It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists have no answers

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Padawan Raggedyman

This is not a game of one upmanship but a thread making baseless assertions.

At least you went one step further a spoke about science, thank you for that. However thats nothing to do with atheism digger.

I guess you really didnt say Atheists dont have the answers. So i take that back. Apologies there.

Coomba98

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: coomba98

Begging the OP on page 24 of an epic thread is just shy of disgraceful. The fact that the OP is still around to acknowledge your begging and personal jabs is more than generous.

Stop stalling and make a point.

Its not begging its reassurting the premise of the OP.
And i have made my point a few times like other people here, ill say it again incase you missed it;

What are the questions that atheists dont have the answer to!

Suprised you missed it!

Coomba98
edit on 11-5-2017 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What are the questions that atheists dont have the answer to!

Answer for the second time.
I refuse to list them on every page.
Read the gawdamn you know what,
here. For the last time. I know I'm out on limb here believing
you're capable of sitting on your ass and not just hearing but actually
listening? Please try not to let me down.

Atheists only have questions for Christianity
Because they have no coherent answers

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

So you make a thread sprouting out an assertion, yet refuse to elaborate on what your asserting! Hmm how intelligent of you.

I dont have time to watch a video at the moment as im at work. Posting in my smoke breaks.

How about writing one or two questions atheists dont have the answer for? Just one or two!

Also atheism is not just about Christianity but all god claims. But just the god claims nothing else!

Coomba98

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hmm how intelligent of you.

Ya and you're still here.

Also atheism is not just about Christianity but all god claims. But just the god claims nothing else! Coomba98

I don't even see any reason to take this out of context.

edit on Rpm51117v30201700000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Hmm how intelligent of you.

Ya and you're still here.

You see everything.

And you're still here.
Lova ya, ranz.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Woodcarver

The scientific method, what, the method that is
Repeatable
Observable and
Testable
Yeah right
And looking to scientists for answers, really, you want me to believe a scientist, like those who said tobacco was fine for your health, that the sugar industry is healthy, global warming, big pharma, but hey, I should trust these scientists because? You do, every word, your holy men.
you don't trust observable and repeatable results from scientists because the tobacco and sugar companies paid a bunch of doctors and politicians to lie in the early 1900's?

I think I will look at the evidence and make my own opinion, I actually trust myself above a scientist on some matters. Yes I am that smart
but you regularly misconstrue what the "science" says, showing beyond a reasonable doubt that you in fact do not understand the science. It does make sense when you read it and apply it to the world around us and what we can actually demonstrate. You don't understand evolution because you are not a biologist. It really is just as simple as that. It takes years of study to become a biologist. They give out phd's for this stuff because it is difficult to understand. It is however a fact that can easily be proven.

Atheists don't have the answers I want because they don't have the science to back up their theory. You have your confirmation bias, I have mine
you are conflating atheists with science again. Why? I literally have said this about four times now. You are misconstruing what atheists are, and you don't even care because you won't even acknoledge that i keep saying this over and over.

Twist words, you don't understand what you are talking about,mscientific method? Really.
yes the scientific method. It is a thing. There is also the socratic method. It is a thing. Study them both for about a week each. Please.

Now as for my attitude to atheism and atheists.
I look at fundamentalist atheists like you and shake my head, others...

i see that you are trying to use the term fundementalist as an attack? Or to describe some type of atheist who is worse than other atheists? It just sounds odd. I guess this is another attempt to misconstrue what atheism is. I guess a better term for you to call us could be "radical atheists". That sounds better to me. Atheism is a pretty radical break from the religious paradigm that has literally ruled and lived in the minds of humans for the last 200,000 years.

I'm sure that when you look at us, all you can do is shake your head, because you really can't understand or accept what we say we are. You need to cut and paste little labels of your own choosing and then argue about that. It is far more difficult for you to deal with the simplicity of us just not believing what you say is the truth. No, we must be evil demon worshiping, liars who hate god and everything that is good. That is what you sound like, and i think the majority of people will read your posts and ignore it because they know that you are just trying to protect your own way of dealing with the world. For that i can't fault you, but, there is far more to it than that. You are actively denying actual facts because they don't fit your very own version of religion. You are not even a christian per se, you are some amalgam of all religions. You have plucked out all of the things you like and even made some stuff up from scratch, and you bring this model in as your foundation. But you also use parts of the bible. But only the parts you like and some parts that you have reinterpreted to mean something that only you would believe. You literally made up your own religion and when questioned about it you demand that everyone prove you wrong. You are the worst candidate for these discussions because i think you are literally not capable of reason and logic. However, i fear the damage you cause spread across the world if you had a platform and nobody stood up and pointed out why your ideas are bad and why they don't work in the world we live in. Prayers don't get favors from god. God won't heal your sick children. Giving to a church will not return 7 fold. Or whatever you do believe in. Your odd ideas are on the way out. There used to be 20 people in these forums arguing against me and now there are only 4 or 5 hold outs. Maybe i'm not changing any minds, but at least i'm getting these points out there in a logical way. There are those out there who are far better at this than me, but i don't mind eating up some small fish.

I have many atheist friends who I am closer to than most christians. I see better values and moral consideration in many of those friends than people I know in church
I am ashamed to say of the majority of atheists I know compared to christians, the atheists are better people. Simple fact, even here on these boards to a degree
i'm stunned you would say this as you are adament that atheists are blood thirsty killers. Why do you bring up the stalin, pol pot thing, and then say that atheists are more polite than your christian folks at church? Your argument is by-polar, one week you are for something, the next minute, it's the friggin devil.

As for answering questions, most seem infantile or unreasonable, just answered on Aks thread on the ark and dinosaurs. It wasn't the answer he wanted
The answers are always there, you just don't want to accept them.
that is funny, because i see people offering you lots of links and polite discussion. You want to focus in on the guys who bring the convo to the gutter, because that is really what you want. You certainly don't come here to discuss the topics that are important.

So when you talk about the scientific method, talk about evolution in the same breath, stop take a deep breath and realise what you are saying is just a pure religious like faith that you hold in scientists, your holy men, your religious leaders, your gods

You have no idea what you just said. And the irony is that there is probably some evolutionary explanation for why there are people like you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

At least you know how to have fun Buzzy.

You had to know I would go here.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I know you, man. We got this.
*highfive*

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You have no idea what you just said. And the irony is that there is probably some evolutionary explanation for why there are people like you

Nevermind the history right? Nevermind the scholars.
Why do you keep embarrassing yourself?

It's wood carved nickles and cherry picking time when it comes to being
rational about your own destiny.

Every human being on this planet is given the chance to shape their
destiny. Many will squander that chance.

edit on Rpm51117v00201700000012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Enough with the "can't answer questions" argument already!

There are some questions religion can't answer.

There are some questions atheism can't answer.

Both are the same in this regard.

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Religion's answer to every question about God's behavior is that God is mysterious. That he's so intelligent, nothing he does can be measured by human reasoning.

It's like in the story of the "Emperor has no clothes". If you can't see his magnificent robes, it must be because you're not wise enough.

The only question Atheism (or science) can't answer is: where does the soul go when you die? And it kind of can..... just you wouldn't like its answer.

Thats very inaccurate
God is very clear
Just because you are blind doesnt mean the clothes are not there
God is love, love demands justice so God is justice.
You just dont like justice and how it is meted out
So you rail against the justice, everybody wants to escape justice and live according to their desire, sorry, it cant happen that way.

I love justice. Religion speaks about justice being great, but then totally fails to propose any mechanism by which to achieve it.

Its mechanism is for everyone to freely choose to behave justly. A plan which would only work if every human on Earth were the same, and nobody ever randomly chose to embrace false beliefs about justice.

But a world exclusively full of people like that would not be a world of human beings. So religion proposes a way by which a non-human population might enjoy justice.

I'm more interested in seeing justice prevail in this world.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So this is a troll tread so you can feel good about yourself.

Thought so but a part of me thought you were serious.

What would Jesus say to you about your actions and conduct? He'd be ashamed you were his follower.

Coomba98

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Did I ever tell you how we did Jesus Christ Superstar as a church movie thing? Yeah! My church (Trinity Episcopal) had a youth group that I was in. I was also in the choir. Anyway, our youth group (which included the sons of Father Matthews) had a project. We made a movie/video to the soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar.

That song "I don't know how to love him" was one of the choir songs, I recall that.

Anyway, yeah. Trinity Episcopal Church. It was pretty cool. 70s.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I don't understand this I feel great!
Thank you Jesus

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Thought so but a part of me thought you were serious.

What would Jesus say to you about your actions and conduct? He'd be ashamed you were his follower.

Coomba98

No. This is a "welcome distraction" thread. Jesus would say that randyvs is a fantastic sales rep.

He would probably write you up for inordinately abrasive behavior.
But, I'm just guessing.

From what I've been taught. You know.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Is there any way I could see that Buzzy? That would be to cool!
edit on Rpm51117v09201700000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
And while I'm at it:

Buddhism, Science And The Western World

I'd be happy to copy and paste some excerpts, but since I'm tired, and I doubt you'd look at them anyway, I'm just going to leave that link and bid you all buenas noches.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

oh wow, no. My mom might have it on video tape, possibly. But yeah, that was back in like 1973 or 74.....eight-millimeter film was more prevalent.

I'll ask her though.

mk?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Okay if it's a big hassle I don't want you spending a lot of time and energy.
But if you ever happen stance the opportunity?

Lord I would love to see it girl!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

And thanks for being a super member Mrs.Wigs.
edit on Rpm51117v19201700000053 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join