It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Im probably exaggerating with this clip, but the sh** is headed towards the fan. I sure hope they know what they are doing, and im skeptical they do. If they screw this up we might all get incinerated, or maybe just millions of koreans do. Funny, how in this representative democracy, the representatives really dont care what we think or want at all. They dont even pretend.

And Im not saying NK isnt a real problem. Just not sure the wolves foaming at the mouth are smart enough to handle it properly.

Trump may be requesting a declaration of war, in an aggressive fashion. Make them come to him.
edit on 24-4-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

originally posted by: Tempter
To be honest, the worst thing I could think of, should war start, is China double-crossing us.

I've thought about that a lot and haven't actually found words to decribe how s*i*ty that would be... I mean i can't even come up with a post...

Economically it wouldn't make sense. But if they don't give a crap about economics? China did recently start off loading it's control of US treasury debt... If you count potential puppet control (like Belgium) they still maintain easily the largest portion of under-writable debt

It is definitely the scariest scenario I can think of.

It is the scariest. What if the troop Chinese troop buildup were in fact a defense for NK? Scary thought indeed.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Like grossly underestimating the fortitude of North Korea, an olive branch and negotiations in good faith would have been better. If they were that much of a pushover their wouldn't have been a stalemate back when the Korean war was occurring.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LambertSimnel

I guess we'll never know for sure because these tactics have been used forever.
Technology just makes it that much easier for TPTB to muddy the waters and manipulate the masses. 99.9% of humans don't know, don't want to know, don't give a f**k, aren't capable of knowing when they are being lied to and lead down some path.

Fake news is a realatively new term, but it's been around forever

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Agreed China can handle the situation in North Korea better than us.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
China doesnt want that little Dr. NO wannabe pop a nuke off and neither does Russia. They are all against North Korea the guys an idiot. Eastern Siberia and China will be effected by any nuclear attack in the area. They are moving in to keep the refugees from flooding the border if crap hits the fan. The Korean army will not fight. The marines in the DMZ may but the reality in Korea cant produce enough fuel to drive their tanks or jets. Also their troops and most of the people are malnuroushed and miserable. They have 1960s technology. Kim will be taken out swiftly and his army will capitulate. They live in fear. Once you cut the head off the Alpha male retard the rest will surrender.
edit on 30America/Chicagoxpm4017America/Chicago3046 by texasyeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in the thread, but I just read Pence has cut his Asia trip short and is returning to Washington. Articles mention dealing with the government budget etc. Although imho that timeline was well known before he left for the trip.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Im probably exaggerating with this clip, but the sh** is headed towards the fan. I sure hope they know what they are doing, and im skeptical they do. If they screw this up we might all get incinerated, or maybe just millions of koreans do. Funny, how in this representative democracy, the representatives really dont care what we think or want at all. They dont even pretend.

And Im not saying NK isnt a real problem. Just not sure the wolves foaming at the mouth are smart enough to handle it properly.

Trump may be requesting a declaration of war, in an aggressive fashion. Make them come to him.

It's gotta be asked... Who's jar jar?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Yep. Operation Gotham Shield. All false flags have occurred during training simulations, right?

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Reports from Asian sources and, now, Reuters are saying that the DPRK has a huge live fire drill happening to mark the military anniversary: Bangladesh News: Reports of North Korea artillery drill as US submarine makes South Korea port call. North Korea conducts large-scale artillery drills on anniversary: Yonhap

The USS Michigan is in South Korea: US Navy guided-missile sub calls in South Korea

Just a quick update since this is all related. Expect the feeds to be going off today. The CCP has also given Pyongyang a warning that they should not test a nuke today. Beijing is not too happy with the DPRK right now. I'll share more as the news gets updated.

The Latest: Chinese media warn N. Korea against nuke test

It says if North Korea carries out a sixth nuclear test as expected, “it is more likely than ever that the situation will cross the point of no return. All stakeholders will bear the consequences, with Pyongyang sure to suffer the greatest losses.”

edit on 25-4-2017 by AnonyMason because: added WaPo link

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

With china saying "Pyongyang sure to suffer the greatest losses.” they are pretty much washing there hands of North Korea then.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Agreed... I don't see a lot of hope for a diplomatic solution to North Korea... If they are stupid enough to test another nuke shot you can expect a military response in a shorty amount of time thereafter. This is terrible news for Seoul. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that city for the foreseeable future.

Even if the Norks don't test another nuke today it seems to be only a matter of time. The Chinese are pissed and have basically told Pyongyang 'if you take this any further you're gonna get smacked and we can do nothing about it'.

Situation is looking bad no matter how you slice it.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
SBMcG:

Not under our Constitution. The laws of the United States are not superseded by any "international law".

whywhynot:

The War Powers Act gives him the authority. It has been used by all Presidents since it passed in 1973. Some argue that it doesn't but never-the-less it has stood all of these years.

Sheesh. The ignorance is breathtaking. Do any of you actually believe that the US can attack any other country as when it pleases? It can't.

Trump needs Senate approval to go to war. The only time he can take action without Senate approval is if the US is attacked first, otherwise, any strikes against a country is illegal. America has to follow international law in order to strike against another country before they are attacked first. A UN consensus is required for this to happen, as it will legitimise the strikes. North Korea could fall under this category.

The first Gulf War was UN manadated because Saddam invaded Kuwait. He was given a certain amount of time to leave Kuwait (which he didn't do), after which an international coalition responded militarily. The second Gulf war was illegal, because it occurred on a false premise, that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, which he didn't have.

The small conflict in Grenada was allowed because American citizens in that country were required to be rescued, for which Senate approval was given.

America cannot simply attack another country first, as that will be 'an act of war', illegal and condemnatory.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

The USA is already at war with North Korea, it has been since 1950.
The war never officially ended.

It was also a UN sanctioned war so the USA had approval.
edit on 25-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

The President doesn't need authorization to conduct a surgical strike in North Korea any more than he needed it to conduct the limited strike on Syria, a few weeks ago.

Kim Jong is the target. Not North Korea, IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Black_Fox

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
There is one simple question to be asked by ALL. Can the world afford to wait any longer before dealing with NK?

The answer to this question determines what needs to be done!

Interesting question.

Who's doing that waiting?

All I see is the U.S spear heading more conflict.

If the world felt so threatened, then where is the U.K, Germany, India, Israel, etc?

Why aren't they getting involved to stop the threat?

China's troop build up on the NK border is no accident! And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the countries you mention have already given their support to China and US!

China isn't on NK border to support the US. This could spin out of control so fast....And Russia is just waiting for an opportunity. Do you honestly think they will support Trump? The balance of power is at stake here. This isn't some BS video game.
If you think that there is no agreement between China and Trump then you are naive!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Where's Christopher Walken when you need him..I think we need him now.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: texasyeti

I agree with most of that. And I hope you are right about the rest, but nobody can really know till it goes down. Doesnt make me trust our government leaders any more though. Bunch of psychopaths and imbeciles.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

LOL that is a very good question. In this scenario, its probably whomever is the head of the military intelligence committee... (Whatever that committe is called)

Trump is no palpatine though. Hes more like Velorum. The summoning of the Senate reminded me of the scene though. Wonder who gets to be the jedi (scapegoat).

In the larger world scheme, Merkel reminds me of jar jar. Unless we are talking darth jar jar, and that must have been GW.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned in the thread, but I just read Pence has cut his Asia trip short and is returning to Washington. Articles mention dealing with the government budget etc. Although imho that timeline was well known before he left for the trip.

I heard this as well but doubt it's got anything to do with the gov't shutdown. VP Pence's trip was supposed to last 10 days so I heard. President Trump probably asked him to come back right away should hostilities break out while over there.

This is not a good sign.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join