It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

What kind of comment is that?

I love my country, and hate my government. I am a true patriot. Licking the boots of the military industrial complex is NOT patriotism.

If you don't want to stand up against the tyrannical government that has taken control of our country, then maybe you should move somewhere else.

I think China is looking for some nice obedient citizens right now, go check that out.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Jerseymilker

Do you really think this is going to get rid of ISIS?

At the VERY least, it'll have them $#!^ing their pants...

I hope lil Kim was wearing diapers when he heard about this

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

What recruits, I thought all of them migrated to invade the EU.

After all in the middle east you either join the terrorist, run for your life or get killed for refusing.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: lovebeck

Sometimes we most be careful in boards in the net, where is so many different opinions, one of the things that gets me the most is how outrage people get when US uses power, that is understandable, then you have those that seems like too angered by the US shows of power to be just of opinion and against war.

It makes you go hum and take note.

After all I am sure that those that sympathized with ISIS are very much upset that ISIS camp is been targeted.

In my case I was a very big anti invasion of Iraq as an American, But when it comes to terrorist, I say kill of the mother F

I have no pity.

I agree, especially about the Iraq war. ISIS is a direct result of that colossal fcuk up. I am just glad we have someone in office who is finally doing what needs to be done to eradicate them off the planet.

LOL at these "sympathizers" they sound like total idiot nut jobs...I cannot take them seriously.

Maybe they should go volunteer or do a mission trip to Syria or the mountain regions of Afghanistan?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yall seem to have it all covered.

I have nothing to add.

(just wanted to post in one of these super hot mega threads)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I love my country, and hate my government. I am a true patriot. Licking the boots of the military industrial complex is NOT patriotism.

If you don't want to stand up against the tyrannical government that has taken control of our country, then maybe you should move somewhere else.

I think China is looking for some nice obedient citizens right now, go check that out.

True patriots support the military men and women who serve the USA. We also just defeated a true lifelong Washington crony by electing Trump in order to oust the corrupt individuals in government.

I love how SJW's think they're SO edgy and the "resistance" when, in fact, the real resistance were the millions of folks who voted for Trump.

But, Russia.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I was anti Iraq war because even then I knew it was going to be a mistake and too much private interest involved.

My husband was also part of the liberation of Kuwait, now that one, I was all for it, my husband spend over a year in the middle east working with the Saudi military.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Prior to the US invasion of Normandy

The U.S. invasion of Normandy ?

I didn't realise they did it all alone.

Don't read too much into my wording on that. The operation was the brainchild of Eisenhower and there were reasons the US took the heaviest casualties, namely because the Omaha and Utah beaches were the strongest densities of German artillery bunkers, cliffs, and troops. The US, I believe, wasn't even able to use tanks initially due to the cliffs and the logistics of getting them there under the heavy guns.

It was a team effort, obviously.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: marg6043

trump is just continuing that no good do nothings campaign of terror against the people of the middle east, except he is taking it up a level from drone strikes to MOAB's. collateral damage will be at an all time high under the trump administration.

LMAO. You HAVE GOT to be a shill...

Do you even read what you post? Do you really think there is a huge difference between a MOAB versus 30k drone strikes?

Where was your outrage when Barry was dropping those THOUSANDS of bombs all over the M.E. and sending in his death squads to take out people on his list, people who didn't live in the US and were never tried/convicted?

SMDH.

yup they even seem to forget that when we went into pakistan to get osama that we broke laws doing that but it was ok back then.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: crazyewok

I don't disagree with you in any way on this.

History has precedents that, despite modern media efforts to twist these into urban legends, actually were effective 100+ years ago.
www.frontpagemag.com...

When you said defile I thought you were suggesting dismemberment etc...

If I thought you were suggesting burying them with pigs I'd have said nothing.

No, I don't see benefits to dismembering, displaying, or mutilating corpses of anyone. I was purely referring to my understanding of "defiling" bodies in such a way that Islam teaches would preclude the previously living body's owners from reaching their treasures of the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
One bomb for every known ISIS stronghold please.
Let every single one of those fighters there, or planning to go, know that the only thing they have to look forward to is vapourisation.
edit on 13/4/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Do you really need to drop a bomb that has a radius of a mile? You cannot avoid innocents with these type of weapons..

It doesn't have a kill radius of a mile, and it wasn't dropped on a village.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: crazyewok

I don't disagree with you in any way on this.

History has precedents that, despite modern media efforts to twist these into urban legends, actually were effective 100+ years ago.
www.frontpagemag.com...

When you said defile I thought you were suggesting dismemberment etc...

If I thought you were suggesting burying them with pigs I'd have said nothing.

No, I don't see benefits to dismembering, displaying, or mutilating corpses of anyone. I was purely referring to my understanding of "defiling" bodies in such a way that Islam teaches would preclude the previously living body's owners from reaching their treasures of the afterlife.

Then funnily enough, we agree for once.

Anyways I haven't commented on the actual topic so I may as well now...

If no civilians, slaves or hostages were killed during this operation, I couldn't care less...
Just as long as it took out as many terrorists as possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

No you dont the minute i hear things like military industrial complex tells me your to far gone. See there are companies that sell weapons there are countries that buy them this is called capitalism. Yes shocker every company wants the government to buy their stuff however having seen contract bidding up close i will tell you they have no control. So when people like you try to make them out to be all powerful im sure they appreciate it but its just not reality. Oh and just because there is a war doesnt mean they make more money often they have to lower their bids because the generals want other stuff to and have a budget. In other words during a conflict the generals seem to take the time to negotiate so they can get all the toys they want.
edit on 4/13/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I really want to hear the tactical reason for using this bomb. How many Taliban were killed. We don't ever have any real reporting on these wars anymore so we just don't know

Or is this just a part of Trump way of showing the world he's tough.

Don't get me wrong I loath the Taliban. If you could get all of them in one place then go right ahead use this bomb but it of course not going to happen...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Was it Eisenhower who came up with the term military industrial complex?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I really want to hear the tactical reason for using this bomb. How many Taliban were killed. We don't ever have any real reporting on these wars anymore so we just don't know

Don't get me wrong I loath the Taliban. If you could get all of them in one place then go right ahead use this bomb but it of course not going to happen...

The shelf life was about to expire??

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Willtell

The shelf life was about to expire??

What of the bomb?

Your probably right. I wonder how much it costs. The MIC loves Trump now.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Prior to the US invasion of Normandy

The U.S. invasion of Normandy ?

I didn't realise they did it all alone.

Don't read too much into my wording on that. The operation was the brainchild of Eisenhower and there were reasons the US took the heaviest casualties, namely because the Omaha and Utah beaches were the strongest densities of German artillery bunkers, cliffs, and troops. The US, I believe, wasn't even able to use tanks initially due to the cliffs and the logistics of getting them there under the heavy guns.

It was a team effort, obviously.

No it wasn't.

Montgomery mainly devised Operation Overlord, The Day D Landing.

Don't believe the myths.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I say good job! About time someone actually tried to wipe a large swath of them out.

I can only imagine the scene...battling special forces teams and falling back to their bunker tunnels thinking they are safe to engage from there, then being excited to see the special forces groups retreating, only to hear a sharp whistling just before complete destruction of their entire base of operations, then the special forces teams merging back on the base directly after and sweeping the leftovers.

Seems like a pretty tight operation that went off as planned and nobody caught wind of it prior to the hit, unlike the administration prior announcing it weeks in advance and never actually hitting any real targets because they were long gone.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join