It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why oh why do some have you have to keep repeating the same old thing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
My blood is not boiling, I'm just having a rant... It happens to us all from time to time.

Warmest

Lags

if this small issue makes you rant.. I feel bad. seems everyone wants to make a fuse over small things that in the end don't matter

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

My blood is not boiling, I'm just having a rant... It happens to us all from time to time.

Warmest

Lags

if this small issue makes you rant.. I feel bad. seems everyone wants to make a fuse over small things that in the end don't matter

It's the rant forum so I ranted...

And!?

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

can you explain bit more ?

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

That is true, although one of those sides is correct, and the other wrong. Or more correctly, only those whose opinions on political matters fly far enough to one side of the political divide, are actually factually correct in their assertions. Everyone else however, is either too close to the center, or ANYWHERE on the right at all.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nahaeei

can you explain bit more ?

Nope no need to, read my first post in this rant.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Star for your eloquently worded version of "I think the left are factually correct".

edit on 17.5.2017 by grainofsand because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hey Lags,

Whilst i applaud your efforts to get back to the older style ATS (far less politicised), it is up to us members to achieve that.

In effect, you need to be the change that you want..............oh...............i see what i did there........

Can't disagree though. Left wing this, right wing that, bloody liberal the other. If people want to focus on politics so much, we should change the emphasis. Instead of highlighting this wing said this, etc, we should instead simply highlight honest poiticians, regardless of their affiliations. I would wager that would cut the number of political infighting threads to the bone!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

originally posted by: Flavian

Hey Lags,

Whilst i applaud your efforts to get back to the older style ATS (far less politicised), it is up to us members to achieve that.

In effect, you need to be the change that you want..............oh...............i see what i did there........

Can't disagree though. Left wing this, right wing that, bloody liberal the other. If people want to focus on politics so much, we should change the emphasis. Instead of highlighting this wing said this, etc, we should instead simply highlight honest poiticians, regardless of their affiliations. I would wager that would cut the number of political infighting threads to the bone!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I relate to your feelings on this.
I used to spend thirty minutes minimum each morning, reading and participating in threads on ATS.
I scroll through quickly now and go elsewhere. It's all the same, threads repeating themselves endlessly. No matter what the subject matter it is immediately turned into the same partisan BS on American politics.

Hope the rant did you some good!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I relate to your feelings on this.
I used to spend thirty minutes minimum each morning, reading and participating in threads on ATS.
I scroll through quickly now and go elsewhere. It's all the same, threads repeating themselves endlessly. No matter what the subject matter it is immediately turned into the same partisan BS on American politics.

Hope the rant did you some good!

It did indeed

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well I can say that I spent at least an hour yesterday putting together a sourced and researched thread about the perils of journalism, and wrote about a few of the brave journalists who have sacrificed their lives for the truth.

I brought up the point that truth (the ugly, brutal kind) comes with a price and that many have paid the ultimate price in order to shed light on the seedy underbelly of the world.

Sadly, though I see that there was some interest generated, only 5 comments (other than my own lol) on the subject.

I don't know why there is no more content. Perhaps it's because a lot of the content is passed up for the golden Trump threads.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

AND PURLEEEEEZZZZ... Do NOT use that same old expression "BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT" again... THAT is so easy to say.

So when a meaningful, albeit obvious, answer is 'easy to say', implying difficult to do, it should be kept from you?
Only easy things for the old ego?
Keep a safe distance with the old mirror? *__-

No but it would be nice to see ATS become what it used to be instead of a site used by partisans with a political agenda!

When we are flooded with fear mongering headlines, that sort of focuses our 'mind'.
I'd rather converse on the 'higher' points of our journey through the Universe, the spiritual and the esoteric, the mystical...
The Light rather than the dark (or orange).
The passing parade of 'ego/duality' gets repetitious for many.
Same old crap, new day.
But our journey into Enlightenment is something in which I find more value, as opposed to calling each other names and dismissing each other therein!
Perhaps that is what you mean? *__-
With Love

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Well I can say that I spent at least an hour yesterday putting together a sourced and researched thread about the perils of journalism, and wrote about a few of the brave journalists who have sacrificed their lives for the truth.

I brought up the point that truth (the ugly, brutal kind) comes with a price and that many have paid the ultimate price in order to shed light on the seedy underbelly of the world.

Sadly, though I see that there was some interest generated, only 5 comments (other than my own lol) on the subject.

I don't know why there is no more content. Perhaps it's because a lot of the content is passed up for the golden Trump threads.

I flagged your post yesterday mate so that more people could read... but unfortunately was not in a place where I could comment...

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I enjoyed reading your rant. Because i could 100% relate. I am glad to see ATS members rising up against this endless Trump blaahblaah.

Have a good day.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

I enjoyed reading your rant. Because i could 100% relate. I am glad to see ATS members rising up against this endless Trump blaahblaah.

Have a good day.

I suggest that every time someone spams out a non USA political related thread with USA politics that as many people report that member... It is the only way we can become the REAL ATS conspiracy site again that is not over roughly 70 percent on the main page dedicated to USA partisan political propoganda and such...

Just a suggestion and my own personal opinion.

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Cheers, mate

I was disappointed about that one (the journalists) because I thought the subject matter to be so vital and heavy.. but really- I didn't keep the conversation going well, so that was on me.

Well there are some incredible minds and hearts on here and I enjoy every chance I get to see that. Every time I post something meaningful to me I am rewarded in some way by (sometimes one, sometimes more) conscientious members.

I didn't meant to complain.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

There is a fine old book on mythology, story and cosmology called "The Myth if The Eternal Return" that suggests that there is a preference in humans to put great value in doing what has been done before, by our ancestors. And that to repeat those actions and patterns lend validity to our lives and connects to our past, and other such high faluting stuff.

Discussion on the internet reminds me of this a lot. So many folk just parrot the same stuff, i imagine that some get a right thrill being early enough in a thread to be the first to say "incoming in 3, 2, 1" because another poster that they had a woody for said it once

edit on 22-5-2017 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Cheers, mate

I was disappointed about that one (the journalists) because I thought the subject matter to be so vital and heavy.. but really- I didn't keep the conversation going well, so that was on me.

Well there are some incredible minds and hearts on here and I enjoy every chance I get to see that. Every time I post something meaningful to me I am rewarded in some way by (sometimes one, sometimes more) conscientious members.

I didn't meant to complain.

No probs Zos... all is good

Warmest

Lags

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

There is a fine old book on mythology, story and cosmology called "The Myth if The Eternal Return" that suggests that there is a preference in humans to put great value in doing what has been done before, by our ancestors. And that to repeat those actions and patterns lend validity to our lives and connects to our past, and other such high faluting stuff.

Discussion on the internet reminds me of this a lot. So many folk just parrot the same stuff, i imagine that some get a right thrill being early enough in a thread to be the first to say "incoming in 3, 2, 1" because another poster that they had a woody for said it once

Right on mate... bout time you got yer arse on here... haven't seen you around for a while!?

Warmest

Rod... erm Lags

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join