It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Correct. The president and his cronies are still under the gun.
Nothing's changed.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Nothing's changed.

That's correct, they are still being investigated, so insinuating Trump fired Comey to protect himself or influence the investigation is false. Glad you've finally realized that. So far no evidence has emerged of any criminal wrongdoing. If any does, I'll be happy to discuss it.

Now then, I'd appreciate if you'd acknowledge this post and pledge not to advance that lie anymore:

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gandalf77

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

I don't get it...does it matter why he fired him? He can fire him for any reason other than race, gender, sexual orientation, etc...

I guess I am not seeing why it even matters and is worth probing.

He can fire the Director of FBI for any reason?...Sure..Though the only other time it was done, the Dir. was using tax payer funds for home improvement and lied on tax returns etc.

Obstructing or attempting to obstruct Justice is illegal...

Where those two actions intersect is what got Nixon impeached following the Saturday Night Massacre where Nixon fired his AG and Deputy AG when they refused to fire the Special Prosecutor investigating him.

Interesting Side Note:
Trump Friend/advisor/subject of FBI investigation...Roger Stone was a Nixon Advisor and loyalist. He even got a picture of Nixon Tattooed on his back after the scandal..

The ardently Democrat acting Director of the FBI just testified to Congress that the Bureau's investigation into Trump/Russia will not be impacted in any way by Comey being fired. He further testified that no special prosecutor is needed.

Narrative busted.

What narrative? And how was it "busted"?

Confused by your posts..

Lol so now you're gonna play dumb? Your pretending you don't know what I mean is pathetic and childish. The narrative that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the investigation is false and you know it's false yet you still continue to dishonestly insinuate it. Stop lying.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Ah, so you are saying he was perhaps attempting to obstruct justice. But the FBI would still be investigating, even with Comey gone though? So that seems a huge stretch to me.

It wasn't Comey doing the investigating, it's the FBI.

That is certainly an argument being sold...But where does that end? As long as the FBI has one agent assigned to the case he can fire away?

If clear intent to impede the investigation by removing the Head of the FBI is demonstrated?

Is the argument that the head of the FBI is irrelevant to the FBI's work? Or does "obstruction of justice" only stick when it is proven successful? Attempted murder?

I would argue that anyone convicted of "Obstruction of Justice"...was obviously unsuccessful given their conviction.

So the defense that the FBI is still investigating is irrelevant.

It was just testified to Congress that no one has been removed from the investigation. Stop making things up.

You should Google the name James Comey?

He wasn't the investigating agent. The dozens of agents who actually were doing the investigation are still doing it. That was just confirmed to Congress in public. Keep it up with the false narrative though. It's sad.

What's sad/comical is watching the WH narrative fall apart on an almost hourly basis.

Spicy suggested this was all on Rosenstein.
Sounds like Rosenstein wasn't too happy about that.

I can't begin to imagine what the minimum threshold for obtuseness must be to work there...

So Rosenstein is mad that the letter he wrote recommending Comey be fired resulted in Comey being fired?

Cool story bro.

He's mad that he's taking the blame when trump TOLD HIM to write the letter. He's threatened to quit.

You literally just posted fake news. If you do it again you're knowingly spreading lies. Don't spread lies.
DOJ confirms Rosenstein did NOT threaten to resign.

a reply to: butcherguy

Credit for the source. Thank you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

originally posted by: queenofswords

James Comey was the director. The grunt work, invesigations, reports, etc. continue on. These agents will merely hand over their findings to a different person.

He was the Director of the FBI, who amongst other duties reported to Congress on the status of the investigation involving Russia and the Trump Campaign. Apparently that was sufficient to warrant Trump firing him.

It's pretty plain...

Let's make it even plainer,

Comey, by his own testimony said he updated congress on these types of investigations at least quarterly - but also in testimony, he was eight months into investigation before ever notifying congressional oversight committee.

Hmmmm

It wasn't until he was authorized by the Dept of justice to make PUBLIC the investigation that he did.

Congress was notified in closed sessions at least since October last year..

The open investigation (which congress was aware of in classified sessions) was the impetus of Harry Reid's comments during the campaign..

October 30, 2016
Harry Reid accuses Comey of sitting on proof of Trump-Russia ties, possible Hatch Act violation

The pugilistic Reid, who plans to retire after finishing out this term in Congress, penned a blistering letter to Comey Sunday, accusing the FBI chief of holding back “explosive” information about Donald Trump’s close Russian ties while possibly violating the Hatch Act by reviving the Clinton email investigation.

www.cbsnews.com...

Let me know if you are still confused...
edit on 11-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

No lol, managed to get his entire department of justice to resign because they wouldn't fire Archibald Cox.
(after he refused to drop a subpoena for missing tapes recorded in the oval office.)
He finally got some low level councillor to do it. Kind of like trump sending his old body guard instead of a government official to fire Comey .
edit on 5112017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Looks like the GOP will support a special investigation. Into the Trump campaign and Russian connection. uh oh....

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nothing's changed.

HOLY CRAP...

In an interview with Lest Holt..

President Trump just admitted to calling James Comey and asking if he was implicated in the Russia Investigation..

And also having Dinner with Comey to discuss whether he would stay as Director of FBI and asking the same question..

He also admitted the letter by Rosenstein cited by the WH, Pence and everyone else for the past 48 hours as the reason...had nothing to do with it and that he was going to fire him anyways.

Insane...The POTUS repeatedly checking in with the Director of the FBI, once literally in a dinner meeting to discuss whether Trump would keep him on...Asking about if he had been implicated in the investigation!

This makes Loretta Lynch chatting with Bill Clinton about golf between flights ridiculous..

Trump's interview just blew the story that everyone around him has been selling for two days..

The liar makes liars out of everyone that try to explain his lies to the public.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Nothing's changed.

HOLY CRAP...

President Trump just admitted to calling James Comey and asking if he was implicated in the Russia Investigation..

And also having Dinner with Comey to discuss whether he would stay as Director of FBI and asking the same question..

He also admitted the letter by Rosenstein cited by the WH, Pence and everyone else for the past 48 hours as the reason...had nothing to do with it and that he was going to fire him anyways.

Insane...The POTUS repeatedly checking in with the Director of the FBI, once literally in a dinner meeting to discuss whether Trump would keep him on...Asking about if he had been implicated in the investigation!

This makes Loretta Lynch chatting with Bill Clinton about golf between flights ridiculous..

Trump's interview just blew the story that everyone around him has been selling for two days..

The liar makes liars out of everyone that try to explain his lies to the public.

Sounds like a good reason to get a new FBI director doesn't it? The guy repeated did totally inappropriate things like this, overstepping his bounds, divulging information he wasn't supposed to divulge. He should've been fired long ago.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Looks like the GOP will support a special investigation. Into the Trump campaign and Russian connection. uh oh....

Don't hold your breath. Even if they did, it would be appointed by Sessions.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Trump firing a guy for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander" is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time.

Whatever else one might say about Trump, he never fails to deliver the lulz.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
Trump firing a guy for being a "showboat" and a "grandstander" is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a long time.

Don't make things up. That's not why he was fired. There's an official reason, then there's # you people make up to make yourselves feel better. Grow up.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Nothing's changed.

HOLY CRAP...

Sounds like a good reason to get a new FBI director doesn't it? The guy repeated did totally inappropriate things like this, overstepping his bounds, divulging information he wasn't supposed to divulge. He should've been fired long ago.

We have Trump admitting that on 3 occasions he called or asked Comey if he had been implicated in the investigation.

Once over a dinner where Trump said they were discussing if he would keep his job.

That is what Trump has clearly said and admitted.

He also admitted the justification for firing Comey sold by the WH was BS.

So all we know for certain is that the President actively used his position to find out the status of an investigation that involved his campaign and whether it implicated him directly.

And he did so on one occasion while discussing Comey's job and whether the President would keep him on or not.

THAT is what the President said/admitted!

We DO NOT have Comey's side of the story about how he answered those questions trump asked.

STUNNING to be frank here...

This is still spinning sideways.

Spicer, Huckabee, Pence, Conway were all just made outright liars by the President's interview.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Once upon a time, a long long time ago, in a kingdom by the sea....

Oh! well that's how most fairy tales start. I thought I'd give you a hand.

My well researched garbage you mean...but of course I'm fake news... I'm flattered.
You guys hit hardest at the ones who get under your skin the most.
And that's anyone presenting actual facts.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

DId you even read Rosenstein's letter? It appears not. Just the last paragraph

The way the Director handled the conclusion of the email investigation was wrong. As a result, the F.B.I. is unlikely to regain public and congressional trust until it has a Director who understands the gravity of the mistakes and pledges never to repeat them. Having refused to admit his errors, the Director cannot be expected to implement the necessary corrective actions.”

How can you sign your name to that and then cry foul when the people making the decision concur and move forward with a replacement? The deputy AG advised his boss the AG then the AG advised the President. It is within the lawful powers of the President to act or not on those recommendations.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Sorry, here's the source:

www.nbcnews.com...

The president also reiterated his claim that he had been planning to fire Comey even before he received Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein's recommendation to do so.

"He's a showboat, he's grandstander, the FBI has been in turmoil," Trump said of Comey in his wide-ranging interview with Holt. "You know that, I know that. Everybody knows that. You take a look at the FBI a year ago, it was in virtual turmoil, less than a year ago. It hasn't recovered from that."

Also, less snark, condescension and vitriol toward other ATSers would do wonders for your delivery. It's painful to read and never leads anywhere good.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Don't make things up. That's not why he was fired. There's an official reason, then there's # you people make up to make yourselves feel better. Grow up.

uhhh...Those were the Presidents own words in the Lester Holt interview?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Nothing's changed.

HOLY CRAP...

We have Trump admitting that on 3 occasions he called or asked Comey if he had been implicated in the investigation.

Once over a dinner where Trump said they were discussing if he would keep his job.

That is what Trump has clearly said and admitted.

He also admitted the justification for firing Comey sold by the WH was BS.

So all we know for certain is that the President actively used his position to find out the status of an investigation that involved his campaign and whether it implicated him directly.

And he did so on one occasion while discussing Comey's job and whether the President would keep him on or not.

THAT is what the President said/admitted!

We DO NOT have Comey's side of the story about how he answered those questions trump asked.

STUNNING to be frank here...

This is still spinning sideways.

Spicer, Huckabee, Pence, Conway were all just made outright liars by the President's interview.

Because I'm not a partisan mouthpiece like some people here, I will acknowledge it's inappropriate for the President to ask that. However it's not illegal, and let's be honest here anybody would ask that. It's incumbent on the Director to do his job, uphold his oath and his responsibilities, and not answer that. The fact he answered just demonstrates that he didn't belong in that job. The President knowing he's not the focus of the investigation doesn't effect the outcome of the investigation. The big story there is how irresponsible it was for Comey to do that, and just reinforces why he needed to be fired. He had a pattern of inappropriately disclosing information like that and making poor decisions, not being a good leader. He needed to go.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

uhhh...Those were the Presidents own words in the Lester Holt interview?

I'm not saying he didn't say that. I'm saying that's not the primary reason he fired him. The primary reasons he fired him are outlined in the letter from the Deputy AG to the President, and they are all very good reasons that are not in dispute. The fact he thought he was a showboat in addition to all of those more logical reasons, what exactly are you trying to prove with that? That means nothing.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The cover up is coming from trump and trump alone. He's the one in panic mode.
He's the one trying so hard to make this go away.
In this case lol the intent , hee hee, was to obstruct. Whether he's successful isn't the issue. He intended to...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

In the Lester Holt Interview President Trump admitted that he was going to fire Comey before Rosenstein wrote the letter..

When asked if he asked for Rosenstein to write the letter...he didn't answer and shuffled onto a different topic.

Trump was trying to CYA with the letter...which lays bare the entire lie that the WH house has been telling about Trump's reasons for firing Comey for the past 48 hours.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My well researched garbage you mean...but of course I'm fake news... I'm flattered.
You guys hit hardest at the ones who get under your skin the most.
And that's anyone presenting actual facts.

Ah, like when you claimed that someone died from p*** gate and then had to admit you were wrong and you hadn't researched that, at all, before typing another one of your 13,000+ garbage comments in just over a year.

Gotcha.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join