It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What about this Carter Page guy?

Page was one of five people named by Donald Trump as his foreign policy advisors when he responded to a question in a March 2016 interview with the editors of the Washington Post.[21] Despite this statement by Trump, members of his campaign staff claimed in September 2016 that Page had never met or briefed Trump.[3]
Mikhail Leontyev, spokesman for Russia's Rosneft, said in 2016 that Carter Page was "an extremely well-informed, authoritative expert on Russia" and that he had a good reputation in the oil industry.[22]
In September 2016, U.S. intelligence officials investigated alleged contacts between Page and Russian officials subject to U.S. sanctions, including Igor Sechin.[4] Page rejected the accusations and said he would take a leave of absence from Trump's campaign

Link

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Thats the one I couldnt remember.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Or Roger Stone?

Sure some interesting characters Trump surrounded himself with.

Despite calling Stone a "stone-cold loser" in a 2008 interview[22] and accusing him of seeking too much publicity in a statement shortly after Stone left the campaign,[63] Donald Trump praised him during an appearance in December 2015 on Alex Jones' radio show that was orchestrated by Stone. "Roger's a good guy," Trump said. "He's been so loyal and so wonderful."[64] Stone remained an informal advisor to and media surrogate for Trump throughout the campaign.

However, Stone has repeatedly acknowledged that he had established a back-channel with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to obtain information on Hillary Clinton.[85][83][80]
link

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Yup him to...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Trump Lawyered up now it seems.

Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

Link

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Trump Lawyered up now it seems.

Trump Hires Law Firm to Fight Suggestions of Russia Business Ties

Link

Yes and No... In this instance the government cant represent Trump in the legal matter since it deals with his business as a private citizen.

It is just an official response to Grahms request.

I think Grahm is going to have issues getting the info with no evidence to support the request.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
James Comey speaks out.
Says he didn't tell president he was not under investigation.

And he said trump demanded he pledge loyalty to him.
Comey refused. He said he could promise to always be honest with him but he could not pledge fealty to him.

nymag.com...

And the original story in the times

www.nytimes.com... egion®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

edit on 5122017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well, well.. Grassley and Feinstein both confirm Trump's assertion that he is NOT under any investigation.

www.breitbart.com...

Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement,” he said. Feinstein then said after Grassley’s statement, “I very much appreciate what you’ve said and it’s very accurate, and we were briefed.” Grassley said that, shortly after Comey had briefed them, he had tweeted that the then-FBI director should be more transparent. “I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the President,” he said. “Now Mr. Comey is no longer the FBI director. But the FBI should still follow my advice. It should confirm to the public whether it is or is not investigating the President. Because it has failed to make this clear, speculation has run rampant.” During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing last week, Comey refused to confirm whether the president was under FBI investigation, saying that doing so put him on a slippery slope of having to answer who else is or is not under investigation. “I understand why he took that position, but I don’t agree – at least not when it comes to the President and senior government officials. The American people deserve to know if senior government officials are under active criminal or intelligence investigation,” Grassley said. The speculation went into overdrive on Wednesday, after Trump fired Comey in a surprise move. In Trump’s letter to Comey announcing the firing, he wrote: “I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation.” Grassley said wild speculation that the FBI is targeting the president is “not just irresponsible and unfounded,” but also played into Russian goals to undermine the American public’s faith in democratic institutions. “It provides aid and comfort to the Russians and their goal of undermining faith in our democracy,” he said. Grassley also suggested other committee members get briefed by the FBI on “what is actually going on” before the committee does anything more in its investigation on Russian interference in the election. “Hopefully, that will help temper some of the unsubstantiated statements that have been made,” he said.

How embarrassing for the fake news media and those that spread innuendo with zero evidence.
The fact Comey would not make this clear to the American public suggests he was happy for the speculation to continue, thus aiding the Democrats and fake news media, and is likely one reason he was fired.

Meanwhile CNN are NOT reporting this new information from the Senate investigation leaders. I wonder why?
edit on 12/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You right wingers trying to spin this are so freaking stupid. DO YOU IDIOTS ACTUALLY THINK ANYONE THAT HAS A CLUE BELIEVES A WORD OF YOUR BS?!?!

Trump and his press secretary ON NATIONAL TV admitted that Comey was fired because he was investigating Trump.

YOU CANNOT FIRE SOMEONE INVESTIGATING YOU unless you want to create a constitutional crisis!!!

Utter rubbish. There has been no 'admission' that Comey was fired because he was investigating Trump. In fact it has been confirmed today that Trump is not, and never has been, under investigation. Perhaps you should dial down your consumption of CNN and other fake news.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trumps own words from Lester Holt interview
"In fact when I decided to do just it, I said to myself, I said, you know this Russia thing with trump and Russia is a made up story. An excuse by the democrats for losing an election they should have won"

In fact when I decided to just do it...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Comey did not speak out.

Two sources said Comey told them that during the dinner, Trump asked him to pledge his loyalty to him. Comey said he could only promise honesty, so later Trump circled back:

By Mr. Comey’s account, his answer to Mr. Trump’s initial question apparently did not satisfy the president, the associates said. Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty.

Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him “honesty” and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation.

But Mr. Trump pressed him on whether it would be “honest loyalty.”

“You will have that,” Mr. Comey told his associates he responded.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

"In fact when I decided to do just it, I said to myself, I said, you know this Russia thing with trump and Russia is a made up story. An excuse by the democrats for losing an election they should have won"

The President is saying that he fired Comey IN SPITE OF the "he's trying to ditch the Russian probe" blowback that would surely come from Democrats and liberal MSM. That's pretty obvious, SillOlMe.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What kind of dinner was that? Sounds like a mafia meeting, with various levels of pledges to the Don.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

BS. He was talking about the timing and the expected fall out, not the reason he fired him. Just more partisan nonsense, taking a snippet of words and spinning.

"But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey, KNOWING (Trumps' emphasis) there was no good time to do it, and in fact when I decided to do just it, I said to myself, I said, you know this Russia thing with trump and Russia is a made up story. An excuse by the democrats for losing an election they should have won"

At no point has Trump or anyone in his team said the reason he fired Comey was because he was investigating Trump.
As we know, Trump is not even being investigated.

Lifting words, interpreting them to fit a false narrative, and then spinning is not going to work. The game is up for Democrats, there is nothing at all to the Trump/Russian collusion lie and there is NO investigation into Trump.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Comey spoke to them. Read the story.
Here's a question trump said Comey asked for the dinner to ask to be kept on...when he's only on year three of a ten year tenure. Why would Comey go and plead for his job when he knows he has seven more years unless he gets fired?

Another quote not in that article Comey said he couldn't tell the president he was not under investigation. Saying he can't answer that and frankly sir you don't want me to.
According to those same two people.
I guess Comey will make a direct statement after consulting with council. Surely before the weekend is over. If not early next week.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Comey spoke to them. Read the story.

I posted the relevant bit. Doesn't prove that Comey spoke to them and given the snips of quotes, I doubt the context. Regardless, Comey didn't speak to the author of that article.

Why would Comey go and plead for his job when he knows he has seven more years unless he gets fired?

You answered your own question.

Another quote not in that article Comey said he couldn't tell the president he was not under investigation. Saying he can't answer that and frankly sir you don't want me to.

You should source that.

I guess Comey will make a direct statement after consulting with council. Surely before the weekend is over. If not early next week.

I'm eagerly anticipating it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have ears I heard what he said.

This is more of that crap like during the campaign. He said _______ but he meant___________.

Thanks Kelly Ann....

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Ok.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Ok.

I noted that the snippet you posted was exactly what CNN posted - missing out the context. You need to double and triple check anything CNN reports and get the full context, otherwise you just end up parroting propaganda and misleading people.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Sure you doubt it. It contradicts lyin trumps version of events.

What about his claim of the FBI being in turmoil? That the rank and file had lost confidence in Comey?

McCabe put that puppy to bed pretty quick .

What happened to the original story told by Huckabee, Pence and Spicer, where Comey was fired because Rosenstein wrote a letter?

See Holt interview... trump contradicted them all.

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join