It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You might not get this reference, but for some reason there's an old ditty from the show "Hee Haw" that's running through my head:

"If it weren't for fake news
I'd get no news at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me....."

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

But that is what is been reported by those that the media are selectively interviewing and people believe it.

The media is becoming the new number one public enemy in this nation and some have no clue how dangerous they are becoming.

This pisses me off to my core, but luckily I don't think they are having as big an impact as they would have 10 or 15 years ago. Information is so readily available that their false narratives are often exposed within minutes. Gullible people still refuse to accept the corrections, like what's been happening here with the false narrative about Rosenstein threatening to resign, but luckily most people aren't that dedicated to believing lies.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcathdra

But in this case Loretta Lynch has recused herself from the investigation because of the meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac in Atlanta. Remember? I could be wrong but I thought she had passed that responsibility on to Comey.

no - she never recused herself.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: face23785

Oh my god what in the heck is going on with the democrats, these people are completely on some kind of Hallucinogen or they ran out of Xanax, They got to be kidding, some guy or Democratic strategist, call Mustaffa, came out on the news saying that Trump have no right to fired Comey, that he didn't have the right to fired Yates, because all those people were investigating Trump, now Yates? really, Yates? since when Yates was appointed to investigate Trump.

This just something you will read in a bad comedy show.

Trump is the president, but democrats think that Trump have not rights as the president, because they say so.

How dare Trump fired the frogs that Obama the toad appointed under his administration.

Darn democrats are losing their minds, can somebody give this people some anti depressants.

This is the misinformation and crap they are feeding people that believe on them and then no wonder we come here on ATS and can not even get a nice debate on this issues, because people actually believe what these democratic agents on agendas are saying.

Un freaking believable.

I had not clue Yates was investigating Trump too.

Yeah I just saw that too, it was pathetic. They really have come unhinged. They don't realize they're driving reasonable people away from their party and Independents can't stand it.

I do not believe you would recognize "reasonable people" if your life depended on it.

A reasonable person doesn't doubt the Deputy AG and his appointed spokesperson being in agreement and instead puts his faith in an anonymous source because it agrees with his biased partisan false narrative. Try again little buddy.

The cloistered bubble around here is stunning.

This isn't a left/right thing...this is the most inept, dishonest Administration the country has ever seen.

This is where you ran your argument off the rails and under the bus.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Oh my god what in the heck is going on with the democrats, these people are completely on some kind of Hallucinogen or they ran out of Xanax, They got to be kidding, some guy or Democratic strategist, call Mustaffa, came out on the news saying that Trump have no right to fired Comey, that he didn't have the right to fired Yates, because all those people were investigating Trump, now Yates? really, Yates? since when Yates was appointed to investigate Trump.

Trump is the president, but democrats think that Trump have not rights as the president, because they say so.

How dare Trump fired the frogs that Obama the toad appointed under his administration.

Darn democrats are losing their minds, can somebody give this people some anti depressants.

This is the misinformation and crap they are feeding people that believe on them and then no wonder we come here on ATS and can not even get a nice debate on this issues, because people actually believe what these democratic agents on agendas are saying.

Un freaking believable.

Yeah I just saw that too, it was pathetic. They really have come unhinged. They don't realize they're driving reasonable people away from their party and Independents can't stand it.

I do not believe you would recognize "reasonable people" if your life depended on it.

A reasonable person doesn't doubt the Deputy AG and his appointed spokesperson being in agreement and instead puts his faith in an anonymous source because it agrees with his biased partisan false narrative. Try again little buddy.

This isn't a left/right thing...this is the most inept, dishonest Administration the country has ever seen.

No doubt you think this is the best President on earth etc..

And I have no reason to burst anyone's bubble...

It is very, very wild to watch though..

It's not difficult to discern truth and lies amongst the spin.

The only bubble that has been burst here tonight is your sad bubble where you refuse to believe the Deputy AG didn't threaten to resign. You are a hardcore, devout leftist altarboy no matter what you want to pretend you are, and that is why you can't accept that didn't happen. You simply can't see past your bias.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Like the 2 big lies from the last few days that were told by the left wing media that proved to be completely and totally false.

* - The Dep AG threatening to quite - LIE
* - Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes - LIE

edit on 11-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

But in this case Loretta Lynch has recused herself from the investigation because of the meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac in Atlanta. Remember? I could be wrong but I thought she had passed that responsibility on to Comey.

Oh....and it wasn't Atlanta. It was Arizona. But, they both start with 'A'.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Here is the Quinipac poll...survey conducted days before this #storm..

May 10, 2017 - U.S. Voters Send Trump Approval To Near Record Low;

American voters' opinions of several of Trump's personal qualities are down: 61 - 33 percent that he is not honest, compared to 58 - 37 percent April 19;
56 - 41 percent that he does not have good leadership skills, little change;
59 - 38 percent that he does not care about average Americans, compared to 57 - 42 percent April 19;
66 - 29 percent that he is not level-headed, compared to 63 - 33 percent last month;

By a 54 - 38 percent margin, American voters want the Democratic Party to win control of the U.S. House of Representatives.

This is the widest margin ever measured for this question in a Quinnipiac University poll, exceeding a 5 percentage point margin for Republicans in 2013.

What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of Donald Trump? (number represents count not percentage)
idiot 39
incompetent 31
liar 30
leader 25
unqualified 25
president 22
strong 21
businessman 18
ignorant 16
egotistical 15
asshole 13
stupid 13
arrogant 12
trying 12
bully 11
business 11
narcissist 11
successful 11
disgusting 10
great 10
clown 9

poll.qu.edu...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You know I just googled it based on you saying this in another post and you're right.
She "removed" herself and said she would accept Comeys decisions but she never officially recused herself.
There were conflicting stories bouncing around at the time I remember but bottom line is it appears she did not officially recuse herself .
Good call.

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'll let you know later if the fact I caught the reference is good or bad...

I've given up on MSM news as the bias has become so overt as to make me want to swear off TV entirely. Until football season anyhow...

I'd say I yearn for the days of Walter Cronkite, but he was, in his own little homespun way, every bit as biased as any of 'em workin' at CNN or Fox.

link   
a reply to: Indigo5

and it has what to do with what we are discussing?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yeah, Sean Spicer was just looking for Hillary and thought they were trees...

(Bad, bad, very bad short joke... )

TheRedneck

link   

And I gave you a star.

link   

Un freaking believable.

No doubt you think this is the best President on earth etc..

And I have no reason to burst anyone's bubble...

It is very, very wild to watch though..

It's not difficult to discern truth and lies amongst the spin.

The only bubble that has been burst here tonight is your sad bubble where you refuse to believe the Deputy AG didn't threaten to resign.

Just the last page?

Are you competing for an idiot award?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: face23785

Like the 2 big lies from the last few days that were told by the left wing media that proved to be completely and totally false.

* - The Dep AG threatening to quite - LIE
* - Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes - LIE

Did people actually believe the Spicer story?

Geesh, they would have had photos on the front page if it had really happened.

Not much of a correction, WaPo really has credibility issues.

WaPo issues correction on Spicer story

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I thought she had passed that responsibility on to Comey.

You might want to familiarize yourself with the way legal proceedings take place before you comment on them.

Law enforcement officers in no jurisdiction in this country of any level can make prosecutorial decisions. It's just not possible as the mechanisms don't exist.

The lawyers at the department of Justice are the ones who wouldnhave made the decision to prosecute. The fact that Comey stuck his nose into a part of the process it has no business being in is lost on you because of how biased you are.

I mean, you do rely on MSNBC as a primary news source.

Which explains a lot.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The media is becoming the new number one public enemy in this nation and some have no clue how dangerous they are becoming.

President Trump has said this, and I have a thread (or 2) pointing out the dangers to this country that such a biased media brings.

link   
when bill Clinton talked to Loretta lynch, while Hillary was under investigation, on that plane the right practically melted down in their outrage.

trump has admitted to, on 3 occasions, talking to comey about the investigation and ya'll act like no biggie. wow, selective outrage at its finest. LOL

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

and now we come to part of the issue that got Comey fired. He held that press conference without the AG's permission and would not disclose to her what he was going to say. He never should have made the announcement he did on charges.

Lynch should have done that.

Comey's justification for doing that was the email the FBI recovered that showed a discussion where it was stated Lynch would protect Clinton from criminal prosecution. Couple that with the Tarmac meeting. Something not disclosed by Comey until he addressed Congress this last go around.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   

You know I just googled it based on you saying this in another post and you're right.
She "removed" herself and said she would accept Comeys decisions but she never officially recused herself.
There were conflicting stories bouncing around at the time I remember but bottom line is it appears she did not officially recuse herself .
Good call.

The fact there were conflicting stories should give us all pause. The media doesn't bother with little niceties like accuracy.

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join