It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 15

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

There are plenty more where he came from.

Now hold on and soar high. Find a place to land and explore the vast forests, fields and mountains. Watch the rivers as they flow and the waves of the ocean crashing down. Walk through enchanted gardens and watch as the faeries dance lightly with gossamer wings. There are wondrous creatures that roam freely and magical beings to meet.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The best way to describe my dad is a likening to the Norse god Loki. He spent more time tricking the other gods for his own good. Whenever he did do something actually good it was usually for minor gains by the other gods. His son's name was Narfi which means corpse. Dad makes me feel like I'm as useful as a corpse. I can't do anything without him finding something wrong with it. He ever screwed up the last job I was trying to start around the time of my heart attack. I have no use for this type person to be in my life but I am stuck at his house with no place to go.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
The best way to describe my dad is a likening to the Norse god Loki. He spent more time tricking the other gods for his own good. Whenever he did do something actually good it was usually for minor gains by the other gods. His son's name was Narfi which means corpse. Dad makes me feel like I'm as useful as a corpse. I can't do anything without him finding something wrong with it. He ever screwed up the last job I was trying to start around the time of my heart attack. I have no use for this type person to be in my life but I am stuck at his house with no place to go.

Maybe you need to remind the old man that someday he will need someone to take care of him. Sometimes a son needs to stand up to his father to gain respect.

Just saying.

My dad, in my mind , use to belittle me in various ways. Until I proved him wrong. That was the day I stood tall.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Let's see how your Doctor appointments go and If they feel you are fit enough to work or not. If not, get on disability and get your income that way. If you can work but the work has to be limited, allow folks at the unemployment office or wherever to help you find a job you are capable of.

Once you have your own income, save as much as you can and as quickly as you can to get out of that house! Even if you need some welfare to help to get you through. From there, you will be able to breath again. In the meantime, I think you and your Mom should get your Dad some help. Being so controlling over you both is not good for any of of you.

edit on 9-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Maybe you need to remind the old man that someday he will need someone to take care of him.

Good thinking!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Night Star - Mom is so used to dad being an ass that it will be a hard think for me to get her to agree that he needs help.

Groot - Thank you for your support. He knows his words are useless on me and I well remind him even more of that the next time he tries something. I'm just not looking for this to come out with a negative outcome that hurts everyone involved.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If I vanish for a while tonight it is only because my laptop battery is at 30% right now and I'll have to go plug it in.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

He is hurting you by his behavior. Let him know how he makes you feel. Even if he gets pissed off, he will have to realize it his own doing. I don't know what to advise.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

He is hurting you by his behavior. Let him know how he makes you feel. Even if he gets pissed off, he will have to realize it his own doing. I don't know what to advise.

Night, all you can do is offer your kind words and I do appreciate it. I wish there was a department of idiotocities that I could report him to. I've already tried adult protective services but that didn't help much at all

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
One thing that I haven't told dad yet is that if he gets rid of my cats the he will be getting rid of my too.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The guy has issues. He needs to be in control all the time to the point where he dictates when and where you can go with the car. Tell him you are going to concentrate on your health and don't need the anxiety. Let him know that you will be out of there as soon as you possibly can. Right now, you need to concentrate on working with your Doctors and getting well.

He has to realize that you are a sick man and trying to heal. You don't need to be doing his bidding and taking all that stress!

Is he mean to the cats or does he tolerate them? He knows you love them and will use them to get to you.

edit on 9-5-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's a good idea on how to put it to dad. I'll to my best to remember it

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You will have this haunting Elf voice in your head reminding you. You will not forget! LOL

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Gotta take a break BRB

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Thank you 'o haunted elf. I will look forward to your reminders,

Now I can feel a little better as I'm in my bedroom and don't have the torture of the kitchen chairs to sit on.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It's still the same hours as far as I know. Only the duties have changed.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh, cool Skid!

Blue, That's where I sit all the time when I'm on the computer, my kitchen chair.

On phone. Be back.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I'm still here at the Shed just chillin out

I'll just say that dad does stupid things and I don't think I'll be sleeping much tonight
edit on 5 10 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Awww Blue, I'm usually up all night, and right now I'm fighting to keep my eyes open. May be leaving soon. I swear, I'm gonna sick a dragon on your Dad if he doesn't behave!

What kind of stupid things is he doing? You don't have to answer if you don't want.

If I disappear, it's because I needed to sleep.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Explaining of this one I would rather not. He has plenty of other stupid things he's done that I'll explain to you sometime. I'm yawning myself and wearing out my eyes with all this typing so I understand the need to shut down whenever we are ready to go

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join