It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopath manager at work

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
I have a psychopath manager at work. This world can not be reeeaaaaal. 15 resignment in 1 year from her department and she is still being kept. And her work is awful. Even other managers confess her reports are illogical and messed up. And her duty is reporting.

Suggest pls!????????

I found the best way to deal with this sort of thing is that if there aren't enough people willing to do an HR coup (if you even have an HR department) then you need to play the role of a complete psycho with her behind doors. Request a meeting and start freaking out. Freak out about whatever is actually bothering you. Cuss while you freak out. Make demands. Threaten to quit.

If this person is a true sociopath, they will respect you, or possibly fire you.

If not, they will fear you and stop pestering you. Unfortunately only you.

Either way they will still be bad managers.

BTW, an HR coup is you decide among your team mates that at least 4 people will make HR complaints multiple times and not back down. The likelyhood of finding enough people to do this and follow through are very small. So it probably will never happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Psychopath manager at work

Isnt that an unpublished job requirement for any manager ?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I agree with you 100% but in most companies this is not the case. It's usually kill the messenger and cover up the mess.
Your company is rare in this regard.

It also depends on how you deliver the message and what type of supporting documentation you have. Bitching that your supervisor is an ass is not the way to go, HR and management want to hear details and specifics.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Under that middle management cretin, yes it does.

You were not talking about just that manager, you made one of your cynical, over-generalizing statements again.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
But reguardless there are not a lot of situations where cycling employees is beneficial to the buisness as you seemed to be stating.

I certainly agree that there are very few instances when this is beneficial.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

thank you. but it doesnt relieve my mom somehow.

Neither is doing nothing about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

well.she bought me strawberries?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Rascal

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

no. one of the girls suggested that to me after a little one broke down and cried in the department. it may be possible.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

hmm. Yes. perhaps. I was like the image of that idiot HR manager a few minutes ago. probably i hired.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

I was like her image too. I dont know how to do more.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
can i spoil my own thread?
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Under that middle management cretin, yes it does.

You were not talking about just that manager, you made one of your cynical, over-generalizing statements again.

Nit pick, I just said upper management and yes they protect their positions very carefully.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Fools

no. one of the girls suggested that to me after a little one broke down and cried in the department. it may be possible.

I would say to do that then. Always keep in mind that HR is not actually your friend when it comes to issues with management. HR is not like a union boss. HR is a team that has the companies interest first. Mainly to make a policy decision that is best for the management, mainly to make sure that they intercede before any legal briefs are filed against the company. That is where the stick with it portion is important. If you don't keep your warfare on going and consistent, you may actually lose.

In other words, if you and your team goes in on something like this, be sure your goal is singular and that you or none of your team will back down.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

Then be logical.

You don't get paid to get yelled at.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

the funny thing, my boyfriend left me last night yellling at me that i did all the strategy wrong with her.
perhaps he paniced it was such an unstable situation and there wasnt much he could do. Perhaps I was really wrong with my strategy. he kept saying I should informe IT he was saving my newly saved files after i complete and wasnt telling what she changed in them. (how come IT would do such a thing without a court decision or an additional request from top level management) It is not possible to discover what is changed in them, ok. So i asked her "if you were to change something in my files, you would tell me, wouldnt you?" And she made a 15 minute talk..that neither said no nor yes. thats how her explanations are on all things. they are no explanations. and he said I should have never asked her that and should have set a trap for her.

and how is that different from her?

then he told me how he could get what he deserved from each work place and that i failed miserably and they confused me like a chicken and that he even did nothing for 6 months in a job still get paied..etc..and how is that different from her? then he said he wanted us over.he was yelling btw.

edit on 15-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Nit pick...

No, pointing out the obvious.

edit on 15-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've had many psychopathic managers. Best to kiss their butt than to piss them off.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join