It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Claim Objective ‘Truth’ Is a ‘White Supremacist’ Myth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I don't doubt there are plenty of tales of hatred to go around on all fronts.

But at the same time, when does the past become the past -- something we learn from so that we learn how to avoid repeating it instead of something we learn from so we can decide to stoke our own inner hatreds and desires for revenge?

Most of the Jim Crow era whites and blacks are old folks now here in the states. This should be a dying issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is not dead, rather it seems to be handed down to the generations that follow somewhat like a cross to be borne.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It is not dead, rather it seems to be handed down to the generations that follow somewhat like a cross to be borne.

I didn't say it was dead. I said it should be dying.

And the minorities who perpetuate it should understand that killing all the white people won't solve their problems. Their problems are as much of their own making at this point as they are anyone else's.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I didn't say it was dead. I said it should be dying.

And the minorities who perpetuate it should understand that killing all the white people won't solve their problems. Their problems are as much of their own making at this point as they are anyone else's.

I have to agree with you there.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: dfnj2015

How is the color of the sky offensive to blind people? 

Beats me.

How is the concept of objecive truth offensive to literally anyone?

I've seen where feminist types declare mathematics to be "sexist", I guess because they dont like how the numbers dont add up enough to show how they're actually oppressed in the oh so many ways they INSIST they are.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Beats me.

I've seen where feminist types declare mathematics to be "sexist", I guess because they dont like how the numbers dont add up enough to show how they're actually oppressed in the oh so many ways they INSIST they are.

I am a feminist type and I declare that Mathematics is sexy.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

SEXIST!!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Beats me.

Number 8 called. It feels so objectified now.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You would think, when they claim that truth itself is a lie, people would figure out how stupid they looked. Then again, that's assuming these people actually think!! Clearly, they don't. Come on, truth is now racist?!?!? Truth?????

Well, we know who is called the father of lies.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Good read indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or so we most fervently hope!!

Utter and complete claptrap on the part of that student(s).

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

2 x 4 = 8.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I didn't think i'd find much to smile about in this thread so thanks for this post

Re the topic of this thread,i just shake my head at the absurdities i see coming from some American colleges.It doesn't matter if you think you can intellectually/mentally squirm and wriggle your way away from truth and scientific facts- truth will out and physics is a bitch and they Will bite you on the ass.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Let's be honest here, Truth cannot be 100% objective. It has to be said or acknowledged by somebody to be aware that it exists and is real. However, Truth does not need restrictions of any kind to be genuine. If you are making an argument such as "black students on average score lower than Asian students on University exams when performed at the same school, under the same conditions", you would automatically be called a racist, despite the fact that it true. The real problem is in the general population's definition of superiority and inferiority.

Most people have been conditioned to think it is racist to make a descriptive claim about one race compared to another even when they are fairly and evenly compared. What is racist about acknowledging that asians tend to outperform blacks by a large margin in exams? Is having a higher Intellect or being a harder worker considered superior? How is superiority being measured exactly? By how "good" or "beneficial" somebody's attributes happen to be?

It really is strange how willingly misguided people can be on these kinds of topics. Oh, here is the truth, but presenting the truth even if putting it into context at the time MIGHT lead somebody to misinterpret it as racism or bigotry. Better just teach an "alternative truth".

Here's another "alternative truth" for you: I am a white heterosexual male, therefore I am privileged beyond my comprehension and making any form of complaint when I experience injustice does not matter. Even mentioning that I am experiencing discrimination based on factors that are out of my control is not permitted. Unless I agree and support what I said before and criticise anyone who in ANY way does not fit in the same label as me, it is permitted to assume I am racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic and xenophobic. Wow, these "alternative truths" really are amazing and convenient for everyone except those who identity as I do.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Beats me.

Number 8 called. It feels so objectified now.

Even Mathematics, as we Westerners hold fast at it being an objective truth, is being questioned as having a subjective underbelly.

At the moment, in fact, the surge in criticism of mathematical objectivity has less to do with philosophical argument than with politics. Ethnomathematicians gain attention not solely because of the intriguing cultural approaches to numbers that they teach but also because of the claim that they serve a social need in the classroom and provide alternatives to Western ideas.

Mr. Hersh argues that his view of mathematics as fundamentally social and multicultural would, if accepted in the classroom, bring more students of different races and cultures into the study of mathematics. He calls this vision of mathematics ''humanist'' and argues that it fits with ''left-wing anti-elitism'' and its striving for ''universal literacy, universal higher education, universal access to knowledge and culture.''

The mainstream view of mathematics, he argues, seems to fit well with the right wing's opposition to change and favoring of ''an elite over the lower orders.'' Thus, Mr. Hersh argues that the ''right-wingers'' who assert the immutability and objectivity of mathematics include Pythagoras, Plato, Descartes, Leibniz and Quine. But those who tend toward his humanist vision of mathematics tend to be political lefties, like, he says, Aristotle, Locke, Hume and Mill.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

2 x 4 = 8.

Or what is the root of 69?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yea, you are deluded.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Pomona is a filthy hell hole. Traveled there once and there were crackhead hookers roaming the streets everywhere.

I think California should secede into the ocean.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Of course, you yourself fell into an assumption -- namely that the comparison of Asian and black test scores being on average different is based mainly in pure intellectual difference rather than in relative ignorance which is somewhat different. It may or may not be true that some ethnic groups on average could exhibit higher intellectual capacity, but the test case alone wouldn't show you if the different scores are primarily a factor of that.

It is well known that black students often come from underperforming schools. Therefore, it would be difficult to determine how much of the difference in those scores comes from differences in intellect or differences in educational quality.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

In other words, math is now racist too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join