It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Nazca lines PROVE that dinosaurs co-existed with humans in the recent past?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Most of you probably have heard about the mysterious Nazca Lines - for those that have'nt here is a quote from Wikipedia: The Nazca Lines are a series of large ancient geoglyphs in the Nazca Desert, in southern Peru. The largest figures are up to 1,200 ft (370 m) long. They were designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.

Discovered in 1927, this large area in the Peru mountains is littered with line drawings of animals like birds, monkeys, and DINOSAURS ???!!! ...

Wait, dinosaurs? Really??? ... Just how could the people living between 500 BCE and 500 CE possibly have known what a dinosaur looked like, supposedly (edit: non-avian) dinosaurs went extinct sixty-five million years ago.

Perhaps those people lived alongside real dinosaurs? Is this a proof that dinosaurs co-existed with humans in our recent history?

-MM
edit on 9-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: Added "non-avian"

edit on 9-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Looks like a bird to me. To make a leap to dinosaurs from that glyph is really quite absurd and it doesn't "prove" anything of the sort.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well birds are dinosaurs. So I guess you could say that.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Well birds are dinosaurs. So I guess you could say that.

Birds, yes. But sixty-five million years ago, the last of the non-avian dinosaurs went extinct.

-MM
edit on 9-5-2017 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Really and truly we don't even know if birds came from dinosaurs, we have some scientist that would like us to believe that theory/fantasy. I will go with bird as there are loads of drawing like that world wide.

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Albatross.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I thought exactly the same thing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think if you examine the specimen further, you will notice the feathers.
Here, I will zoom it in for everyone, notice the detail in the eyes...

LOL..JK

Very cool picture, thanks for sharing

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It sort of looks like this may have been the model. www.bagheera.com...

Or maybe something similar to this thousand pound turkey. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Really and truly we don't even know if birds came from dinosaurs, we have some scientist that would like us to believe that theory/fantasy.

Birds do come from dinosaurs-some species of dinosaurs share the same hip bone structure as birds, dinosaur feathers has been found in fossils and amber, and the earliest known bird known as Archeopteryx existed around the time of the K/T event AKA the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Not theory or fantasy, the proof is out there.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone shake their tail feathers or do the turkey trot, now it could of been a drawing after the ancients found a chicken and gave it a prawn phaal curry and the tail end is merely the exhaust fumes being blown.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
There is no proof that dinosaurs turned into birds, there may be things that appear to point to that being so. But......truly no proof.
Back in the day, there were big elephants, big bulls and big birds. Some like to call them dinosaurs, I call them big birds. I would like to see a real fossil that was half bird and half dinosaur mind you.

edit on 9-5-2017 by ancientthunder because: missing line

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

2 things it could be.

A rhea (or other flightless bird) or a terror bird.

Terror birds went extinct 1.8 million yeas ago.

It's totally possible that somebody found a fossil when digging a cistern or something.

And added it to the nazca plain.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-5-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Looks like a bird to me. To make a leap to dinosaurs from that glyph is really quite absurd and it doesn't "prove" anything of the sort.

Then how do you explain the tiny arms in addition to the wings, birds don't have stubby arms like that but many Theropod dinosaurs do, look at T-Rex for example.

-MM

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

A bird with a long tail, 4 legs and no wings, I agree it's definetly a bird

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There are thousands of images on the Ica stones of dinosaurs
Nobody can explain how the people who drew on the stones knew what those dinosaurs could have looked like, unless dinosaurs lived with man
Still, it's obviously a 4 legged bird with no wings and a big huge heavy tail that would stop it flying

Seriously, ats is social media for children now

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dinosaurs don't exist.

They were made up to discredit Jesus.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
lol...

classic

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Well evidently scientific evidence and the fossil record would indicate they did.
It would also appear they lived when mankind lived as well

You weirdo fundies are all the same

www.ancient-wisdom.com...

“Megasthenes writeth, that there be serpents among the Indians to that bignesse, that they are able to swallow stags or buls all whole….Attilius Regulaus, generall under the Romanes, during the warres against the Carthaginians, assailed a Serpent neere the river Bagrada, which caried in length 120 foot…” Book 8 Pliny’s Natural History

s8int.com...

So leave your childish faith at the door and learn to study history and evidence

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join