It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oh why do some have you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My blood is not boiling, I'm just having a rant... It happens to us all from time to time.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As a general thought of the OP I've noticed debate generally has deteriorated online, devolving further towards a facebookesque style.

Ad hominem attacks and emotional outbursts instead of focusing the debate on the topic and posted words.
I almost grieve for the next generation.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Why oh why do some have you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

"the Russians hacked the election"

if you keep saying it, people start to believe it

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Any lie repeated often enough gets accepted eventually.

Like the idea that rich, entitled little pigs ought to run a nation of GENUINELY hard working, and none the less financially devastated people.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I'm of the mind that most politicians are less than honest generally, but in an environment where it is effectively a two party choice the problem seems magnified.

Both sides passionately believe their own vastly opposing viewpoints so middle ground discussion is challenging for many people.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Lol, I always click a peek though even if I don't get involved. Sometimes it is hilarious imagining the members frothing at the mouth while rocking in their chair with crazed eyes. The right/left thing in the US is crazy to me as an outsider.

I like to take the human element out of it all together and pretend that they are bots, from some content generating program on a server somewhere in.... I don't know... lest say Russia, designed to preserve division and pervert any meaningful conversations that might lead to learning.

AI used to as agents of disinformation
Ha now how about that for a conspiracy.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Observationalist because: Added conspiracy idea - just making #it up

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Nothing would surprise me anymore.
For the record I'm a real person...or am I?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I suggest that you refrain from clicking on political posts and post new threads that are not political in nature.

That will be a start.

oOOOOOO that was another type of response that I forgot to mention in my opening post Butcher... Thank you.

And you have just proved me right in a way if you read the totality of my opening post concerning how people say "be the change"

I don't click on them as they are full of the same usual stuff but it is annoying when logging on here and seeing that straight away.

I log on on " different comps and 1 phone so not always the same page.

Warmest

Lags

So what you´re saying is you want to ditctate what people talk about, cause it annoys you? Well be the change you want to see and talk about something else. If you dig dictatorships and censur, then move to North Korea....

I dont want to read about that stuff either, so i dont, very simple, rigth?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No not at all.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A gift for when you get annoyed.

Or this one. . .

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks DB 👍

Warmest

Lags
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've come to see a small group of people who in all actuality does not care for the topics they are writing. They write them because it's topics you like.

It's all about the stars and flags. The more they get off their stories the more money they make. The same concept that YouTube has. Like a share because the more they get the more money they make.

Their was an ATS dude. Not sure his name. Nor do I care. The topic can't remember either but him and another one were confrontation about how many stars one had over the other. Nothing about the topic at all just about the stars.

Let's say I'm one of these people and I see a story that's making good popularity. I may or may not repeat that story so then I could get those stars and flags too.

I've come to realize that those that need to defend who they are in the beginning of their thread are those that have no care in the subject at all. They just want the S&F = $$$

That's what I believe.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You took it correctly

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

AND PURLEEEEEZZZZ... Do NOT use that same old expression "BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT" again... THAT is so easy to say.

So when a meaningful, albeit obvious, answer is 'easy to say', implying difficult to do, it should be kept from you?
Only easy things for the old ego?
Keep a safe distance with the old mirror? *__-

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

It's all about the stars and flags. The more they get off their stories the more money they make.

You sure about that .

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

AND PURLEEEEEZZZZ... Do NOT use that same old expression "BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT" again... THAT is so easy to say.

So when a meaningful, albeit obvious, answer is 'easy to say', implying difficult to do, it should be kept from you?
Only easy things for the old ego?
Keep a safe distance with the old mirror? *__-

No but it would be nice to see ATS become what it used to be instead of a site used by partisans with a political agenda!

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Why do people whine and cry about something they can avoid by not clicking,how annoying not everyone has the same point of view,and from sounds of it not many follow yours

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Why do people find rants annoying which they can easily avoid by not clicking?
Touche

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Why do people find rants annoying which they can easily avoid by not clicking?
Touche

Right on Grain

Enjoy

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm with most of the rants here. ATS is becoming just another half asked opinion site.

What I find most surprising is the way so many posters have thrown away any pretence at critical or sceptical thinking. Occam's Razor has been replaced by kneejerk dittoheading or increasingly tenuous webs of inference upon inference upon inference.

There's also a great laziness. Posters prefer to cite shonky websites that tell them what they want to hear than accept what people with direct experience are telling them.

It's a great place to play logical fallacy bingo, with meaningless cliches like "cultural Marxism" or daft ideas spun from a dictionary definition of a subtle concept thrown in for bonus points.

Too many posters can't tell an anecdote from data. They'll take, for example, an idea in an undergraduate essay and spin it into the decline of Western civilisation, reacting with rising fury to each other's commentary instead of dismantling the original, ineffectual concept.

There's also a tendency to spin one's own experiences into a statement about the whole world. Great if you're a kid but shameful if you're an adult connected to the internet, where other ideas and ways of seeing are easily accessed.

Free thinking has been replaced by rigid oppositional thinking, often in the same language that tabloids and TPTB use to tell people what they want to hear.

It's not stupidity. The worst offenders have a deep emotional investment in their position and will argue their point until their keyboards melt. Again, doing the work of TPTB, who would rather we didn't ask too many pertinent questions. Lenin's comment about Kerensky and his "useful idiots" comes to mind.

Ironically, I grew up knowing some real Communists, the sort that remembered the Molotov-Von Ribbentrop Pact and the denunciation of Stalin: they doubted for decades, often agonising about it in the nursing homes right up until their deaths. The worst posters here are far more dogmatic than they ever were.

There are other sceptical / alternative websites out there that haven't descended into this kind of nonsense.

edit on 17-5-2017 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2017 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join