It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
McCabe quashes trumps claim that Comey had lost the confidence of the bureau. Says Comey is held in the highest regard by himself and the department.

Most honest thing you've said in pages.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

And who could fire all the agents currently working on the investigate? To who does that power lie with?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Right now it's with the acting-Director, who now has complete access to the investigation and is a dedicated Dem. If there was anything Trump was trying to cover up he'd be aware of it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

I guess I am not seeing why it even matters and is worth probing.

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Obstructing or attempting to obstruct Justice is illegal...

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

What narrative? And how was it "busted"?

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

It wasn't Comey doing the investigating, it's the FBI.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

So the defense that the FBI is still investigating is irrelevant.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

You should Google the name James Comey?

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

Spicy suggested this was all on Rosenstein.
Sounds like Rosenstein wasn't too happy about that.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Can you imagine what the Oval office is going thru right now. They know this investigation is not going to end anytime soon. This is just the beginning.

American politics at it's best and history in the making.
edit on 11-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

How has that been proven false? Dozens of insiders have said that Comey's persistence in the investigation was exactly why he was fired?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You said McCabe said no Special Counsel was needed?

That was a lie? Just heard him say that was a question for the DOJ.

You said no one was removed from the investigation?

Again...Does James Comey not count?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The firing has sparked a storm of criticism but Acting Director Andrew McCabe told a Senate committee it had not affected the work of the FBI.

And he vowed to speak up if there were any political interference in future.

There are reports the ex-FBI boss had asked for more resources to conduct the probe and Democrats in the US Senate have formally requested details from the Justice Department on any additional funding he requested.

Some Democratic senators say they believed the reports to be true, although a Justice Department spokeswoman rejected them as "totally false".

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein was reportedly on the verge of resigning after the White House cast him as the prime catalyst for firing Mr Comey, US media reported.

He detailed Mr Comey's "serious mistakes" in a memo to President Trump, just prior to the firing.

Mr Rosenstein reportedly made his threat unless the White House conveyed that the decision began with the president, according to US media.

"I'm not aware of his threatening to resign," White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said on ABC's programme Good Morning America on Thursday.

She maintained that Mr Trump "very much had been thinking about letting Mr Comey go since 9 November".

source

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not to whether Russia did the hack or not.

Will it matter to a jury if the robber stole Winston or Marlboro cigarettes or whether he robbed the 711?
Will it matter if he got tens and twenties or that he emptied the cash register?

The content doesn't matter at all.
edit on 5112017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

How has that been proven false? Dozens of insiders have said that Comey's persistence in the investigation was exactly why he was fired?

Do these insiders have names this time? I tend to think that all these 'insiders' do is lead people on wild goose chases.

FBI agents could be stalking, harassing, and intimidating witnesses that implicate Trump and no one would do anything about it.

Like this witness from the Vince Foster investigation (Patrick Knowlton):

When the selective outrage stops, maybe FBI investigations will be worth taking seriously. Comey is a sleaze, the FBI is corrupt, and any investigation they conduct on the powerful is a carefully crafted joke on the public.

edit on 11-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I hear that McCabe testified today that there is no need for any additional funds to investigate Russian collusion/hacking.
It is looking more like there is something fishy about the story of Comey asking for additional funds.

link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

link   

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

A bunch of partisans making baseless claims proves nothing. IC officials just testified to Congress it'll have no impact on the investigation, including a heavily Dem official who is now the acting-Director of the FBI and has access to all the investigation materials. Your narrative can't get proven much more false than that, unless you think that Democrat Clinton-supporter acting-Director is playing for Trump now. Anything else false you wanna push?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Not to whether Russia did the hack or not.

Will it matter to a jury if the robber stole Winston or Marlboro cigarettes or whether he robbed the 711?
Will it matter if he got tens and twenties or that he emptied the cash register?

The content doesn't matter at all.

He encouraged them to commit a crime for sure, no argument here. The content absolutely does matter because if it's a bunch of innocuous stuff it has no effect on our democracy. You can't get around that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

James Comey was the director. The grunt work, invesigations, reports, etc. continue on. These agents will merely hand over their findings to a different person.

Just as corporations change CEO's and the company continues on, the FBI is tens of thousands of men and women all doing their jobs whether Comey is their boss or someone else is.

Comey doesn't do investigations. He has zero experience in law enforcement. He's a lawyer and executive. Perhaps he was never a good fit to run the FBI. Obama wasn't exactly experienced in how to pick the right person for the right job. Look at his track record.

edit on 11-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

Read it. Lots of claims. Source? "This person" according to WaPo.

Versus the IC officials testifying before Congress today on live TV. I'll take the IC officials, you can have your baseless article from a known liberal mouthpiece.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Oh yeah. If nothing else his sense of self preservation is strong.
That's why he includes exoneration statements in his communique.
His tweet in March "Just learned Obama had my wires tapped at trump tower.
nothing found..."

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: BlueAjah

I hear that McCabe testified today that there is no need for any additional funds to investigate Russian collusion/hacking.
It is looking more like there is something fishy about the story of Comey asking for additional funds.

He ALSO stated that the FBI doesn't request funds for individual case/investigations.

Those two anonymous sources the MSM is constantly quoting regarding a specific funding request for the specific Russia investigation have just been proven to be MSM Fake News BS.
edit on 11-5-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting Side Note:

Narrative busted.

Confused by your posts..

Cool story bro.

Well there is this....

www.rawstory.com...

Then there is this:
zero hedge
DOJ says that he did not threaten to quit.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join