It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oh why do some have you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yes... THIS IS IN THE RANT FORUM SO I WILL HAVE MY SAY and write my words in capitals if I want because I am allowed to do so here as long as it is not in the title.

THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT SO TAKE IT EASY PLEASE...

Why do some of you people have to keep repeating the same old political taurine faecal matter (IMO) over and over again here on ATS...

Just check out the new news every day when you log on here, if its not Anti or pro Trump this or that then it is something to do with USA politics...

We are seeing the same old partisan political threads coming up and repeated with different words day after day after day...

How many repeated threads were deleted today???

Please give the world a change and show us all that the USA members on ATS are much better than what we are currently reading.

AND PURLEEEEEZZZZ... Do NOT use that same old expression "BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT" again... THAT is so easy to say.

OR that this is a USA site... NO IT IS NOT... This is an international site owned by a BRIT... YEP... a BRIT...

Please, let ATS go back to what it used to be...

Here is the official description of ATS as written BY ATS :

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics on current events, politics, and government wrong-doing with poignant commentary from a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

The rest of the text above can be found here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something that hits me here under the description above is the following :

Intelligent exchange... Yea.... bring it on intelligent debaters concerning USA politics and your partisan threads...

For the time being all we are seeing is whingey bickering and whining from both sides and low level propaganda (copy paste) stories worthy of gutter press magazines that can be found on the table in your local dentists waiting room...

And please DO NOT underline or point out in the above mentioned text political scandals, as we are all intelligent enough to read that and I have just done it myself anyway!

Some of you may love the USA politics here on ATS and we all see that as an international community, but some have you have also completely destroyed the front page here on what used to be the worlds N°1 conspiracy and alternative news site.

Partisans... get a life and be the change that you want to be (as some of you keep repeating to us here) and forget about politics for a month, year or century or two...

There is more to your life than USA politics.

Thank you for being patient and also polite when answering back to this thread.

Ok, although this is not the mud pit my flame shield is now up.

Fire away and have fun or an intellectual erection having a bang at an international member that is sick and tired of seeing ATS being used as a political mud pit by the same old partisans.

I may not answer to everything but I will have fun reading the whingey and aggressive posts from the usual suspects.

Over to everyone else who feels like myself to list the usual suspects that will be flaming away to my thread. (We know them all anyway...)

Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

edit on 16-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Some of you should get a life

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I suggest that you refrain from clicking on political posts and post new threads that are not political in nature.

That will be a start.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I tend to ignore the US political threads as they often just go around in circles.
I've no problem with people posting whatever they like though, if it interests me I'll engage, but if not I'll just ignore.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Don't be so easily irritated snowflake.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I tend to ignore the US political threads as they often just go around in circles.
I've no problem with people posting whatever they like though, if it interests me I'll engage, but if not I'll just ignore.

I only ignore the ones that flame the liberals.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

That was some really good flaming going on in your OP.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol, I always click a peek though even if I don't get involved. Sometimes it is hilarious imagining the members frothing at the mouth while rocking in their chair with crazed eyes.
The right/left thing in the US is crazy to me as an outsider.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well that was hard to follow. I suggest taking a break from the internet before your brain is entirely jello.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I suggest that you refrain from clicking on political posts and post new threads that are not political in nature.

That will be a start.

oOOOOOO that was another type of response that I forgot to mention in my opening post Butcher... Thank you.

And you have just proved me right in a way if you read the totality of my opening post concerning how people say "be the change"

I don't click on them as they are full of the same usual stuff but it is annoying when logging on here and seeing that straight away.

I log on on " different comps and 1 phone so not always the same page.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

A great example of one of our major USA contributers that has limited vocabulary.

Thank you for your suggestion

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm fine Jeff...

Just noticing the downward spiral of this place over the past couple of years.

Warmest

Lags

originally posted by: Jefferton
Well thar was hard to follow. I suggest taking a break from the internet before your brain is entirely jello.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A great example of one of our major USA contributers that has limited vocabulary.

Warmest

Lags

Seriously, you are swinging at shadows. Log off, go outside, try to calm down.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Quick way to kill a political thread here. Insertion of rationality= dead thread. You can hear crickets.
edit on 16-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Rant over.

Warmest

Lags

That was some really good flaming going on in your OP.

Did you read all that I wrote???

This is in the RANT section and I have refrained from mud slinging and will not be baited by such as people as yourself (I know your posting history old chap).

Thank you

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Quick way to kill a political thread here. Insertion of rationality= dead thread

What forum is this in again?

RANT.

Thank you

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Warmest

Lags

If YOU say so...

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Not for nothing (that's a saying, right?), but I've seen this rant many times before.

I feel your point, I just couldn't pass up pointing out the irony. But to be fair, there are MANY other threads started on ATS every day that have nothing to do with politics--the problem lies in the reality that politics, at this point in our lives (and especially in the U.S.), is the most direct variable that we can't really control that has the potential to affect our daily lives the most.

So, yes, we're going to discuss it and argue over it. Like is often said and bears repeating--we all have the ability to ignore threads and comments that we don't like. It's worth practicing that ability from time to time and not let stuff like this bother you. You'll live longer.

ETA: You may not like my last comment about ignoring the threads, but the reality is that it is what you need to do. You said it yourself, this is an international forum where members can basically start threads about anything that is not against the T&C of this site, so it seems to me that if you're so annoyed with threads concerning U.S. politics, maybe you should discuss with the owner about banning U.S. political discussions, although I doubt that he'd be up for that.

You're fighting a losing battle, here, so the best option is to just learn to bypass the threads, get annoyed if you want, and then just move on with life and click things that interest you. But like I said, U.S. politics directly affect many of us who use this site, so whether or not you want to see threads about it really is irrelevant to such an open site. That's not meant to be an attack, it's just the truth.

Best regards.
edit on 16-5-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Warmest

Lags

If YOU say so...

Warmest

Lags

Trying to save you from looking like a child having a temper tantrum.
Have fun though,

Warmest

J.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Not for nothing (that's a saying, right?), but I've seen this rant many times before.

I feel your point, I just couldn't pass up pointing out the irony. But to be fair, there are MANY other threads started on ATS every day that have nothing to do with politics--the problem lies in the reality that politics, at this point in our lives (and especially in the U.S.), is the most direct variable that we can't really control that has the potential to affect our daily lives the most.

So, yes, we're going to discuss it and argue over it. Like is often said and bears repeating--we all have the ability to ignore threads and comments that we don't like. It's worth practicing that ability from time to time and not let stuff like this bother you. You'll live longer.

But you must admit mate... It is tedious and boring and totally unrespectful if one reads the sites original "about us" link?

Here again for those who speed read and write : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: dfnj2015

Lol, I always click a peek though even if I don't get involved. Sometimes it is hilarious imagining the members frothing at the mouth while rocking in their chair with crazed eyes.
The right/left thing in the US is crazy to me as an outsider.

It's not really crazy at all. The rancor is designed so NOTHING ever gets done. It's politics of denial. No one on the left is ever taken seriously. Preserving the status quo is all that ever happens. Killing ACA will be as if Obama was never president.

edit on 16-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join