It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: dianajune

Do they still have drills in schools when kids practice hiding from nuclear blasts? We used to do that in elementary school. I remember going into a long dark basement corridor that had these yellow stickers on the white walls. Why the government thought those places were safe, is beyond me.

I don't know if they still have those drills. I was in elementary school in the mid-60's and early 70's and remember the nuke drills where we were supposed to hide under our desks and cover our heads with both hands.

Like that would protect us from a nuclear blast. Not!

Perhaps the gov't just wanted us to think that would make us safe???!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Agreed. I believe that if push comes to shove, that China will ally with Russia.

Kim might think our Minuteman test will be provocative.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

That makes sense. President Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon wanted us to "feel" safer and cared for. There was also a mandatory vaccine that all kids had to get. I think it was polio.

I wonder if any type of national directives will come from the Senate/Trump pow-wow tomorrow? The government might start issuing radiation poisoning antidote pills for us to stock up on.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

There's no other reason for 'testing' a Minuteman missile. We did the same thing when Putin started talking big about facing off with NATO. We 'test' these things to remind the world that we have the potential to hit them. That's all.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

You guys think having congress meet IS to provocative to North Korea?

Is it truly the last straw?

I'MO Kim wouldn't launch missiles without some sort of attack against NK. Then I am think he would go nuts.

I don't think it's provocative towards Kim. I think it shows the President is informing other branches of our government and is looking to start getting them on board with future sanctions and potential military action. He's going to need that moving forward obviously.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Having all of the senate join him in the white house points towards more drastic steps being taken.... Because of the media flood I haven't been able to find firm date on the last time (if ever) thats happened.... reddit suggests it wasn't since 1950. With that in mind I would consider this move to be something more than just 'informing' the Senate about further sanctions... The problem with sanctions is that it's up to China to enforce those sanctions... and since China really does whatever they want matter how they want to sugar coat it in their various and extensive diplomatic circles? No this is not an informative meeting.

edit on 25-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: sp

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

There's no other reason for 'testing' a Minuteman missile. We did the same thing when Putin started talking big about facing off with NATO. We 'test' these things to remind the world that we have the potential to hit them. That's all.

Agreed. Although in this case I'm not sure it's really needed. I'm not necessarily against it, just sayin' I don't know if we even need to let a Minuteman fly at the moment.

We have a carrier group parking off the coast, and some sketch reports that a couple more may be moved or are being moved. THAAD is finishing up deployment in SK, and a nuke sniffer is deployed in the area. Japan has a couple of ships joining us. Forces from the concluding drills with SK are still there. I'm also quite confident that we have more than one sub off their coast aside from the one we put to port in SK as another demonstration. I'd also wager we're quite set on the bomber front already as well. Oh and China has 175,000 troops sitting on the border.

Of course on the other hand, if we're doing all of that, why not? They're getting older anyway. Looks like production of new missiles of this type stopped in 1978, although they have a budget of 311 million dollars yearly as of 2015. ( to maintain readiness and for upgrades etc.)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Having all of the senate join him in the white house points towards more drastic steps being taken.... Because of the media flood I haven't been able to find firm date on the last time (if ever) thats happened.... reddit suggests it wasn't since 1950. With that in mind I would consider this move to be something more than just 'informing' the Senate about further sanctions... The problem with sanctions is that it's up to China to enforce those sanctions... and since China really does whatever they want matter how they want to sugar coat it in their various and extensive diplomatic circles? No this is not an informative meeting.

I agree with you. I just think sanctions will at least be discussed as a prelude to more drastic, but in my opinion, needed action. I'd discuss it first before broaching the subject of seeking support from them for military action is all.

I would also wager that a meeting in the White House is a much more controlled environment than the House floor or offices there if that makes sense? Although I'm wondering if information wouldn't start coming out directly after, if not during the meeting. Keeping 100 politicians from talking for even an hour seems quite impossible.

Something is coming, imho. Forces are in place, or will be within the next couple of days. Of course, there's always going to be things we have no clue about. As serious as the situation appears to us on the outside, it may potentially be worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All the news media are intentionally ignoring the fact that Senator McConnell requested this meeting, in order to bring his members up-to-date on the Korean threat after a long Easter vacation.

SPICER TOLD THEM SO YESTERDAY:
"“This is a Senate briefing convened by the majority leader, not a White House briefing. We are just serving as the location. For further questions, I would direct you to the majority leader’s office,” Spicer said."

But the MSM is hungry for excitement, and covering a WAR is their favorite past-time, other than lying. So, even though they despise President Trump, they want to make this meeting seem as dire as possible. So they spin/lie by saying that Trump called all 100 Senators to the White House to demonstrate why a strike at North Korea is warranted.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That makes sense. President Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon wanted us to "feel" safer and cared for. There was also a mandatory vaccine that all kids had to get. I think it was polio.

I wonder if any type of national directives will come from the Senate/Trump pow-wow tomorrow? The government might start issuing radiation poisoning antidote pills for us to stock up on.

It wouldn't surprise me if President Trump addresses the nation after tomorrow's meeting. Only thing is, has anyone been able to confirm when the House will meet there? Same day, different time? Things are moving rather quickly.

Re. radiation poisoning - well, I have some iodine pills that are still good for another couple of years. Hopefully I won't have to use them.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
According to multiple reports I read, the House has requested a briefing as well, although it doesn't appear to be scheduled yet.

I don't think Trump will address the nation with anything surprising regarding NK until after something is underway if you mean military strikes etc. I can't think of anytime a President announced military action until that action has already started. I also don't think it's going to happen yet. My thought is over the next couple of weeks, not the next couple of days. Now if Kim starts playing with longer range missiles again, or tests that nuke, I imagine a shorter timetable for U.S action.

Don't think he will though. As I think I brought up in another thread, Kim fired some artillery to save face, but noticeably avoided anything else. I think he's taking a pause and at least a temporary step back. It's NK though... who knows
edit on 25-4-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I tend to agree with you.

But is that how Kim perceives it?
(How can we know)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

edit on 25-4-2017 by SmilingROB because: Hit wrong button

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I am did not know Kim killed of the elite.
I am thought he was to busy starving the poor in his country.

Great post!!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

I tend to agree with you.

But is that how Kim perceives it?
(How can we know)

Exactly, that's the million dollar question. Obviously we're not in the loop as average citizens. So we aren't privy to the intel our government agencies have. Bu with NK regarded as the most closed and secretive society on the planet, I really don't know how good our intel on Kim is honestly. Just wild guesses but I'd bet we have no real human intelligence there, and if anyone would, it would be China. We do have info from satellite passes etc, and I'm sure some signal intelligence working. But do we really have a clue about how Kim himself would react if scenario A or B happened? It must be quite limited.

One day I lean toward thinking he's very unstable and believes most of the hype he pushes, other days I lean toward thinking he's just blowing wind for internal consumption and doesn't want to risk losing his god like reverence and wants to stay in power.

Either way, his current inherited strategy has worked for him so far. He's still in power and is moving forward with weapons development. Even if he weren't a complete nutcase as some think... does he really understand that his bluff has a good chance of finally being called? He doesn't have to be completely "crazy" to miscalculate the current situation.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname>>>> Last September in New Jersey on 1630 AM, there was an emergency broadcast that kept repeating " Trump April 26th" over and over for several minutes. Some think it was hacked, others think it was a technical glitch. Maybe all this was done to coincide with the coincidence, or maybe it was something else. Either way, I think Trump has cut a deal with the NWO globalists. And another thing.... people who keep saying " Trump won't be re elected if he doesn't follow through on his promises" drive me crazy. He has no intentions of running for re election. He's in his 70s and has gotten in the history books. I think he WON'T follow through on most promises, again, he's cut a deal with the NWO globalists. So he's doing what Hillary would have done and what Clinton, Bush and Obama did. They want a world war 2.5, and a phony cold war with Russia. And we're all in the crosshairs and labeled expendable. Some MAJOR # is going to go down soon, MAJOR #.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
China won't spearhead an invasion. Their dirty little secret when it comes to war is that, even with a billion citizens, it's a whole generation of "only sons".

Politically, China's army can't take a casualty heavy war any better than our own army can.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
... And I suspect N. Korea's army will have some kind of policy of fighting similar to Japan's doctrine in WW2. Human waves, Kamikaze pilots, dig in and fight from underground tunnels after an area is occupied. Die for the fanatical cause.

If the NK army doesn't have the stomach for it, they'll round up civilians and force them to do it.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I gleam a bit of insight from my 85 year old mom. She thinks the only way to do things is the old way.

Take the apt example of "haggling" or negotiation. If I like a car or a house, I will let the seller know and proceed on a friendly basis. My mom only has one approach, the "hardball", or even "lowball". This makes little sense on it's face, oh...I hate your thing, but I'll buy it if it's cheap. It's also very predictable.

This is how I see the situation, Kim Jr can only perceive things in that old-school way. Weren't we surprised that he didn't modernize and open up the country when he inherited the throne? A good model for this new era is that a better, more modern economy will generate more revenue for the NoKo oligarchs to skim off. Also they could retain massive assets in land or mineral rights.... as well as be able to travel the world. The pursuit of a new NK generation, to go and learn how to Make North Korea Great Again! (shakes fist)

It seems such an obvious thing to do, go down in history as a friend of the people, not their dictator. Because Kim rejected this concept, I think he's irretrievably stubborn and stupid.

Being stubborn is a hallmark of mom's generation, and I assume Kim's father too. More modern thinkers understand that being flexible, and open to new ideas, is a much better approach to problem solving.

I understand Kim had some schooling in the West? If so, he must really be stupid to miss such an opportunity to reform.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire

Here is what I believe is going to happen. First, greater sanctions imposed, particularly sanctions that warn Kim Jong-un from making any further nuclear or missile tests, and to reduce his bellicose belligerence against other countries. He will defy this, because Jong-un is a petulant little child. Trump, having gained a consensus from the senate and a consensus internationally (including China in secret) will hit him with a large bombardment. The bombardment will be to reduce his military capacity, and once America stops firing, those 175,000 Chinese troops will push into North Korea and mop up the resistance and will administer security and stabilise the country to a Chinese model using anti-Jong-un elements to set up a government. Korea will then cease to be a threat in the region, bringing a sigh of relief to all concerned.

China will not want South Korean or American troops in North Korea. They'll be happy to see Jong-un and his military junta taken out, as they are a thorn in China's side as well. China would love to see a self-sufficient and a prosperous North Korea as a trading partner, as well as keeping the buffer zone intact. China cannot go in to North Korea themselves for they would be seen as an enemy. China needs to have the hearts and minds of the North Korean people in order to stabilise the country as quickly as possible once Jong-un has been taken down.

With those Chinese troops food and supplies for the people (as well as security) will be brought as well. They will welcome the Chinese, but not South Korean or American troops.

Sounds like a good plan but do Chinese know about it?
Kim may know they are Sun Tzu-ing him. If their statements about WWIII weren't a part of the game then we know the shirt is nearer than the coat and commies are Sun Tzu-ing us. Seems like a win-win for T. They must choose, get exposed, engaged, changed. It won't be so easy and happy to juggle in a commie suit and to sleep in two beds anymore. Unless they keep their military with only cosmetic change in leadership and doctrines.
Maintaining the Russian front under tension without any friendly progress at the same time is worrisome. It's pushing them to recall the ole days and ole ways and to seek for friendship elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join