It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drops MOAB Bomb in Afghanistan

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Who the hell said anything about not supporting our troops? I know I said nothing even close to that. Yeah, Trump won, but there is still a deeply entrenched military industrial complex and shadow government making huge moves.

I know one of the reasons that I voted for Trump was to put an end to regime change nation building wars of aggression. He campaigned on that promise, and spoke on it both times I saw him speak during his campaign.

I stand with Trump's campaign promise of ending our middle eastern nation building nonsense.

Are you actually calling me an SJW? Lol?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
I am not looking forward to how many civilians have died. This size bomb was not needed. What is wrong with your president?

Not just the President. WTF is wrong with the people who are ok with this (assuming it's real)? We use poor civilians in distant countries as test subjects for our MIC, then we wonder why people over there hate us.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: LSU0408

What kind of comment is that?

I love my country, and hate my government. I am a true patriot. Licking the boots of the military industrial complex is NOT patriotism.

If you don't want to stand up against the tyrannical government that has taken control of our country, then maybe you should move somewhere else.

I think China is looking for some nice obedient citizens right now, go check that out.

Yup you're spot on. The cult are in full denial mode as usual. He's proving himself to be yet another warmonger, and has done so many 180s he must be dizzy as # by now.

You can't be accused of lacking patriotism for holding your government to account. It's the exact opposite. You care about your country. Blind faith is not patriotism.

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You have been reading ATS since 2008, and you don't think that the military lobby is powerful?

Are you high, or just mentally disabled?

War is a MASSIVE profit center, and if you don't understand how it all works, then you might be too ignorant to educate.

link   
a reply to: lostbook

A fairly obvious show of force, leading up to Lil kim.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

You know that could be very much right, after all we now have other technology to take over, the bomb was to be used for the Afghanistan war back during the gulf war, but never used.

I guess it was time to clean the warehouse.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Obama dropped 26,000 bombs in 2016 alone.

Where was your outrage then?

Hillary ordered drone hits that killed hundreds of children in countries we were not even at war with. She even bragged about it in her memoirs and said she would do it again.

edit on 13-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

fighting ISIS was a campaign promise

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

You should have been here during the time the Iraqi war was in full force, we had some debating that you would have love about the military industrial complex, the privatization of the military, the geopolitical wars and the cabals behind the invasion of Iraq.

Lordy, lordy we did have all kind of topics

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

How many civilians have died at the hands of tyrants like Hussein and Assad, not to mention th Taliban and Al Qaida? Let's not sit here and pretend these civilians had some magically robust life expectancy before the US had their fill of the terrorist's horsecrap and took action.

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Hillary ordered drone hits that killed hundreds of children in countries we were not even at war with. She even bragged about it in her memoirs and said she would do it again.

His outrage was on ATS.

Maybe you were too busy hating the "Muslim hordes" to read his very consistent posts on the matter.

link   
war is neither right or wrong it is all about two things, self-defense, resources or land and that's it.
when you bring morals, ideals and justice into things it becomes warped and messy and it drags things on for too long through two ways, either lack of decisive action to end things due to trying to "protect" people or intentional destabilization to prevent progress in the war for either side.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

How many civilians have died at the hands of tyrants like Hussein and Assad, not to mention th Taliban and Al Qaida? Let's not sit here and pretend these civilians had some magically robust life expectancy before the US had their fill of the terrorist's horsecrap and took action.

Really, you're arguing to kill the civilians before the terrorists get a chance to do it!

He's right, I'd hate you for that...
You'd hate me for that...

Why wouldn't they hate us for that?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Really, you're arguing to kill the civilians before the terrorists get a chance to do it!

They already hate us.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I have been here since the start, I just didn't post as I wasn't too keen on having feds showing up at my house for comments I made online.

I don't really care anymore, we are all going to die or be locked up in FEMA camps eventually anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

His outrage was on ATS.

Maybe you were too busy hating the "Muslim hordes" to read his very consistent posts on the matter.

Can the personall attacks and false attributions.

Nobody used the term "muslim hordes" in this thread besides you.

I have never used that term. Ever.

edit on 13-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They already hate us.

Every day civilians "hate us"?

Ok mate. Sure thing.

If me, and the other 1.6billion Muslims hated you, you'd be fighting a different war.

Just to clear up that nonsense.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I have been around for a long time, I have seen all kind of things, but life goes on as usual, is good to debate the world and our leaders, but at the end of the day I live life to the fullest and make sure I enjoy whatever time I have left.

It keeps me happy and with a sane mind when I am here in ATS.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

"As ISIS-K's losses have mounted, they are using IEDs, bunkers and tunnels to thicken their defense," Gen. John W. Nicholson, the top commander in Afghanistan, said in the release. "This is the right munition to reduce these obstacles and maintain the momentum of our offensive against ISIS-K."

The release said the U.S. took "every precaution" to avoid civilian casualties, a position White House spokesman Sean Spicer reiterated on Thursday.

"The United States takes the fight against ISIS very seriously and in order to defeat the group, we must deny them operational space, which we did," Spicer said. "The United States took all precautions necessary to prevent civilian casualties and collateral damage as a result of the operation."

Spicer also described the bomb as "a large, powerful and accurately delivered weapon."

AirForceTimes.com - CENTCOM: US drops 'mother of all bombs' on ISIS in Afghanistan.

The are in a mountainous region. As ISIS was pushed back they started lining every access method and building more tunnels. Trump authorized the military to take action. Whatever they decided he would back. So, thinking it over a MOAB was decided to be used. The best method to clear away mines and/or IEDs and fighters. No need for another military service loss of life.

From an operational standpoint, I would say that it was the correct call. Applause for freeing the military to actually inflict severe damage against ISIS.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

"As ISIS-K's losses have mounted, they are using IEDs, bunkers and tunnels to thicken their defense," Gen. John W. Nicholson, the top commander in Afghanistan, said in the release. "This is the right munition to reduce these obstacles and maintain the momentum of our offensive against ISIS-K."

The release said the U.S. took "every precaution" to avoid civilian casualties, a position White House spokesman Sean Spicer reiterated on Thursday.

"The United States takes the fight against ISIS very seriously and in order to defeat the group, we must deny them operational space, which we did," Spicer said. "The United States took all precautions necessary to prevent civilian casualties and collateral damage as a result of the operation."

Spicer also described the bomb as "a large, powerful and accurately delivered weapon."

AirForceTimes.com - CENTCOM: US drops 'mother of all bombs' on ISIS in Afghanistan.

The are in a mountainous region. As ISIS was pushed back they started lining every access method and building more tunnels. Trump authorized the military to take action. Whatever they decided he would back. So, thinking it over a MOAB was decided to be used. The best method to clear away mines and/or IEDs and fighters. No need for another military service loss of life.

From an operational standpoint, I would say that it was the correct call. Applause for freeing the military to actually inflict severe damage against ISIS.

Fight them to push them out of the cities and then bomb them and leave none alive.. sounds like a sound strategy.
Hopefully they cleaned up by going in and killing any survivors.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join