It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire (all 100) US Senate called to White House briefing with Sec of State/Defense, others

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
a reply to: dianajune

Jokes on us... These guys are trying to provoke Pyongyang.

I'm at a loss for words.

Same here. This might be just the excuse that Kim Jung Un is looking for.

We all need to make arrangements now in case the worst happens. I believe in stocking up on food, medicine and other necessities for our families and animals.

If you have firearms, make sure you have plenty of ammo, because if all heck breaks loose, our gov't won't be able to help us.

Lastly, turn to Christ before it's too late.

I never thought I'd live to see a nuclear war. I was born during the Cuban Missile Crisis. This is much worse.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here in the UK the Army and marines have been conducting nuclear biological and chemical warfare exercises in the last week similar to Gotham shield.

Coincidence?

Edit to add: From personal experience, these exercises are rare in UKAF
edit on 25-4-2017 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
crazyewok:

The USA is already at war with North Korea, it has been since 1950. The war never officially ended. It was also a UN sanctioned war so the USA had approval.

No. Not by any stretch of the imagination is the USA at war with North Korea. There was no formal declaration of war with North Korea, as Truman did not seek it. America was withdrawing troops from South Korea at the time when North Korea attacked the South. American presence was simply a 'policing' action along the 38th parallel.

America became involved with the Korean war due to 'Cold War' animosity towards the Soviet Union, with whom America consensually bisected Korea along said latitude. How can you be at war with a country you have not declared war against? How can you be at war with a country with whom you have not fought a battle against since the 1950's?

I do wish you Americans would look up your history with reputable sources and not glossy magazines or conspiracy sites, or even to just think # up just because you think you are viewing things right!

carewemust:

The President doesn't need authorization to conduct a surgical strike in North Korea any more than he needed it to conduct the limited strike on Syria, a few weeks ago. Kim Jong is the target. Not North Korea, IMO.

As wrong and full of error as it is, your opinion is noted. The president does need authorisation to hit North Korea, just as much as he needed authorisation to strike Syria. The Syria strikes were illegal and 'an act of war'. Trump sought neither approval from congress nor from the UN, he just went ahead and did it, and soundly condemned for it, not because the strikes were wrong, but because the case for strikes was not proven. He acted unilaterally.

He can't strike North Korea without 'just cause'...threats are not 'just cause'. America or American allies and interests have to be attacked with more than words. I cannot make this any bloody simpler!

Here is what I believe is going to happen. First, greater sanctions imposed, particularly sanctions that warn Kim Jong-un from making any further nuclear or missile tests, and to reduce his bellicose belligerence against other countries. He will defy this, because Jong-un is a petulant little child. Trump, having gained a consensus from the senate and a consensus internationally (including China in secret) will hit him with a large bombardment. The bombardment will be to reduce his military capacity, and once America stops firing, those 175,000 Chinese troops will push into North Korea and mop up the resistance and will administer security and stabilise the country to a Chinese model using anti-Jong-un elements to set up a government. Korea will then cease to be a threat in the region, bringing a sigh of relief to all concerned.

China will not want South Korean or American troops in North Korea. They'll be happy to see Jong-un and his military junta taken out, as they are a thorn in China's side as well. China would love to see a self-sufficient and a prosperous North Korea as a trading partner, as well as keeping the buffer zone intact. China cannot go in to North Korea themselves for they would be seen as an enemy. China needs to have the hearts and minds of the North Korean people in order to stabilise the country as quickly as possible once Jong-un has been taken down.

With those Chinese troops food and supplies for the people (as well as security) will be brought as well. They will welcome the Chinese, but not South Korean or American troops.
edit on 25/4/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why do I have a feeling we'll be involved in all sorts of conflicts and possibly wars over the next four years.

Make America Great Again.. at wars!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
dianajune:

I never thought I'd live to see a nuclear war.

Nor do I believe you will, Diana. There is a remote possibility of Kim Jong-un using small nukes, but that is if North Korean technicians have worked out how to put them on rockets and to have a firing mechanism for them to initiate a nuclear blast? If Jong-un already had working nukes, I think the West would have detected them by now. All we have seen for definite are the nuclear tests.

I do not believe China would like to see Jong-un with nuclear capability, either. As he would be an ally beyond their influence. If any thing, Jong-un is messing it up very badly for the Chinese and their evolving economy. Remember, America is its biggest customer, it won't give that up for a childish paranoid tin-pot dictator acting like a young Roman emperor.

There will be strikes on North Korea as they are prodding and poking him to react with his own missile launches, which will give license to hit him. If this occurs, consent from either congress or the UN will not be required.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
EvanB:

Here in the UK the Army and marines have been conducting nuclear biological and chemical warfare exercises in the last week similar to Gotham shield. Coincidence?

Nah. It's for when we go to war with Brussels over Brexit. We've told them we're leaving the party, they are blocking our exit, time to punch the buggers on the nose, methinks.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I agree that a scenario such as you outlined is quite probable. China will end up installing someone more rational than Kim, and of their choosing. Although not a fan of the Chinese government, it's a far better option for the NK people than what they have now. This will stabilize the peninsula, although it will take a bit of time after hostilities cease obviously. At some point down the road, there will be trade with NK as the become a part of the global community and things will normalize even more hopefully. After several more years, US troops will be reduced in South Korea.

As for the War Powers Act and the Syria strike or a potential NK strike by the US being legal...interpretations go both ways honestly. However, Presidents of both parties have utilized it to launch dozens of one off strikes and actions for years and although there was some opposition in most cases, none have met with significant legal challenge that impeded the use of military forces. So it seems regardless of interpretation, there are a good number of past precedents where it was evoked in this manner.

I'd have to look again, but I believe Sen McCain introduced legislation to change the current War Powers Act of 73 to clarify and restrain the Executive Branch use of the Act back in 2014. I didn't follow it or know much about it, but apparently it died somewhere.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
dianajune:

I never thought I'd live to see a nuclear war.

Nor do I believe you will, Diana. There is a remote possibility of Kim Jong-un using small nukes, but that is if North Korean technicians have worked out how to put them on rockets and to have a firing mechanism for them to initiate a nuclear blast? If Jong-un already had working nukes, I think the West would have detected them by now. All we have seen for definite are the nuclear tests.

I do not believe China would like to see Jong-un with nuclear capability, either. As he would be an ally beyond their influence. If any thing, Jong-un is messing it up very badly for the Chinese and their evolving economy. Remember, America is its biggest customer, it won't give that up for a childish paranoid tin-pot dictator acting like a young Roman emperor.

There will be strikes on North Korea as they are prodding and poking him to react with his own missile launches, which will give license to hit him. If this occurs, consent from either congress or the UN will not be required.

I hope you are right. Even if Kim doesn't have the capability of using nukes (which, imho he does) there are still plenty of chemical and biological weapons. He even ordered his own brother killed with such a weapon.

Hopefully this won't go nuclear. That China and Russia are also involved is not comforting!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well usually it's the president that goes to congress if military action is to be taken against No Ko.

Trump making congress come to him ?

Yeah alrightie then.

All I can say is WHAT THE EFF.

Something big gonna go down?

Or is Trump just gonna scold them?

Unforrunantly that is what I am expect to hear is "message " from Trump.

If am wrong I am will present my self contritily for scolding. ( if any of you remember)

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well tomorrow is the supposed meeting.

So one more day to find out if we will be glowing in the dark soon.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, that and The Gotham Shield exercise is going on, as well as a Minuteman III test as well. I think there is some other readiness exercise kicking off tomorrow somewhere in the U.S but I can't remember what they're calling it or where I read about it. I'll look some more.

Busy day.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Found it... It's oddly enough in Washington DC tomorrow heh

DC drill on April 26th

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Well thought out post.
Thank you.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

edit on 25-4-2017 by SmilingROB because: Decided not to comment

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

You guys think having congress meet IS to provocative to North Korea?

Is it truly the last straw?

I'MO Kim wouldn't launch missiles without some sort of attack against NK. Then I am think he would go nuts.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Do they still have drills in schools when kids practice hiding from nuclear blasts? We used to do that in elementary school. I remember going into a long dark basement corridor that had these yellow stickers on the white walls. Why the government thought those places were safe, is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
Found it... It's oddly enough in Washington DC tomorrow heh

DC drill on April 26th

Since this meeting of the entire Senate/President/Top Intel/Military officials was announced DAYS AGO, you can be certain that sinister minds are seeing that gathering as a GOLDEN opportunity to kill lots of birds with one strike.

They should have kept it secret!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ATS thread over here (on mobile so not a full BBcoded link)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank-you for that link! I'd have no idea how to do the copy/paste of a link on my cell, like you did. Thanx again.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: AnonyMason

You guys think having congress meet IS to provocative to North Korea?

Is it truly the last straw?

I'MO Kim wouldn't launch missiles without some sort of attack against NK. Then I am think he would go nuts.

I don't think meeting with the Senate is bothering Kim at all...

In fact, I think it's Kim Jong-un that's been taunting Trump. I've said it before... for however psychotic he may be, he's not dumb. You know why he wiped out hundreds of members of the North Korean elite? Because they were not loyal to him. It was a nasty power move. Psychotic in it's execution? Definitely. Dumb? Not one bit.

I think he's been taunting Trump ever since it was made public that Trump had a hard on for the DPRK. Trump is definitely too easily gullible to trollery... no matter what form it may take. Just look at how he reacts to his critics. Place one of those critics in the place of Kim Jong-un. Trump would easily be suckered into a military campaign... The evidence of this exact scenario is unfolding right before our eyes.

Is it the last straw? No, to put it simply. From the US perspective with all of the posturing... and Pence's speech about having the sword of justice ready, or whatever silly thing he said... The last straw for the US would be another nuclear test. Period.

North Korea doesn't have a last straw. They will goad and taunt and bluster to Pyongyang's heart's be content. North Korea's first move, or, in the case of a US first strike (which i see as highly unlikely) would be to hit Seoul. Until they feel like they absolutely must strike out at South Korea and by proxy the US Kim Jong-un will be more than happy just to piss uss off and try to bait Trump into a war.

Keep in mind that there are other powers at play here. China would probably not engage with the US over North Korea despite their having a mutual defense agreement... However I do think China would be forced to take sides if Russia got involved. Meaning they would either have to ally with the US (which is unlikely even though we maintain a strong economic relationship) or ally with Russia. I think in this case they would ally with Russia based on geography and similar political identities.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join