It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hm, thanks; but I'm an absolute rubbish writer.

edit on 11-5-2017 by swanne because: And the Typomaster stikes again! Who will have the courage and dare stand up against the villainy of the Typomaster?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Says the guy who throws out a story piece as a reason to edit his terrible post about being a terrible writer

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ah I must say, my sig is not my own creation. It is from a most wonderful book series called the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I just identify with it.

Thanks for the refreshments offer, Shep, I think I'll just take some water!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I meant I would create a character out of your user name, avatar, and sig.

For example:
Su-an stood. His gray, smooth skin slid over thick muscles, as he rose to his full height, well over nine feet tall. Pearly white eyes took in the scene around him - the smoke of the field, the bodies of the slain, the cries of the wounded. The mnghani and the white-ones were merciless. The Tyrwyllan host had been shattered. They had hoped to defeat Bhaarjhaat on the high plains by the ruins of Mur'oc, but instead, they had been routed. Their last, desperate hope had been to buy time for their wives, children, and the elderly to flee the oncoming horde. Su-an did not even know if the messengers had survived. The entire Order of the Rose - thousands of Tsurani - had been slaughtered in the unnatural storm that had broken over the field. Only Su-an's ability to transform had saved him. One Tyrwyllan was no match for the forty-foot tall demons Bhaarjhaat had somehow conjured, but a kara'har, that could stand its ground. He looked around mournfully, thinking he might be the only survivor. It would not be the first time. He had lived thirteen centuries, and would live many, many more...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

It's an inside joke with myself. I am prone to typos, so once in a while I accuse the ever-elusive Typomaster for my typos.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Right? LOL

Brent Weeks - I've heard that name but not read any of his stuff. Perhaps I should!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Oooh, hehe, that actually sounds pretty awesome!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

How do you come up with all of those names so easily! I would definitely recommend both of his series. ETA now I want to see what you would do with mine haha

Mayhaps you should do something with that joke? I can see something cool arising out of that
edit on 11-5-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I was hoping you might like that. The stage is actually from the prologue of Falling, which I have not posted. But the character was a new creation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Re: Names - So, the stage for that was a prologue for my epic story Falling. Several of those names had been invented years ago - Tyrwyl/Tyrwyllan, Bhaarjhaat (actually came from a friend of mine in college), mnghani, Tsurani, and kara'har - I've used all of those already in my writing.

The only truly new ones were Su-an and Mur'oc. So, in short, I cheated.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I was wondering - um, do you by any chance have a pdf version of your Falling novella?

I'd like to read it during my spare time (during which I have no internet connection)...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It's in MS Word right now, but I could save it into PDF.
However, it's not complete yet, so what you got might change.

Would it work for me to send you a PDF of all the episodes that have been posted so far?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Me as well please!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'll see what I can do.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Well of course, but only if it's okay with you.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am soooo late in getting here!!!!!! I just saw my new friend LucidWarrior here! OMG, hello and welcome Sweetie! Going to catch up in here now. You will fit in beautifully with all the wonderful people in here! Hugs!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

*Hugs* hello, thanks for the welcome and the little nudge to get me in here haha! Yeah like I already told swanne feels like home already

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!

It is good to see you!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

PM me your email address. I can't upload PDFs to ATS.
I'll send it to you & Swanne later tonight.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hi Lucid!
Welcome Home.

I'm just checking in before heading off to bed.
I've had a busy day here in sunny Scotland (for a change!!)

So good evening shedizens of the realm!

G

new topics

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join