It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopath manager at work

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

If she's hot, I suggest you seduce her.

Then threaten to sue her for sexual harassment.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Cycling employees is what the higher ups want. Usually about the time a raise is due.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am a girl. My bet she is doing similar things with hr manager but they cant turn themselve in of course.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am a girl. My bet she is doing similar things with hr manager but they cant turn themselve in of course.

Tell her boss you self-identify as a man.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I was thinking that. They newly hired me and (not hr her manager) told me that she is bad in her relations. But it would take ages to clear this messed up reporting system. I cant be a manager here. And she is pushig me real hard. My first two weaks and i had to overtime the first day and i was put into deliberate confusing situations ( regarding what is where and which data serves what. There is folder universe here i can only navigate with last modified dates.sometimes a folder disappears and come back. I searched it 200 times.i know it wasnt there.I have already took her to hr with me when she screamed at me "didnt you do anything today"while i was working on a report that went directly to chief board person. On wednesday. even if you pay me billions i cant live like this.
edit on 14-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I have a psychopath manager at work. This world can not be reeeaaaaal. 15 resignment in 1 year from her department and she is still being kept. And her work is awful. Even other managers confess her reports are illogical and messed up. And her duty is reporting.

Suggest pls!????????

Sounds like HER Managers aren't managing her and are also "conflict avoidant". As long as her damage doesn't effect them they are going to ignore the issues. That right there tells you all you need to know. It's probably time to move on.

Brush up your resume or CV and start looking.

You can't change a toxic workplace, in fact the longer you stay the more damage it does to you. You end up learning bad business behaviors and will have a harder time once you DO get a better normal job. It sucks, I know, and probably not the answer you wanted.

It's time to cover your self, document, document, document and start rounding up proof of projects you successfully completed, things you've achieved in this job, contact info for people who can be references etc.....

Also be the best employee you can while you job search cause you "may" need a reference from this place. Don't burn any bridges till you start a new job. It's miserable to have to take the high road but colleagues and others will take note of it. Some industries are smaller and how you handle this will speak well of you.

Good Luck!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Sounds like paranoia too. Besides wage caps (firing people instead of promoting them) there also might be fear of replacing management. Management knows if people are good at their job they might be replaced by them, so they keep themselves surrounded with noobs that can be manipulated to perform or else...

not a good long term prospect for advancement, nor sanctity on the job.

edit on 14-4-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

I have a psychopath manager at work. This world can not be reeeaaaaal. 15 resignment in 1 year from her department and she is still being kept. And her work is awful. Even other managers confess her reports are illogical and messed up. And her duty is reporting.

Suggest pls!????????

Sounds like HER Managers aren't managing her and are also "conflict avoidant". As long as her damage doesn't effect them they are going to ignore the issues. That right there tells you all you need to know. It's probably time to move on.

Brush up your resume or CV and start looking.

You can't change a toxic workplace, in fact the longer you stay the more damage it does to you. You end up learning bad business behaviors and will have a harder time once you DO get a better normal job. It sucks, I know, and probably not the answer you wanted.

It's time to cover your self, document, document, document and start rounding up proof of projects you successfully completed, things you've achieved in this job, contact info for people who can be references etc.....

Also be the best employee you can while you job search cause you "may" need a reference from this place. Don't burn any bridges till you start a new job. It's miserable to have to take the high road but colleagues and others will take note of it. Some industries are smaller and how you handle this will speak well of you.

Good Luck!!!

Yes. So many things happened.so unbelievable things you wouldnt believe. And she did these to 15 other people in a year. Another reason i cant be a manager here. It will never get better

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

i suggest 16 resignations from her division

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

What reference? The first thing she did when i came to here in the morning( first day at morning.first morning) she told me she had bad reference for my personality from a specific previous place. Lia. I callled people in previous work. My boss then there is hr manager now and her closest colleaque is a friend. She said it is impossible anyone gave such a reference.tell them to call us. I havent met her for years. I told hr i can give two references from the claimed place. They said no need for whatever #ing reason and during meeting after the incident that #ing hr manager said because of bad reference about me they took a risk by hiring me. I was shocked. So that was the.only thing i could say. I am shocked.soooo suprised.

Reference this place will give me has no worth in my eye.hell with it.

Then later i learned from people..she worked in that same place and everyone was happy when she left...and somebody hired her still. Hell with the reference

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Cycling employees is what the higher ups want.

Spoken like someone who has never managed successfully.

It costs more to hirer and train people than it does to retain them with a salary increase.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Check your PM's

Also don't worry too much about job searching if you haven't been there long. As long as you have a solid work history of staying in other jobs you can pass this one off as "Employer misrepresented the job" or "Job changed from what I was originally hired for" or even "Culturally it was a bad fit".

All are equally true when you accept a job and it turns out to be "Crazy-town".

Toxic workplaces are great in covering up the disfunction during the hiring process cause they are desperate to get people. You REALLY have to know what to look for and ask the right questions. Even then the best of us have been suckered once or twice.

Check your company out on,
www.glassdoor.com...

Reviews are written by employees and can't be altered by companies. Some of it surely is sour grapes, but when you find a LOT of bad reviews, it's buyer beware. If everyone says the companies management stinks, it probably does.

Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Check your PM's

Also don't worry too much about job searching if you haven't been there long. As long as you have a solid work history of staying in other jobs you can pass this one off as "Employer misrepresented the job" or "Job changed from what I was originally hired for" or even "Culturally it was a bad fit".

All are equally true when you accept a job and it turns out to be "Crazy-town".

Toxic workplaces are great in covering up the disfunction during the hiring process cause they are desperate to get people. You REALLY have to know what to look for and ask the right questions. Even then the best of us have been suckered once or twice.

Check your company out on,
www.glassdoor.com...

Reviews are written by employees and can't be altered by companies. Some of it surely is sour grapes, but when you find a LOT of bad reviews, it's buyer beware. If everyone says the companies management stinks, it probably does.

Hope this helps.

I studied kabbalah. You cant do it with employment in certain stages. I mean i couldnt do both. And orher things too. So There is a break in my cv. Begining from 2008

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrptr
Cycling employees is what the higher ups want.

Spoken like someone who has never managed successfully.

It costs more to hirer and train people than it does to retain them with a salary increase.

They aren't 'managing' where Poster works, they are incompetent, petty tyrants. If you didn't pick up on that from their reply to me, se la ve.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-4-2017 by intrptr because: link to post

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

In office jobs I'd agree, but in many industries they just keep puppy-milling thru people like the gravy train of potential employees won't talk and they finally end up "verbally blacklisted" by job seekers.

I'm not even talking jobs like fast food or factory.
Insurance companies (adjusters), Medical device companies etc.... You'd be surprised.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I feel your pain, there's one at my work too, also a woman. These people are toxic.

The last one I had ... got herself murdered. I had left long before that, but I had a sneaking suspicion she was gonna piss the wrong person off one too many times.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If it wasnt for mom i would rather die of hunger in the streets. And perhaps i should still try it. Such a #ed up life shouldnt be possible.or let be.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Suggest pls!????????

Here is how you deal with a B of a manager, it works every time..

First off, anytime the crappy manager tells you to do something that improves the buisness, do it without complaint.

You cannot let the "straw that broke the camels back" be over something where the manager was even partially right. Because if you explode over being asked to do something that improves the buisness, when you end up in front of your boss's boss. You will look like your just being lazy and insubordinate..

How ever a crappy manager who likes to be mean to people will do it when it is not in the best interest of the buisness.. they are "beeps" by nature and won't be able to help themselves.. so you just have to bid your time.

When they finally act unprofessional when it is not in the businesses best interest, and they will. That is when you explode and make a bonifide HR issue...

Make sure that when you both finally end up seated in front of the owner, it is the crappy manager who looks unprofessional and like they are the one hurting the buisness.

They will have no choice but to apologize and promise it will never happen again..

I had one riding me a couple years ago and just waited.. but they can't help themselves.
So one day while I'm doing my job the manager basically calls me a dumb @$$ in a mean natured derogatory way...

The second he said it I spin on my heels and walk right up to him obviously pissed and say

" excuse me would you please repeat that?"

And his jaw dropped.. it took him about 2 seconds for the gears to turn and him to realize I had him exactly where I wanted him. If I felt like pushing it at that point , he would end up in front of the owner stammering through an explanation of why he had taken it upon himself to be unprofessional and disrespect an employee..

He wasn't stupid so he was instantly like,

"I apologize, that was unprofessional and it will never happen again.."

I just said thank you and walked off.

He has never said another negative word to me.

I've done it more than once and it works every time.

Real quick they realize your not food, and like any other bully, they will move on to easier prey.

edit on 14-4-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Rather than make light as some of our replicants did to your thread...Ill assume youre serious. I'd agree with ATS member BLUNTONE22:

"How is she related to one of the big wigs?
Daughter?
Grand daughter?"

Its something like that. It may be a discrimination thing theyr'e afraid of to remove her...and can be many. Race, disability, religion...something, including love affairs with higher-ups, collusion with another employee, theft etc. Of course, all the above as well. When theres no good reason to have a good reason...there is one. Otherwise, they'd be gone...and so?

Think about it. Say nothing, because obviously they wont be going anywhere...and if you do....you may be.

Good luck! Best, MS
edit on 14-4-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join