It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Mike Pence says Islamic State is carrying out genocide on Christians. Vows to destroy it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's kind of what I'm saying, maybe we can't kill the ideology but we can make them think before participating in said ideology.

Seemed to work fairly well with the German and Japanese ideology of their superiority.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Ok, then I'm confused on what exactly you're saying you want to do then.

Because entire cities full of people means killing mostly innocent people. Sure you'll take out some terrorists too but the the majority by a long way will be innocent people. Also the same people that ISIS is already terrorizing as well. So you're killing the victims in far greater numbers than ISIS could even accomplish.

You'd be killing Christians in there too as well as anyone else who might live in that city. I'm not sure what that's going to do in our favor to do that.

I don't understand how you think doing such a thing as that would benefit anyone.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I understand all that, that is why what I would really like is to pull 'all' our people home and let these countries sink or swim on their own, but again that is my wish and not reality.

War is a horrible and horrific thing and should only be undertaking in defense of ones country.
We lost that ideal somewhere back in history.

But if we are at war and it comes down to killing them (combatants and non-combatants) or having our people die, I will choose them every time.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

These are drugged people who take those hallucination pills. There is no saving them. Only when the Syrian and Iraqi governments take back the cities will they lose their bases of operation.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: CynConcepts

Huh??? No that's not what I'm saying.

Also, Drafting people into war doesn't make them volunteers either. That's just forcing people into a war.

Do you understand the difference between soldiers and civilians???

Yes, I understand the difference. Do you? I had many male family members drafted into wars. They were civilians and not volunteer soldiers...but some of them died for their country while they did not sign up officially to give their lives. Unfortunately, at 18 years they were legally obligated as a citizen to sign up for the draft.

What is the difference in your mind between American citizens being forced to fight a war they disagree with and giving their lives to ensure there are feet on the ground because they were drafted and citizens of any country not drafted or coerced yet?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

These are drugged people who take those hallucination pills. There is no saving them. - snip -

LOL I'm sure there are those who say the same thing about Americans.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

If you don't know what Captagon is you are free to look it up. You think it's so easy to charge a machine gun? It's not.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 12-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ok, then I'm confused on what exactly you're saying you want to do then.

Because entire cities full of people means killing mostly innocent people. Sure you'll take out some terrorists too but the the majority by a long way will be innocent people. Also the same people that ISIS is already terrorizing as well. So you're killing the victims in far greater numbers than ISIS could even accomplish.

You'd be killing Christians in there too as well as anyone else who might live in that city. I'm not sure what that's going to do in our favor to do that.

I don't understand how you think doing such a thing as that would benefit anyone.

History does show that by America dropping bombs in Japan, it ended that war with them. We actually seem to have quite a good relationship with Japan now. Naturally, in taking such a step, we were responsible for assisting them in a more democratic recovery.

Terrorists pose a dilemma for sure. It is not a country attacking America, but an ideology that is attacking others and attempting to bring terrorism to our shores. Different circumstances for sure and why it has been so complicated.

History has shown being 'nice' seems to only cry 'weakness' to aggressives. So, terrorism needs a strong hand to establish authority. Is it tough, yes, but tough love helps more than allowing innocents having to decide who to be afraid of.

That currently is a problem in our own young gang culture. Respect authority or deal with the 'current' scarier gangs consequences! Air America is going to be involved in resolving terrorism, innocent civilians will only side with us...when they respect...and yes fear repercussions from us more than the terrorists.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

-sigh-
You should unplug and unwind some.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm not against soldiers. I have great respect for them. They are hero's who sacrifice their lives for others. Whether drafted or not isn't the point I'm getting at. I'm not saying killing them is ok just because they've chosen to be soldiers.

What I'm saying is that killing civilians and targeting them on purpose is just an act of terrorism. Actual wars are fought by armies who know they're there to fight and maybe die in battle. Citizens are just citizens and shouldn't be targets in the same way. That is a war crime.

I realize that all war is horrible and it's a crime in itself which makes Rules of War sort of a strange concept but you still have them. Because if you don't then all you really are is just a mass murderer of people. That's why we try and separate Legal engagement from simple terrorism. Sometimes killing can become unavoidable, that's just the way it is. But that's not the same as just openly killing innocent people when you don't have to. That's what I'm saying.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
the left must HATE this

They hate Christians, they love chaos

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
the left must HATE this

They hate Christians, they love chaos

That's just stupid. People on the left are Christians too. They don't hate themselves.

Even people who aren't Christian and on the left don't just hate Christians just because they're Christians. That's just a stupid thing to even say.

If that is the best you can do you're wasting your time and everyone elses time as well.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: jhn7537

I don't believe in moral relativism. To kill children was wrong in the past, is wrong now, and will be in the future. We can try to justify it but in doing so we become the very thing we decry.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

WW2 Military History and logic backs up your point. From the RAF Bomber Command point of view, The Blitz had earned payback with interest, measuring military effectiveness was on the outer. Reducing German Cities to rubble didn't have desired effect of defeating Germany.

Well that is my short take, that avoids going too far off topic. Payback can feel emotionally good for a time. Feeling good doesn't win wars.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As future predictions go, the end of limit wars, would represent a return to Total and Industrialised warfare. I wouldn't at all be surprised, if just such a eventuality is less then ten years away. Current events in the Middle East including efforts to combat ISIS would have contributed to the International Situation falling into all out war.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

Really?? So you think Every Muslim in the middle east is ISIS too???

No, do you?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeLovePutin
Can't say I feel sad for ISIS scum families. They have bombed our innocent woman and children long enough. Payback is a bitch, isn't it.

Do you really not see how this statement could be used to support an agreement that involves you yourself being a victim of a bombing?

So the US goes in and kills a bunch of these kids. Then in the future one of the ones that survived comes to your town and blows your kids up with a truck bomb. By your own logic that is perfectly fine because as you said pay back is a bit#h.

In reality all this will do is insure that terrorism will remain a problem for next 20 to 40 years. Will keep,war in the middle east going indefinitely.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is this kind of like the admin of GB junior where he plays president wile Cheney makes war behind the scenes and profits from it?

The ploy was so successful then, why ruin a good thing?

Trump will buffoon his away around and Pence will take care of bu$ine$$.

Four more (endless war) years!

Or we can just leave ISIS alone right? I mean what do you suggest we do about ISIS? Or do you suggest we just let evil prosper?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

their family members including their wives and their kids are dying by the hundreds in the hands of American pilots. That, my friends, is what demoralizing is all about.

Or mass murder , depending on how you look at it.
The more I see of stuff like this the more I'm convinced we're de-evolving , we reached our pinnacle and now we're back off to the trees.

This would be a good post if you offered a better alternative at the end of your gripe but you haven't so it's just pointless dribble.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The targeting and killing of civilians as proposed by the OP is a criminal act , those who would support such a policy show the de-evolution of the species back to a time when we didn't know any better.

edit on 13-5-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Fundamentalist organisations like ISIS need to be destroyed, that's a given.

But targeting their wives and kids only serves to perpetuate the processes of breading the next generation of terrorist.

It's a vicious circle and one that will never be broken whilst we arm and supply these fundamentalist militias and use them to wage proxy conflicts around the globe on our behalf.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join