It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: face23785

I am pretty sure asking the Russian FSB to help you win an election via hacking is an "attack on our democracy" any way you slice it...

You seem to be making some strange arguments..

Wait, Sarah Huckabee will say he said that as a candidate . It's not the same now that he's president.

Little does she realize she effectively defined his entire presidency up until now.

Nothing he said as a candidate will matter.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

I guess I am not seeing why it even matters and is worth probing.

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Obstructing or attempting to obstruct Justice is illegal...

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

What narrative? And how was it "busted"?

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

It wasn't Comey doing the investigating, it's the FBI.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

So the defense that the FBI is still investigating is irrelevant.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

You should Google the name James Comey?

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

Spicy suggested this was all on Rosenstein.
Sounds like Rosenstein wasn't too happy about that.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

Read it. Lots of claims. Source? "This person" according to WaPo.

Versus the IC officials testifying before Congress today on live TV. I'll take the IC officials, you can have your baseless article from a known liberal mouthpiece.

When you attack the source it's old #20

Perhaps a review is in order .....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Comey testified that Obama didn't wiretap Trump tower, but this must be fake news too because it contradicts Trump's narrative. Sounds like he wasn't too happy about Comey not confirming his theories.

Clapper has acknowledged that multiple foreign intel sources handed off information regarding suspicious contacts between Trum associates and Russians. I believe he called that information "quite sensitive." To be fair, we don't know what that's referring to. If there's nothing to it, then perhaps it's just the old 'methods & sources' deal.

But then there's the multiple FISA warrants that were obtained for Page's comms. It's my understanding those aren't exactly easy to get without something compelling in hand, & if they're renewed multiple times, it suggests they found something.

My point? This investigation wasn't initiated just for kicks & giggles. And Comey didn't request more funds and resources merely to expand the scope of the kicks and giggles.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

James Comey was the director. The grunt work, invesigations, reports, etc. continue on. These agents will merely hand over their findings to a different person.

He was the Director of the FBI, who amongst other duties reported to Congress on the status of the investigation involving Russia and the Trump Campaign. Apparently that was sufficient to warrant Trump firing him.

It's pretty plain...

As far as his competency...His support amongst the men and women that reported to him at the FBI was near unanimous by all accounts. Even those that disagreed with him respected him.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

Uh, no. He's mad the WH is suggesting he initiated all of this.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

Versus the IC officials testifying before Congress today on live TV. I'll take the IC officials, you can have your baseless article from a known liberal mouthpiece.

This source is not above doubting:

Rosenstein threatened to resign after the narrative emerging from the White House on Tuesday evening cast him as a prime mover of the decision to fire Comey and that the president acted only on his recommendation, said the person close to the White House, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

He also said the bureau respects James Comey and had not lost confidence in him and he said the Russian investigation is a big deal.
Two things trump made contrary statements about.
So we should expect him to be replaced toot sweet.

Trump is drafting the letter right now. He's just getting his spell check done by Jeff Sessions.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Uh, no. He's mad the WH is suggesting he initiated all of this.

You will provide your source for this?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

They never got Clinton's emails. You realize that right?

Just making sure.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Good catch.

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

Well seeing as how another poster just linked to the DOJ saying it was a false report, I think I'm on pretty stable ground. You can continue to believe lies all you want as long as they fit your pre-determined narrative though. The rest of us will be looking at the truth.

Comey testified that Obama didn't wiretap Trump tower, but this must be fake news too because it contradicts Trump's narrative. Sounds like he wasn't too happy about Comey not confirming his theories.

Clapper has acknowledged that multiple foreign intel sources handed off information regarding suspicious contacts between Trum associates and Russians. I believe he called that information "quite sensitive." To be fair, we don't know what that's referring to. If there's nothing to it, then perhaps it's just the old 'methods & sources' deal.

But then there's the multiple FISA warrants that were obtained for Page's comms. It's my understanding those aren't exactly easy to get without something compelling in hand, & if they're renewed multiple times, it suggests they found something.

My point? This investigation wasn't initiated just for kicks & giggles. And Comey didn't request more funds and resources merely to expand the scope of the kicks and giggles.

None of this changes the fact that Trump firing Comey has zero impact on the investigation, so the narrative that he fired him to derail the investigation is demonstrably false, was just confirmed to be false by the acting-Director (a Democrat and Clinton supporter), yet some people here still want to push it knowing it's false. I don't appreciate people coming in here lying, that's all I'm saying. Otherwise I await the outcome of the investigation. So far there's zero public evidence they've found anything. Not to mention, it's a CI investigation, not a criminal investigation. It's been going on for something like 10 months. If they had found any inkling of criminal misconduct, they would've had to begin a criminal investigation at some point, and that hasn't happened. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Until it concludes let's stick to the facts.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They never got Clinton's emails. You realize that right?

Just making sure.

Yup, so we can't be sure what was in them. One thing is for sure though, if it was just yoga and weddings it would have zero impact on our democracy if they were hacked. It would merely be an invasion of Clinton's privacy and a crime by whoever committed the hacking. If there was classified info in them, then it would endanger our democracy.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

James Comey was fired but not removed?
Lol
What is his role now then? Consultant?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Maybe you remember Nixon did NOT fire FBI Director Gray, he resigned because he was part of coverup.

It was special investigator that Nixon fired.

The resultant resignations of AG and DAG were to become known as "Saturday Night Massecre"

Kind of a misnamed event where most of the people involved resigned and we're not fired.

The modern comparisons are just not there.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

James Comey was fired but not removed?
Lol
What is his role now then? Consultant?

Comey wasn't investigating Trump. The IC officials just testified none of the investigating agents have been removed. Comey being fired has zero impact on the investigation. No matter how many ways you try to spin it otherwise, it has no impact. None. Accept facts, accept reality. I promise it will be ok. I can provide a safe space if needed.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah. Trump is a consistent liar. Hate him too.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

They sleep in the fetal position with their thumbs in their mouth.
When they get back from time off they immediately start ticking off days to their next break.
They all have Zen fountains and Tibetan singing bowls in their offices.
Outside the oval is a contestant drone of Ommmmm.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

James Comey was the director. The grunt work, invesigations, reports, etc. continue on. These agents will merely hand over their findings to a different person.

He was the Director of the FBI, who amongst other duties reported to Congress on the status of the investigation involving Russia and the Trump Campaign. Apparently that was sufficient to warrant Trump firing him.

It's pretty plain...

Let's make it even plainer,

Comey, by his own testimony said he updated congress on these types of investigations at least quarterly - but also in testimony, he was eight months into investigation before ever notifying congressional oversight committee.

Hmmmm

Yet he reported to executive branch, why are you guys ignoring such glaring abuse.

Because suits agenda?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

He's mad that he's taking the blame when trump TOLD HIM to write the letter. He's threatened to quit.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

He's mad that he's taking the blame when trump TOLD HIM to write the letter. He's threatened to quit.

You literally just posted fake news. If you do it again you're knowingly spreading lies. Don't spread lies.
DOJ confirms Rosenstein did NOT threaten to resign.

a reply to: butcherguy

Credit for the source. Thank you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Oh please.. don't please.
Don't dump garbage here.

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join