It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

He is 46. Most people have this done 50-60 so his age should help him.

Keeping him relaxed the next two weeks will be my battle now. It will be like telling a 3 year old to rest. Lol

edit on 5/10/2017 by Martin75 because: I love beach music I was born with it in my blood

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
All of Paul's pre-op was great. So now 2 week countdown to the surgery.

Thanks for the update. I am so happy for you.
Wondering today at work how things went for you.
Ha Ha I can see you keeping a giant three year old in check.
Can you bring him to work with you? Do they have a Day Care facility? "Now Paul, A is for ...?" "No, No, No, not A.. ...e, that is two words" "Try again"
Or perhaps they allow pets? He could be the company the mascot.
Hugs

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A very belated Happy Birthday to the Grand Wee Ausie

You are awesome on those drums. I know your Mum is proud and "deaf" now.
One day you will hear tales about the Great Shedlands and journey there your self.
a reply to: kaelci
'ello Luv, ( When I sailed I found it so endearing to be greeted with this phrase.)
So 'ello Luv, I hope the two of you had a lovely day.
Does the wee lad wake you up with a performance?
]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[[

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Knowing that this past Sunday's last show for the Ringling Brothers Circus in Charleston, and second to last date of operation, was taking place. Myself and a couple of friends made the decision to chase the final run of the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" train south over the New York Central's former "West Virginia Branch" and the "Richest Little Railway In The World" known as the Virginian Railway as they began their journey to their penultimate shows at Uniondale, New York.

With my good friend and conductor Mike Mullins and the rest of the crew on board. Operating as Kanawha River Railroad train KN39B, a trio of CSX locomotives lead the last run of the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" south along the Kanawha River Railroad bound for interchange with Norfolk Southern at Elmore Yard as it passes through Shrewsbury, West Virginia just a few miles outside of Charleston, West Virginia.

Seen just about a half an hour or so after departing Dickinson Yard. The final run of the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" rounds the curve as it comes into Smithers, West Virginia along the former New York Central.

Passing under the load out for New River Mining. The last run of the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" rolls into Page, West Virginia with the trio of CSX units in command.

After being relieved with a somewhat fresh crew at Harper, West Virginia The last run of the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" rolls along one of the few straight stretches along the former Virginian Railway as good friend and engineer Jason Tardy marks his last run on the Kanawha River Railroad at Metalton, West Virginia.

Heading for a crew change and swap with Norfolk Southern at Elmore Yard on Monday. Operating as Kanawha River Railroad train KN39B, the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit" glides into the curve on the east side of Mullens.

Heading west towards Gilbert and the run towards Bluefield, West Virginia. Norfolk Southern U88, the circus train, is seen coming into Baileysville, West Virginia as it heads for another crew change at Gilbert Yard.

With only a few miles to go before another crew change for the run to Bluefield. Norfolk Southern train U88, the Ringling Brothers Circus' "Blue Unit," rolls west along the Guyandotte Branch at Hanover, West Virginia as it passes by some slide detector fencing just east of Gilbert.

Managed to get all the way down to a little spot on the map called Mohawk, West Virginia on the Pocahontas main line to see it one last time after that marking the end of the Ringling Brothers' past six plus decades of entertaining the citizens of West Virginia. I have plenty of video to go around and will get to editing everything together tonight. Seeing the last run from Charleston and knowing that all of these performers and equipment techs will more than likely be out of a job come Sunday night. It was absolutely heartbreaking to experience but yet a great and fun chase at the same time.

edit on 10-5-2017 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Jess, hope your Hubby isn't like me or there will be no calming him down. LOL
Movies are always a great diversion for me. It takes you out of your own reality and into another one for a while. Go out to eat, watch movies at home or out somewhere. Do what he enjoys. He will make it through with you by his side. Extras hugs and kisses and attention, he'll be fine.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Waves at Pheonix! Hello dear Sir!

Wis, love your new avatar!

Chooch, nice photos!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

*hugs for WIS*

'ello luv!

My son and I have an agreement of sorts, that we put into place when he got his little keyboard last year... if it's not daytime; there's no noise. (kind of necessary being that we live in units with neighbours in close proximity, I'm awake very early most mornings anyway)

Surprisingly there has been no breaking of this treaty as of yet! Though he did wake up at 4 this morning, still excited about his drum kit, and was talking about it nonstop, and trying to make the sun hurry its appearance.

Luckily it's getting to the cooler months now, so the sun isn't shining til 6:30 or so.
During the warmer months.... 'tis a different story - preparing for 4am drum bashing! (Sorry, neighbours.)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I love the 'ello Luv' thing too!

I love you dearly Kaelci, but I'm glad we're not close neighbors with the drum bashing child. LOL
He is the most adorable child though, Just like his Mom! Nice to see you Hun! How is our Dave doing???

Usually the shed is asleep by now.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

*a hug for the Elfie One also!!!*

Hullo! With any luck, the drums will scare away my immediate neighbours and I'll no longer have to wake up several times throughout the night because they keep going to their car at weird hours and activating the motion sensor light that shines right through my window, regardless of closed blinds. *glares*

Dave is doing okie!! He's getting his passport photo taken tomorrow! *big cheesy grin*
And doing other assorted paperwork and stuff, and he'll have all that in a few weeks, and then, plane ticket time, and then, here time, and then ~super happy dance!~

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Thanks Lorri!!!

Now to get some sleep while my video of Monday's nearly 200 and some odd miles of crazy antics renders.......

Goodnight folks!!!!! *lays down and stqrts snoring*

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
OMG Kaelci, you must be so excited you could burst! I cannot wait for you two to meet! I bet he and your little one get along famously!

Night Chooch! I should head out too.

Sweet dreams oh lovely Shed folks!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

It's so nice to be back!

After 4 days laid up with my back I got a migraine (2 days in Hell) and then finally came back to life yesterday...only to find out that I had no internet. I phoned our service provider, blah blah blah...booted and rebooted...regained the internet but then my laptop wifi wasn't receiving the signal.

Being the person who refuses to admit defeat, and using logic (because I'm not a techy genius) I plugged the modem into my lappy and voila! I was back in business! Yay!

So now I'm here, catching up and reading all that I've missed for the last few days.
I hope everyone is well, and I will be around for a while if anyone wants to have coffee.
jacy

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'm back, too!

Jane, I'm so glad your migraine is over! Those are the worst.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400

Thanks Lorri!!!

Now to get some sleep while my video of Monday's nearly 200 and some odd miles of crazy antics renders.......

Goodnight folks!!!!! *lays down and stqrts snoring*

I knew it! You type even as you snore.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hello Jacy!

Well, you must have missed my thread then...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad to see you!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I saw that thread of yours. Pretty cool indeed.

I wish I had more time to do some stuff myself. Heck, I need to buy a new sewing machine, too. Sewing by hand takes forever.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi swanne! and thank you! Yes, it was awful but thankfully it's over now.

Hey True! Thanks hun. I haven't seen your thread but will head over now and check it out.

I quickly scanned the 'recent' pages and found a few threads that look interesting. So nice to see some topics that I'm interested in and I'm in my happy place right now with coffee and cat, lol.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It does, but machine stitching has less versatility of use. For example, sewing patches onto jackets by hand is the only way to prevent through stitching pockets to the main body of a garment, and also allows a greater versatility of movement in terms of what angles can be worked at. Machines are great for building clothing or repairs, but modifications, I believe, are best done using manual methods. That being said, I probably go that route because my machine skills are not good enough to make the cut!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

No, you do make a pretty good point indeed! I wholeheartedly agree with you, the machine does has its disadvantage with tricky angles.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

That being said, I probably go that route because my machine skills are not good enough to make the cut!

Well man, that there is the problem. I will keep it simple.

To make a cut ... use the scissors.

To join material together ... use the machine.

P

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join