It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Nazca lines PROVE that dinosaurs co-existed with humans in the recent past?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Raggedyman

Alrighty, Ken.

Lysergic you are a fundie atheist religious weirdo with no clue
Stop and think, engage your brain
You are to atheism what Wesboro is to christianity, wako

And you are so arrogant you cant see what you are

Stop and think, engage your brain

I know my words here are wasted because you are all ancy, defensive, tough and ready to fight your fight, but

Think about what kind of a person you are being when your testosterone has had its daily outing fighting on the keyboard
edit on 10-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Seriously, yes there were Dinos on the ark, I dont care what you think of me Ak
We have different theologies and philosophies,

All the power too ya brother lol

Take your own advice though... just trying to save you the embarrassment.

personally i couldn't care less IF your beliefs align with one of the biggest asshats that walk the earth

have fun with that

All power to you and whatever you believe Ak, sincerely
No asshat comments, no saying you should be embarrassed for what you believe (even though you hide it), no I dont care less, nothing, not even a lol
All power to you

I was wrong
Dont lower yourself to being an arrogant self righteous bitter, know it all,

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

just common sense man...

something you seem to lack...

whatever though

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

originally posted by: ancientthunder
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
I would like to see a real fossil that was half bird and half dinosaur mind you.

And I would like to see more people on this site who have at least an elementary understanding of how evolution works.

it wasnt till AD after Darwin that anybody uncovered any bones of dinosaurs, now that evolution.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

it wasnt till AD after Darwin that anybody uncovered any bones of dinosaurs,

False. Really false.
www.enchantedlearning.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

1995 called and asked for its website back.

Oh great...1998 just called and asked for its joke back.

On topic - Nazca lines prove that lots of spare time leads to creative pastimes.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Big lizards yeah I can go with that

The Greeks and Romans may have found fossils

"may have" sounds like they are not sure. But I agree they may have.

Reverend Plot. It was thought that the bone belonged to a "giant," but was probably from a dinosaur.

"probably" more doubt.

The first dinosaur fossil found in the US was a thigh bone found by Dr. Caspar Wistar, in Gloucester County, New Jersey, in 1787 (it has since been lost, but more fossils were later found in the area).

It could be sounds like they found some large bones, but the fact that it has since been lost sounds odd.

!a reply to: Phage

edit on 10-5-2017 by ancientthunder because: add a few points

edit on 10-5-2017 by ancientthunder because: add two words

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

There is no proof that dinosaurs turned into birds, there may be things that appear to point to that being so. But......truly no proof.
Back in the day, there were big elephants, big bulls and big birds. Some like to call them dinosaurs, I call them big birds. I would like to see a real fossil that was half bird and half dinosaur mind you.

That has to be the most clueless thing I have ever read on this site.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

It could be sounds like they found some large bones, but the fact that it has since been lost sounds odd.

Keep reading. Dinosaur bones were found before Darwin.

Of course, your personal filter may remove that fact from your personal reality.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Phage I will read more! love the mega lizards and the small ones too.
a reply to: Phage

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Dinosaurs were not lizards. In the same way human ancestors were not monkeys.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry to offend you so much, but dont take it out on the whole of ATS. Have a look at this quote and you may just get a glimpse of what I am pointing to.

There is a popular question as to whether dinosaurs and reptiles are different or similar. It seems to be a basic and interesting topic in reptile biology and paleobiology. In order to answer this question, the present chapter compares these two species. The earliest reptiles are known from the early Pennsylvanian (323–317 million years ago), and the amniote egg evolved in the earliest reptiles. This allowed for the first true occupation of the land by tetrapods. The term ―archosaur‖ had come to include crocodiles, dinosaurs, and a wide variety of primitive Triassic reptiles. The continuity of meaning is intended to prevent confusion about what the term ―dinosaur‖ means. There is a wide consensus among paleontologists that birds are the descendants of theropod dinosaurs. The skeletal structures of saurischian dinosaurs are interpreted as osteological correlates of air sacs and pneumatic diverticula similar to that of birds, but no evidence of air-sac respiration has been found in ornithischian dinosaurs. The pelvis in the saurischian dinosaurs resembles that of still-extant reptiles, but in the ornithischian dinosaurs the pubic bone of the pelvis has forward and backward extensions that resemble those found in birds. That is, it is possible to consider that modern birds are extinct dinosaurs, and it is also possible to recognize dinosaurs as a group of extinct reptiles. In conclusion, it is not logical to classify all dinosaurs in a single order; therefore, two types of dinosaur should be at least distinguished by respiratory and structural differences.

That is, it is possible to consider that modern birds are extinct dinosaurs, and it is also possible to recognize dinosaurs as a group of extinct reptiles. Looks like the possiblities are there!

a reply to: defiythelie

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Does that mean that according to what you believe that Dinosaurs are not related to Lizards?a reply to: Phage
If so you have blown my mind!

The word dinosaur literally means "terrible, powerful, wondrous lizards." The word became popular after biologist and paleontologist, Sir Richard Owen coined the term "Dinosauria" in 1841. The word dinosaur derives from two greek words (deinos) "terrible, powerful, wondrous" + (sauros) "lizard".

I have been mislead.Never mind start all over again.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There is no proof that dinosaurs turned into birds, there may be things that appear to point to that being so. But......truly no proof.
Back in the day, there were big elephants, big bulls and big birds. Some like to call them dinosaurs, I call them big birds. I would like to see a real fossil that was half bird and half dinosaur mind you.

Why on earth would you call a big elephant or big bull (mammals) dinosaurs? The very word means great reptile, that's what dinosaur means. They are clearly on the evolutionary path to become what we now think of as elephants and bovine species. The evolution from Archeopteryx to modern day birds is also fact, not sure where you are getting your information from.
edit on 10-5-2017 by uncommitted because: whoops, reptile, not lizard

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
iWhat I was saying is back in those days long ago, there were big versions of many of the animals that we have now. At least is what we have been told. The original post has a simple petroglyph of what looks like a type of bird. Some see a dinosaur and some see it as a bird. I said there is no proof that dinosaurs turned into birds. Then I continued to say there were many big mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians. Now, I hope that answered your question. a reply to: uncommitted

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Why on earth would you call a big elephant or big bull (mammals) dinosaurs? The very word means great reptile, that's what dinosaur means. They are clearly on the evolutionary path to become what we now think of as elephants and bovine species. The evolution from Archeopteryx to modern day birds is also fact, not sure where you are getting your information from.

The evolution from dinosaur to bird is fact, really, not sure where you got that from,,a children's book I guess, with very nice pictures

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

iWhat I was saying is back in those days long ago, there were big versions of many of the animals that we have now. At least is what we have been told. The original post has a simple petroglyph of what looks like a type of bird. Some see a dinosaur and some see it as a bird. I said there is no proof that dinosaurs turned into birds. Then I continued to say there were many big mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians. Now, I hope that answered your question. a reply to: uncommitted

No, you're just talking rubbish. By the way, Mammoths were comparable in size to the elephant of today. Sorry, I'm guessing you use your ATS account as a spoof.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The evolution from dinosaur to bird is fact, really, not sure where you got that from,,a children's book I guess, with very nice pictures

Errr, are you suggesting that Archeopteryx was not a species in the transitional evolution from dinosaur to bird? Really? I shouldn't really have to provide anything to back up such a statement, it actually embarrasses me to feel the need, but if I must.....

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Errr, are you suggesting that Archeopteryx was not a species in the transitional evolution from dinosaur to bird? Really? I shouldn't really have to provide anything to back up such a statement, it actually embarrasses me to feel the need, but if I must.....

www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

Is that it, seriously, that's evidence
How does that constitute evidence, how in any way does that constitute evidence

Read the words, the descriptive words
Contentious
Considered
Accepted
May have
May well
Probably
Science is fact, not assumption
You have no idea what you are talking about, smoke and mirrors and religious like faith in scientists

Step your game up please
A fossil proves nothing other than it once lived

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Wow, I thought the post I originally responded to was being sarcastic. Some elements are classed as assumptions based on the fact that there wasn't any human being there to actually witness events first hand.

I'll walk away just shaking my head

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join