It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oh why do some have you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Don't be so easily irritated snowflake.

A great example of one of our major USA contributers that has limited vocabulary.

Thank you for your suggestion

Warmest

Lags

Seriously, you are swinging at shadows. Log off, go outside, try to calm down.

If YOU say so...

Warmest

Lags

Trying to save you from looking like a child having a temper tantrum.
Have fun though,

Warmest

J.

This is one of the comments I was expecting back.

Thanks pal, all is good reading your style of remark.

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes, you have an opinion.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, you have an opinion.
Thank you for realising so.

Just because we want to write in the rant forum or express ones opinion does not mean that one is a snowflake (another typically new fashionable USA irritating expression by the way!) as you wrote previously.

Thanks for your feedback

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Quick way to kill a political thread here. Insertion of rationality= dead thread

What forum is this in again?

RANT.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

I think he was agreeing with you, in that as soon as you debate with logic, there goes the neighbourhood..

At least that is how I took it..

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I invite you to re-read your own title, just to show your state of mind.

See what I mean?

Just take good advice, and relax.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's not unrespectful (or disrespectful), because the owner saw fit to include many political forums in which these threads can be placed, and they choose not to delete the posts (although they do close many that are repetitive).

So, no, there's no disrespect at all--if anything, they haven't kept up their description of the site to mirror what they've chosen to allow it to become, but in any event, we have a great owner and plenty of mods that do a great job keeping inappropriate threads off of this site. Just because the U.S. political ones ignore you doesn't mean that their existence is disrespectful to the site.

In the interest of full disclosure, I amended my post to which you responded to include:

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
ETA: You may not like my last comment about ignoring the threads, but the reality is that it is what you need to do. You said it yourself, this is an international forum where members can basically start threads about anything that is not against the T&C of this site, so it seems to me that if you're so annoyed with threads concerning U.S. politics, maybe you should discuss with the owner about banning U.S. political discussions, although I doubt that he'd be up for that.

You're fighting a losing battle, here, so the best option is to just learn to bypass the threads, get annoyed if you want, and then just move on with life and click things that interest you. But like I said, U.S. politics directly affect many of us who use this site, so whether or not you want to see threads about it really is irrelevant to such an open site. That's not meant to be an attack, it's just the truth.

Best regards.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Quick way to kill a political thread here. Insertion of rationality= dead thread

RANT.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

I think he was agreeing with you, in that as soon as you debate with logic, there goes the neighbourhood..

Thanks Bad.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

It's not unrespectful (or disrespectful), because the owner saw fit to include many political forums in which these threads can be placed, and they choose not to delete the posts (although they do close many that are repetitive).

So, no, there's no disrespect at all--if anything, they haven't kept up their description of the site to mirror what they've chosen to allow it to become, but in any event, we have a great owner and plenty of mods that do a great job keeping inappropriate threads off of this site. Just because the U.S. political ones ignore you doesn't mean that their existence is disrespectful to the site.

In the interest of full disclosure, I amended my post to which you responded to include:

ETA: You may not like my last comment about ignoring the threads, but the reality is that it is what you need to do. You said it yourself, this is an international forum where members can basically start threads about anything that is not against the T&C of this site, so it seems to me that if you're so annoyed with threads concerning U.S. politics, maybe you should discuss with the owner about banning U.S. political discussions, although I doubt that he'd be up for that.

You're fighting a losing battle, here, so the best option is to just learn to bypass the threads, get annoyed if you want, and then just move on with life and click things that interest you. But like I said, U.S. politics directly affect many of us who use this site, so whether or not you want to see threads about it really is irrelevant to such an open site. That's not meant to be an attack, it's just the truth.

Best regards.

Thanks Slap.

Discussing with the owner however will bring nothing as the site owners hardly take into consideration our requests any more.

ATS is a business now.

Warmest

Lags

link   
I didn't mean it in a nasty way.
I would just save myself the trouble and steer away from what I don't like.
I hope you see the change that you are looking for. I really do.
Have a great day!

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol, I always click a peek though even if I don't get involved. Sometimes it is hilarious imagining the members frothing at the mouth while rocking in their chair with crazed eyes.
The right/left thing in the US is crazy to me as an outsider.

It's crazy to those of us in the U.S. who are neither right or left, either. But don't let online forums and things like Facebook comments fool you, most people in the U.S. are not the frothy, mouth-foaming type, but just average people living their lives the best that they can for themselves and their families and friends.

But I know quite a few mouth-foamy types, and they are tedious to try and discuss things with in a logical manner. Discussion that lack logic get me a little frothy.

That sounded dirtier than it should have.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

RANT.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

I was ambiguous on purpose. I'm not sure everyone shares her opinion. I think there are people who love the political threads when liberals are getting flamed. But not so much when real points are being scored against Trump and the Retardicans.

I agree with her sentiments though. I think 3 or 4 days ago there were like 10 threads in row all political spewing out stuff I did not agree with. I was having the same feeling she is having now.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Quick way to kill a political thread here. Insertion of rationality= dead thread. You can hear crickets.

False. You are guaranteed to get at least two or three feeble attempts at shutting down your facts and logic with political talking points and rhetoric; if and when that doesn't work, they will then move on to attacking the presentation of your facts and logic rather than the facts and logic itself, and attempt to turn the entire discussion in to something completely irrelevant.

If and when that doesn't work, out come the personal attacks and insults and then finally they just stop engaging entirely, but only with the presenter of facts. They continue to engage with the echo chamber and anybody else regurgitating the same talking points.

I've rarely seen a thread going full-tilt rhetoric-filled nonsensical spewing get shut down with one comment. Almost never, probably.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

See what I mean?

State of mind is fine Jeff, this is in the RANT forum, what are you insinuating? does anyone posting in the rant forum have a ??? state of mind because you say so?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 16-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Word added

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

RANT.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

I was ambiguous on purpose. I'm not sure everyone shares her opinion. I think there are people who love the political threads when liberals are getting flamed. But not so much when real points are being scored against Trump and the Retardicans.

I agree with her sentiments though. I think 3 or 4 days ago there were like 10 threads in row all political spewing out stuff I did not agree with. I was having the same feeling she is having now.

I'm a "HIM" by the way

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here's the thing: people here tend to start threads on subjects they know will get a lot of traffic. No one wants to start a thread on something that gets zero responses. Right now, lots of people are responding to the political threads. People who write threads see this, so they will start another political thread because they know they will get lots of responses.

So rather than trying to appeal to people not to start threads on political issues, you should be appealing to people not to post any comments in those threads. Then the threads will magically go away. Good luck with that though.

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, I always click a peek though even if I don't get involved. Sometimes it is hilarious imagining the members frothing at the mouth while rocking in their chair with crazed eyes.
The right/left thing in the US is crazy to me as an outsider.

It's crazy to those of us in the U.S. who are neither right or left, either.

I hear so many people say they are neutral, independent, and neither right or left. There is no such position. Not voting or being apathetic favors the conservatives and Republicans by keeping the status quo. There are really two parties in this country. People who want to change the status quo and people who do not.

All the political theater and rancor controlling which issues are talked about and which issues are ignored is all designed so nothing will ever change. Every year the rich get richer and the middle class get driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages. Being "neither right or left" as you say means you support the right by doing nothing.

edit on 16-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   
True, it is a business now, and there's really nothing wrong with that (to a point, which I don't think that they've crossed yet). But like with any business that I frequent, they have things that I like, and things that I can't stand. I ignore the things that I don't like and only focus on the things that I do...and on the rare occasion, I check out new things that look interesting.

If you want to frequent this business, you must learn to ignore those things that you don't like, otherwise you'll go crazy.

I wish you the best in finding that ocular filter one day--I'm still looking for mine.

link   

See what I mean?

State of mind is fine Jeff, this is in the RANT forum, what are you insinuating? does anyone posting in the rant forum have a ??? state of mind because you say so?

Warmest

Lags

Oh boy. Re-read your title, re-read my post. Just stop.
I'll help,

Why oh why do some HAVE you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

Unhinged, right?

Or do you still not see it?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
While I want to respond and discuss your claims, the OP is about his hatred of U.S. political discussions, so I'm not going to derail the thread any further by discussing U.S. politics.

edit on 16-5-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"have you have" ? haha tard

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join