened fully, or even learned the experiences, the concept of the infinite can boggle the mind. It's perfectly natural. If you don't feel comfortable contemplating it, then don't. As I've said before, if you can comprehend it, then you're ready to learn it. If you can't comprehend it, then pass on it... you'll understand later. You're simply not ready for that which seems incomprehensible to you. As you take your first steps, realize that we all take those steps. You're not the first one, and you certainly won't be the last one. Take comfort in the fact that there are those who have passed before you, and know that you can look to them for guidance.

Over the course of your lifetimes, you will come to learn much, and each lifetime, you'll remember.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
sry but...

old and new souls???

is this proven???

is this reincarnation???

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thank you, that gave me exactly what I was looking for.

It doesn't help me that I'm so impatient

I'm going to start learning to meditate one of these days. That will be my first hurdle, maybe then I will get to know myself a little bit better.
Cheers.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Scarab,keep throwing your questions into the universe,this does not need to be done thru your voice..thou vocal cords do come in handy thou once again not thru words.
when the time is right...like obsidian said..when you are able to comprehend...then the answers will be there and more than likely when you are not consciously looking.

just observe...there is alot of power in observation and also power of silence...with the meditation..keep at it..thats normal that you will have lots of thoughts swimming around..just be aware that you are thinking..eventually when you learned breathing technique and found the posture and your body and mind stop playing polotics,you will be on your way....try focusing on a candles flame..eventually close your eyes..if you see the flame focus on it..

everything is right there before us...we just need to comprehend it..

i dont know if i have been much help here..possibly i said to much maybe to little..
perhaps some one could interpet what i have said or edit if needed..
in a way i feel i know nothingand to contradict myself..i feel i know everything...huh!
"where ever you go there you are"

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm usually the one to write things like this off as unprovable, which actually I suppose it is, but I have percieved it. I know several people, myself included, who seem to be exceptionally familiar with the world. We can see how things are going to develop before others are sure, to the point that both my father and I have had people try to convince us that we were psychics. We learn things exceptionally fast too, as if we were just relearning something we had already understood. I only need a once-over of most subjects to have a fairly strong command of them, it doesn't apply universally. Language, history, almost any game, sciences, math- all come to me quickly. But then I went through something like 3 incorrect understandings of how a car's engine worked before I really got ahold of that concept.

Now here's the question to consider; just because you have have very old knowledge, does that make it yours? Or have you gained the experiences of your ancestors through information encoded in DNA?
You can remove any part of a rat's brain that you wish, but it will not forget things that it has learned. So where exactly is everything stored? And why is it that people who recieve donated organs sometimes experience changes in personality?

Last but not least, it interests me that the number of chromosomes a creature has is not an indication of its complexity. Much smaller and shorter-lived creatures sometimes have many more. Could this be because they have been through many more generations and have stored much more information?
There's really a lot to think about there, at least for me.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
just my inexperienced thought
i feel that it is not in are dna..well maybe a little..i feel thru all the times our ancestors have been thru that they have programmed over it..so it could be there in a small way..
as for is it ours..it has allways been ...i think(therefore i am),thou i feel there has/is to much outer stimulation going on for us to really grasp it..all.

i think if we were to be able to go back 6000 yrs ago..life was simpler..did not have a walmarts at every corner etc..needed to find food..survive..this comes natural...i also believe that everything comes naturally if you allow it to..
as if there was a great hall of knowledge silently speaking to all that can listen and hear and who want to see..

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scarab
I have tried meditation, and i was not able to even go a minute without a thought in my head. I have so much clutter in there, and I want to just breath and think clear.

Hey!

Don't feel as if not being able to go for am inute without having a thought in your head is unusual! I have meditated on and off for ten years now, and I am also incapable of holding an empty mind for that long!

More important than trying to not have any thoughts is to simply let your thoughts follow their own course without actively guiding them...
For instance, if you suddenly think of the sweatshirt you left at work, don't then pursue this thought by thinking about whether you might need it tonight, or how it will be waiting for you in the morning... just let the thought come and go without adding to it.

Enjoy!

U.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hey guys....

I wanna make one thing clear, I never said I was better than anybody else or that I am god hehehehe, I don't wanna act like i know everything and you don't so your are bs....

I just have visions, I am telepatic, lucid dreams and receive telepatic messages, I never asked for that! It's not that easy for me to actually have that! All my life is like plenty of messages and syncronicities...what can I do????? Some will say I'm just crazy or I use drugs....that is not the case! But I AM NOT saying I'm better for that! I feel alone and just wanna share!
For me, it does not have something to do with ancient lives, it has something to do with this life.

As for Vertu, sorry for you to have this implant of the aliens, maybe that what cause you to be less spiritual....who knows?

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scarab

Where do i begin( or have I already begun?)? Do any of you have any particular fears?(anything in general) How do you sense?( mine is with feeling)
Thank you, you have already helped be with the information I have taken from your posts. Your reply would be appreciated.

MY FEELINGS never lies....never ever! That is what is so strong about me. I follow my feelings, when I fear...mean I have to fear....Continue, you have the power to developp your spiritual habilities....everybody can, it just takes a lot of work! Meditation is the key....meditate everyday so you won't loose the beat, then inform yourself on chakras and spiritual tools to connect with your higer self, that is important, then you can have like a conversation with your higher self! good luck, if you have any question, I am here

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
hello souls. i swear its so cool to see all these ancients arould and all just discussing stuff... it helps me to read and learn from others. and obsidian, u dont have to be my teacher, im just looking around, but ill take any advice u can give. along with the rest of you, but i cant remember all the names on this post. i did see someone left me a tally of books to look up, and i have to add it to my collection. i plan to create a growing library of books that influence me and maybe they will fall under the hands of someone else who needs it wonce i finish.
but im just a little caught up in my emotions, so i apoligize if i offended u about trying to leave this world so suddenly. i guess if i had to evaluate why im here in this lifetime its to experience like emotions or something to that effect. but with the onslught of my emotions... i think id have to live here for a while. im still trying to figure out stuff, like who my guide is. cause trust me, they have some work to do with me. i have potential, but i flop way too much. could be the cusp influence, for i just flop from one way to the next, and it sometimes even hard for me to have like a split personally but ur still the same person... i dont know how to explain it. like, i have two notions on the same question, i can see it played for both scenarios if you will. so at times i can behave with evil, and with goodness. i flop alot and it makes life a little more intesesting that way.
but yes, please i love this thread. ive read up on alot more, but this one has been by far the most interesting. and for all who have posted, if theres something you want to say or give help with then please feel free to tell me. he-ll ill even take critism too. im just a little anxious and stuff, like its taking a long time and i have not much patience in my life at the moment. but yeah, i will read more on this post and stuff before i leave the computer. its been nice reading all of this. and if u are leaving obsidian may i tell u to remember the love and beauty on this planet? if i had to say i would bet this is the best quality on this planet, the love and strength one sees in life and the beauty of nature... all that that those take for granted. aaaaaahhhh, the joy of life and love. (do i sound like im in love? i just wonder...)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join