It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopath manager at work

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
What I've been seeing is at the higher executive levels this is true...

Then I would have a conversation with them and make the executive aware of the concerns.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta
You could create a virus on a floppy drive that takes the fractions of a cent from the business transactions of the company, have it deposited into an account, and slowly let it build up some cash.

Nothing can go wrong...it's fool-proof!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Until Mr. Webster discovers this.

edit on 14-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In an ideal world.
But it's not my job to do theirs, moving on to a better position happened ASAP.

To "fix" a lot of this the exec's would pretty much have to clean house of some long term, near to retirement middle managers and had already shown they were reluctant in doing so. At that point it's "read the writing on the wall".

Currently they are begging for employees and last I heard one of the recruiters had posted pull off tabs with the companies number on laundry-mat's walls AND some pizza places.
O_oooooooo

I'm still laughing. Cause like engineers don't have their pizza delivered?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
But it's not my job to do theirs...

It's everyone's job to make the workplace respected and productive. My direct reports know they can go to HR or the CEO if there is a legitimate issue with my management of them. Complaints of, 'He's making me work, waaaa!', wont be taken seriously but if I am an incompetent grab ass then I expect some sort of sit down/review.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Then you cant go on working in the same place. It is that big. They would suspect you if you have been through the things i have seen and still go on working therr. No sane people would do it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
Then you cant go on working in the same place. It is that big.

I am employed by a very large multi-national corporation, the methods I described work for us.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I speak as a director when I say this;

Everyone should get a sad German intern.

And we're all just people.

Only stupider.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am working in a bank. I mostly did.some multinational. It never works to work with such dumb ceos. You will go and tell them all that problem about their manager that they keep for 4 years and about their hr and about their crappy reporting system and in short all those problen about themselves ...
.and you will say you still want to work and want the betterment of the system...well either he resigns in that case or i do.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
It never works to work with such dumb ceos. I mostly did.some multinational.

I think I am of the opinion that you do not get to be the CEO of a multinational bank by being dumb.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Again, in an ideal world.

I agree with you 100% but in most companies this is not the case. It's usually kill the messenger and cover up the mess.
Your company is rare in this regard.

Plus it also depends how high in the infrastructure you are. Trust me when I say someone with a Master's Degree gets listened to more than the front line people. In fact I'm sure you know this is true.

While you may have taken my statement as "flip" my personal interest is in paying my bills, not crusading for a company wide culture change. They made their bed and they can lie in it. I'd rather spend my disposable free time finding employment with a decent responsive company. They are out there and appreciate conscientious hard workers.

Battling city hall is a waste of time. Especially when they are entrenched.
Don't negate the value of walking away from a train wreck. Life's too short.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That report i sent to chief board member on wednesday was all manuel data ( i know because #ing report is fillef with pivot tables and their headings change and it is so obvious what is written in the cells are not from a drop down menu since they are filled with typos) from 5 different departments while there is a prod screen at branches for most headlines in the report. It is amazing in this age at this time i was a tool to that madness.
None of those 5 departments says no, most important of all she doesnt mind all that time and energy lost.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrptr
They aren't 'managing' where Poster works...

Your comment, 'cycling employees is what management wants', is ignorant for multiple reasons, most of all because you are not there and do not know what 'management wants' and that the financial aspect makes zero sense.
Under that middle management cretin, yes it does. I know you've seen the type too. The rule their department like a tyrant, their entrenched bureaucracy (in this case some filing system) is too complex to figure out, and god forbid someone should look too close at it, thus incurring their wrath in the form of tirades and insult. They fire at the drop of a hat, keeping only those that go along with their incompetent, bureaucratic maze.

Hi turnover, disgruntled employees, overburdensome work tasks and unruly boss.

Kind of like the uS gubment, military and other institutions. As above so below. All roads lead to Rome.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Training replacements costs more usually than keeping the ones you have.

Exactly. I would rather retrain or use an improvement plan on a underperformer than fire them while rewarding the better employees with merit increases than have them go elsewhere and take all their tribal knowledge and skills with them.

Once you get into long term employees With a decade of raises , it shifts a little im sure.

I'm sure it would but I think people with that much experience should occasionally test the interview waters to see if their valuation is commensurate with their skill set.

But reguardless there are not a lot of situations where cycling employees is beneficial to the buisness as you seemed to be stating.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Bad managers are easy to sort out, 3 phase electricity and a length of carpet and a load of quick lime and the problem will go away, creative uses of stairs are also a good solution.

Theres many ways to solve the bad boss problem just make sure theres nothing linking you to why they quit or had a rather nasty accident.

Have a look at the tales of the BOFH for plenty of creative ways of getting rid of problems.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Next time she screams at you just start laughing.

When she asks why you're laughing.

Say, "What makes you think you can yell at me like that. I'm not here to be yelled at. Next time you speak to me you need to do it in a professional manner."

If she goes ballistic just ignore her. Tell her, "When you can talk to me in a professional manner I will acknowledge your presence."

Be calm, assertive and professional. No one can questions your actions if you are rational.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

thank you. but it doesnt relieve my mom somehow.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
she gives real bad reference for youngs in the department. Because CEO said during the interview, that he isnt happy with the restof the team as well..how come? I saw them. THey are trying everything. but those #ed up files that go sheets and sheets and sheets with no logic..how can they do any better..they are also given no knowledge of what they are working on until it is very late..they do it by memorizing..and then they are blamed they dont understand what they are doing. what she said to me when i first came..dont expect anyone to tell you all the files, try to sort them out yourself. ..in that #ing folder universe even finding the right file takes minutes and sometimes you fail..because it is not there for a day. if i go to resignment on monday perhaps i will say to him. dont ever suspect the young ones. it is their manager.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

i am not rational. i am logical.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Trust me on this, it works. Pray for her!

I had a coworker (woman) who became obsessed with me once, I literally cried one day before work, in the shower.

This breaking point came on after 1-1/2 years of harassment. Nothing could be done because she had a mental disability.

That last morning I cried and actually asked god to not let me hate her. When I got to work, the transfer to our other office finally went thru, and she came up and wished me a Merry Christmas, and I never saw her again.

She got so bad with others they finally let her go.

Pray for her

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join