It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Claim Objective ‘Truth’ Is a ‘White Supremacist’ Myth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Of course, you yourself fell into an assumption -- namely that the comparison of Asian and black test scores being on average different is based mainly in pure intellectual difference rather than in relative ignorance which is somewhat different. It may or may not be true that some ethnic groups on average could exhibit higher intellectual capacity, but the test case alone wouldn't show you if the different scores are primarily a factor of that.

It depends how you define intellect. I should have included IQ test scores when referring to intellect because that WAS the actual area of study I was thinking of at the time, which also show asians outperforming blacks on average. Even IQ can technically be challenged as representative of somebody's level of intelligence. So I should have said exams demonstrated asians tended to study harder for exams and IQ tests tended to show asisn had on average a higher IQ. Either way it does not matter because most would assume any conclusions drawn on race alone is racist.

But what both examples ACTUALLY demonstrate is that it has to do with a difference in culture between asian Americans and black Americans. It is NOT making a statement of claim on genetic grounds but suggesting key differences on cultural grounds.

It is well known that black students often come from underperforming schools. Therefore, it would be difficult to determine how much of the difference in those scores comes from differences in intellect or differences in educational quality.

That is a cop out and excuse to embrace victim-hood. Students from similar socio-economic backgrounds including going to similar types of schools show the same pattern — asian Americans out perform white Americans, and white Americans out perform black Americans. Are asian Americans more intelligent than white Americans? As I said before, no I made an error before and it would be more reasonable to conlude something like that from an IQ test. But it DOES show that on average, asian Americans study harder (or at least embrace a BETTER study method) than white americans do.

Of course, most people will say "you are a closet racist...how can you define black culture without mentioning black people!" Are black Americans living amongst other races in "middle class" suburbs being outperformed to a significant degree? No, they are not. They are performing more in expectation with the socio-economic standards of those around them. It is black Americans living in areas such as the ghetto who are the outlier, the ones performing so much worse.

Isn't it a strange coincidence that these kids are the ones far more likely to skip school and not get their high-school certificate? Isn't it strange these are the kids who overwhelmingly come from single-parent households? Isn't it strange these are the kids who tend to be conditioned not to try and escape the situation they are in but rather cry racism at every obstacle or challenge they encounter? Isn't it strange that these kids are often involved in gangs that glorify the gangster and thug life mentality? Very strange that this group is so outperformed by other black Americans that do not come from broken homes or take part in those types of behaviours.

edit on 19/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Is it objectively true, partially true, or false that copper conducts electricity?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'd say it's likely a combination to some degree -- less overall intellect and less knowledge to prepare them for the test.

For anyone who lives in a poorer area, it's generally because the capability to earn a higher capacity career doesn't exist for one reason or another. Sometimes, it's poor choices in life (single parenthood, for example) and sometimes it's just because there was enough juice upstairs.

We like to mate with others who are like us.

So poor mate with poor and if the reason you are poor is because you were less intellectually capable, then you likely looked for that in your mate or that was the mate available to you (this is ethnicity independent). And genetically speaking, the apple does not often fall far from the tree.

So you are talking about a greater likelihood that the schools have more kids who will need more repetitions of material to really master a concept. Say Common Core tells the teacher kids need 6 and that's all the curriculum allows before moving on? Well, she may have a lot of her kids who could learn the material but it takes maybe 8 to 10 repetitions for true mastery.

Then you have the ones who have broken homes with the attendant home cultural difficulties. They might be brighter, but their home culture isn't going to allow them to really take advantage of it.

And you do have some kids who are still very bright, but the odds that their school system which is used to the two types of kids above is going to be ready and able to adequately recognize and handle them is slim.

So you have underperforming schools.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Is it objectively true, partially true, or false that copper conducts electricity?

That's racist. Everyone knows that copper only conducts electricity because white men said so.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In the classical sense? Subject was subject or knowledge and object was what one applied it too. Being a subject then that is what should be studied to apply to to an object... treating people as objects makes them subject and in turn makes them a slave to a system while a third party called psychology tries to make a subject an object of study...

So attached to consciousness coming and going as a permanent thing? Then one can make it a study itself as some sort of permanence or illness in order to capitalize on it... instead of saying that in cases of abuse then it is likely that someone will seek out something that makes them feel good or better in order to cope with whatever adversity is affecting them. Making a victim undergo study and regulation instead of the abusers that are abusing but sticking them into a system of prison to not really learn to move beyond that of being an abuser sort of like here's a corner you suck play time out, while we make a subject out of the victim.

So setting up a system to profit off of human misery and playing parent at both both ends to adults is the real sickness...

edit on 19-4-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

First define "objectively true". I cannot answer unless I am aware what you are asking me to consider.

If you are implying that the need to ask your question is unnecessary because any reasonable/educated person ought to know that copper conducts electricity is such an established and accepted fact, that trying to question whether it's true or not is a waste of time...then I would agree but ask why that has any relevance to what I have posted before.

If you are implying that my reply before contains elements that cannot be considered objectively true, but are actually rather "partial truths" or "falsehoods", then I would ask you to elaborate why you feel that way.

I cannot go inside your head and read your mind and I don't want to put words in your mouth, so if it is not one of the above two then please explain the point you are attempting to make.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I am starting to see a pattern here.

First, almost all the decent paying working class jobs are sent out the country, which weakens the populace economically.

Then we get flooded with immigrants,

Then the family and Christianity goes under a sort of stealth attack strategy.

Now white people are the devil.

If I didn't know better, I would think someone is trying to destroy us.

edit on 23-4-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
And here is another stirring example of why I do my college courses online... I just have to worry about attending 1 lecture a week again online, and get my homework in on time.

Very little interaction on a human level... cause things like this would get me in trouble.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If people want to run around and play slaves to words? They are always going to be slaves to each other. Some things are just better left unsaid... truth is not one of those things.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

While we still cannot determine who EXACTLY that enemy is, you are definitely on the right track towards eventually finding out their identity.

edit on 24/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join