It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Mike Pence says Islamic State is carrying out genocide on Christians. Vows to destroy it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

You really think the politicans want to end this war? Follow the money. The soon we stop politicans from waging wars on the Middle East the better it will be.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: mOjOm

If it weren't for nukes, millions of American soldiers would have fallen trying to take the Japanese mainland. The nukes saved millions of lives.

It was a difficult decision to make yeah. But the Middle East is hardly a threat to us.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I agree, but we have to deal with what 'is' happening not with what we would like to happen.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
On a semi-related note, does anybody know if there is an after action report on the MOAB dropped in Afghanistan???

It would be interesting to see what if any effect it had on the enemy combatants in the area.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The ME specifically modern day Syria is the birth place of Christianity. Syria must be cleared of jihadists at any cost.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The ME specifically modern day Syria is the birth place of Christianity. Syria must be cleared of jihadists at any cost.

So we want the Crusaders back? Why not? Christians can band together and fight them. In fact some of us non-Christians would help.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad
On a semi-related note, does anybody know if there is an after action report on the MOAB dropped in Afghanistan???

It would be interesting to see what if any effect it had on the enemy combatants in the area.

You got me curious.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Christians stand for Christians. There is already a crusade led by Russia which is the modern day Byzantine empire.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: allsee4eye

Hit ISIS so hard that they become afraid of us.

If you want them afraid of us, start broadcasting Western tv shows and news shows that depict Islamic women and children moving around freely in society... driving cars, shopping without men, etc, etc. -- and going to school and getting jobs and education. They don't fear bombs because that drives the people into the arms of DAESH (because nobody loves the people who bomb the heck out of their homes and families.)

What they fear is showing people that they can be free and happy as Muslims without Islamic fundamentalism...and that their religion is preserved and continued. This is why DAESH and others attack secular Turkey and secular Egypt. They don't want their population getting the idea that it's acceptable for women and children to have any sort of individual freedom and to enjoy education and personal freedom and even wearing clothes that they're comfortable with and are fashionable.

In case you didn't know, that's what they're fighting against. That's what they fear. Not martyrdom.

I just felt this hit home as much as any MOAB

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Air dropping iPads won't defeat ISIS.

In my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

In my opinion.

Drop bacon on them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

In my opinion.

Drop bacon on them.

As much as that would amuse me, it would be a tragic waste of awesome and tasty bacon.

We just need to make the idea of attacking the west untenable.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

So then you agree with ISIS tactics. Good for you.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So the founding of Israel had nothing to do with it? The six day war? The occupation of Palestine? And the fact that we propped up a ruthless dictator in Iran is of no consequence? The Iranian revolution was the direct result of American intervention, for corporate profit, in an area we had no legitimate business being. So your solution is to continue meddling in other countries internal issues, disrespecting their sovereignty and the human rights we are so ready to proclaim for ourselves, in order to clean up a mess that we created? Sound reasoning son.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

When we go to war we should be "all in" or we shouldn't get involved.

Exactly. And why are we at war with Syria? Because they have an independent central bank, just like N. Korea and Iran. TPTB don't go all in because there's no profit in that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

First of all that is just an assumption since we don't know what would happen since it never happened.

Second and most important of all, Soldiers are soldiers and civilians are civilians. Soldiers put their lives on the line willing. That's why they are hero's of the people. Civilians didn't volunteer for that. That's why we don't kill civilians or it's called terrorism.

Wars are fought by armies who know full well what they've volunteered for and that it may mean their life. Civilians haven't. Soldiers can defend themselves and understand battle. Civilians are innocent and don't stand a chance against armies.

I understand you point and I don't like losing soldiers either. But at least they volunteer their lives for war. We killed over 100,000 civilians in one day and who knows how many more from the fallout and effects that came after. That's not including all other deaths from WW2.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

a reply to: alexpmi

Here's something I'll bet you didn't see coming... I agree, we should stay out of other countries business, but unfortunately that is not my decision to make. But if we are in war then lets fight to win with as little death and/or maiming to 'our side' as possible.

I probably lean more towards isolationism then globalism, let all these other countries take care of themselves and stop pouring US personnel and money in to them.

I'm with you here. But killing families of the Terrorists isn't the way to win anything. If that tactic worked it would have already worked. It hasn't. It's make it worse.

Would you give up if your enemy openly said it was going to target the families of the soldiers who were fighting on our side??? Hell no. It would just mean every single civilian taking up arms too. So what do you think they'll do???

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It's working in Mosul. It's almost cleared of jihadists.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

What makes you think this policy of killing families and that link have anything to do with each other??

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

So then you agree with ISIS tactics. Good for you.

This (and your lack of reading comprehension) is why I won't even bother with you, you are so wrapped up in your little ball of hatred and contempt that trying to have any rational discussion on this issue would be pointless.

Go back and read my post in this thread and try to understand what you are reading, come back and apologize for your asinine statement, and then 'maybe' we can have a discussion on this topic.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join