It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychopath manager at work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well they have to employ some higher level females to keep the feminists and manginas happy even if they are completely useless at their job and destructive to the business.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If it is someone related to the owner you might be screwed and should just change jobs..

All normal buisness edict goes out the window if it is family.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

WOW....so they lied right out of the gate!!

Don't worry too much about your break in steady employment. People still have lives and that's understood by reasonable employers.

Instead of focusing on your current situation you need to really focus ON YOU and start listing your skills. For your own peace of mind. You'd be surprised what you've forgotten you have done cause you are drawn too deep into the work drama.

Don't forget, as crappy as your current situation sounds, it's NOW turned into "works well under pressure" and will only make your resume better. Gotta make lemonade when you can!!

I'm rooting for you!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Well they have to employ some higher level females to keep the feminists and manginas happy even if they are completely useless at their job and destructive to the business.

BOY are you off the rails!
I've worked under plenty of useless males. They were kept on for ridiculous reasons and provided NO benefit to the company other than being a warm body who could dodge making decisions and delay new projects!!

Just WOW!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace
It has to stop.there are enough web forums for that.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Read my post at the bottom of page 2..

Works everytime.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I dont think i will keep the job.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Depends on how much you want her gone.

In the corporate world the word lawyer is all that matters. Human resources is super risk adverse, and will do anything to keep a "leader" in their corp that is a sexist out of the news and out of the court system.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, this is the sly way of doing it but you're going to need to be on your A game every day...

Wind her up, get under her skin and force her to act unprofessionally at every opportunity, stay rational and professional while recording and logging everything. Write down dates, times and other pertinent information. Make sure your work is damn near impeccable and routinely ask for progress reports from higher ups, gather any praise in writing.

Then file for a constructive dismissal case at a tribunal and get a payout. Not sure what the law says where you are but here you have to be in a year before taking that kind of action.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
They aren't 'managing' where Poster works...

Your comment, 'cycling employees is what management wants', is ignorant for multiple reasons, most of all because you are not there and do not know what 'management wants' and that the financial aspect makes zero sense.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
In office jobs I'd agree, but in many industries they just keep puppy-milling thru people like the gravy train of potential employees won't talk and they finally end up "verbally blacklisted" by job seekers.

Any company with a mapped out growth strategy will understand the value of retention over constant replacement. It costs you more in the long run, and not just salary, to keep cycling thought new hirers.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I dont want to make an hr issue. I just wanted a job that would make mom feel i am ok.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrptr
They aren't 'managing' where Poster works...

Your comment, 'cycling employees is what management wants', is ignorant for multiple reasons, most of all because you are not there and do not know what 'management wants' and that the financial aspect makes zero sense.

Training replacements costs more usually than keeping the ones you have.

Most places don't want a lot of turn over..

I manage restaurants and we figure it cost about 1000 dollars per new hire, and that is assuming the first repayment stays.. if not you could spend 5000 or 6000 just trying to replace one good one.

Once you get into long term employees With a decade of raises , it shifts a little im sure.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

I feel your pain, there's one at my work too, also a woman. These people are toxic.

The last one I had ... got herself murdered. I had left long before that, but I had a sneaking suspicion she was gonna piss the wrong person off one too many times.

The universe has a way of working things out hahaha

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

I dont want to make an hr issue. I just wanted a job that would make mom feel i am ok.

You most likely won't have to..

Once she is put in a spot where she knows you have her screwed. She will leave you alone and harass the next person.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Training replacements costs more usually than keeping the ones you have.

Exactly. I would rather retrain or use an improvement plan on a underperformer than fire them while rewarding the better employees with merit increases than have them go elsewhere and take all their tribal knowledge and skills with them.

Once you get into long term employees With a decade of raises , it shifts a little im sure.

I'm sure it would but I think people with that much experience should occasionally test the interview waters to see if their valuation is commensurate with their skill set.

edit on 14-4-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Armaments 2:9-21 And the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats...

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

How is she related to one of the big wigs?
Daughter?
Grand daughter?

bow chicka
bow bow?

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Hi J-my wife is a governmental group skills trainer for developmentally-disabled adults. She's 54, and her new boss is 25 with no experience.

Not to say this is truly the case with her...her new boss is...developmentally disabled, and much is getting all messed up. And she doesnt, and wont be facing any repercussions to work performance or lack thereof...because this manager is developmentally disabled.

It could end in a lawsuit based on discrimination of this new "manager" to remove or replace her. There are such things in the workplace....

MS

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What I've been seeing is at the higher executive levels this is true, but at the lower management levels there is some spectacularly bad practices in place and it's taking a VERY long time for the Executives to even question what the problem is. Or notice one until an audit shows what the company is spending on temps and the new hire turn-over.

By then the damage is done.

The "disconnect" is just enormous. In some of the smaller companies bad business practices are just the norm and nope....they don't care either. It's seriously comical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join