It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: TinfoilTP

One missile to Kim Jongs location and the soldiers will celebrate their freedom, just like when Dorothy melted the Wicked Witch of the West.

Looking at the history of Korea after ww2 I don't believe that in the slightest

Also the Japanese did absolutely horrendous things to the Koreans,they will not forget that and the USA is allied with them so that tars them with the same brush

NK has a lot of problems and extreme poverty,we all know that

THe trouble is if America strikes, Seoul could be hit savagely in retaliation

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Looks like Lil Kim is going to get some US visitors in the form of bombs.

And you know what is the best part of that. NK is used to hard times joo s a aint. And you aint gonna get out scot free out of this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
China doesnt want that little Dr. NO wannabe pop a nuke off and neither does Russia. They are all against North Korea the guys an idiot. Eastern Siberia and China will be effected by any nuclear attack in the area. They are moving in to keep the refugees from flooding the border if crap hits the fan. The Korean army will not fight. The marines in the DMZ may but the reality in Korea cant produce enough fuel to drive their tanks or jets. Also their troops and most of the people are malnuroushed and miserable. They have 1960s technology. Kim will be taken out swiftly and his army will capitulate. They live in fear. Once you cut the head off the Alpha male retard the rest will surrender.

The only part you right about is " China and Russia will not allow a nuclear attack. " That is it. So my money say, the build up of troops is not to stem a refugee tide. You must have forget what happened in the 1st korean war yeah? With assets on the borders a strike in NK will affect China and Russia so they will stop it from hapening.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: AnonyMason

With china saying "Pyongyang sure to suffer the greatest losses.” they are pretty much washing there hands of North Korea then.

No what they say is there will be consequences. They just say more North Koreans will die than, say South Koreans, Japanese and yankee terrorist on boats

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
To be honest, the worst thing I could think of, should war start, is China double-crossing us.
And Russia and Iran and India and Pakistan and Hisbollah and some of the usa's other "friends". Cause usa nade a lot of enemies over the last 70 years.
edit on 25-4-2017 by therealfreeworld because: .

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
so all the senators are all going to be in one secure (thats a guess) location at the same time on the very day that Gotham Shield is running...hmmmm

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is all just games being played for the western media and public in preparation for China taking over North Korea. It will be achieved with full international cooperation through the UN.

It is a gift from the west to China to show their willingness to bring the Chinese into the 'one world' fold. China is too big and strong to take on so TBTB in the west need to parcel up the world allowing them a substantial proportion to keep them happy.

Remember this post when in 5 years North Korea is a 'sponsor' state of China with a Korean-ethnic Chinese puppet 'in charge'.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Hope this means all out war on lil Kim Jong McFatty. Bomb his a.ss past the stone age. Show him the world will not tolerate dictators making threats to nuke or destroy anyone. I will enjoy watching the news reels if indeed this is the case.

Merica ... idyits ....pokin in a wasps nest

Yeah, folks never seem to learn. On the eve of war everyone thinks it's gonna be great like a football game on tv then it will be over by the weekend.

Turns out it's never like a football game on tv. And it's never over by the weekend.
edit on 25-4-2017 by olddognewtricks because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
so all the senators are all going to be in one secure (thats a guess) location at the same time on the very day that Gotham Shield is running...hmmmm

Right?!? It's like a bad movie plot but not surprising.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: boogiegk
Has this ever happened before?

President summoning congress? A couple of times - discussion of Afghanistan strategy, discussion over stalemate of raising the national deficit level.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Well, there IS a bunker under the white house so...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Teeny, weeny NK and it has to be an all out war.

Fat Boy and his cones gotta go but there are so many victim citizens that will suffer if we strike-and they'll just bomb the heck then out of SK.

There are better, quieter ways-is this being done to just show off our power to all the other dumb dictatorships? Are we friend with China now?

This is too too sad to contemplate-so many innocent souls at stake. I pray our government, as inept as it is, doesn't show the rest of the world that we can still be bullies-NK is a nothing-kill the dictator-spare the people.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: 38181

Well, there IS a bunker under the white house so...

Obama had it dug out .

REply to AM , China . If the PRC dont like the DPRK , then why would it allow it to exist there still? . It makes entire sense to keep a rabid dog in the back yard , just North of DMZ where the line is drawn , and they've said , "don't cross this line" .

Just to be clear , by your own links , the Chinese have said : "do not cross this line".

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname

originally posted by: boogiegk
Has this ever happened before?

Article says uncommon...maybe somebody can do some research for us and post some examples from the past....

Iraq Invasion (the first)....I think the 2nd Invasion too..Maybe?

That was the last time a POTUS asked Congress for permission.

Since then, all military "actions" have fallen under the "war on terror" resolutions or UN joint missions.

IF the US was to significantly militarily engage a foreign state (vs. terrorism), trump would need Congress's approval.

N. Korea...would be a Foreign State...not terrorist target.
It would not be a UN action...it would be US vs. N. Korea.

Trump flirted with what a President can do constitutionally with the Syria Bombing and put it under the header of "Clear and present danger" to the US and the world (Chemical weapons).

North Korea would require Congress, even by Trump's flexible view of what is legal.
edit on 25-4-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Teeny, weeny NK and it has to be an all out war.

Lil Kim is known to build his Nuclear test facilities near civilians...and I though I read once that he also houses foreign prisoners near the test facilities..

He just nabbed a few more last week including a US civilian..

It will be messy...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I think that the War Powers Act of 1973 gives him all the power he needs. With N. Korea making threats to blow us up and with their race to get nuclear ICBMs it's a credible threat.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The US and allies will dance around and get his attention. When he is looking, that is when he'll be assassinated.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Things keep going from bad to worse:

US military personnel will test fire the deadly Minuteman III ICBM at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California around 1pm on Wednesday April 26. Air Force Global Strike Command confirmed it will carry out the test to ensure the effectiveness, readiness and accuracy of the weapon. Col John Moss, 30th Space Wing commander, will oversee the launch of the long range missile.

He said: “Team V is once again ready to work with Air Force Global Strike Command to successfully launch another Minuteman III missile.

"These Minuteman launches are essential to verify the status of our national nuclear force and to demonstrate our national nuclear capabilities.

"We are proud of our long history in partnering with the men and women of the 576th Flight Test Squadron to execute these missions for the nation."

The test comes as North Korea and the US appear to be marching towards a nuclear conflict.

An armada of US warships – including aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson – is marauding towards the Korean peninsula.

A nuclear-capable submarine is among the fleet of ships sent to intimidate supreme leader Kim Jong-un.

But defiant Pyongyang has hit back claiming its arsenal of intercontinental missiles are aimed and ready to hit the US mainland.

Source

So, this "test" of sorts will be launched at 1pm. I assume that will be Pacific time?

How convenient. Isn't that around the time of the White House meeting with all members of our Senate? A similar meeting is supposed to be held for our Congressional reps from what I heard but I don't know when.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Jokes on us... These guys are trying to provoke Pyongyang.

I'm at a loss for words.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If i was South Korea, I would be pretty pissed off at the US right about now... Oh, wait... South Korea is pretty pissed off at the US right now.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join