It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs About the Struggle: The People v. TPTB

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I'm not surprised to see you here, dear friend...I know you feel deeply! Sorry guys, gotta give her a *hug*.

Just getting back home and really happy to see so many videos for me to watch later.

Song lyrics can mean very different things to different people and videos are only one perspective as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes though, the video is perfect for the words and message and then it's truly powerful.
jacy

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi girl,did i tell you,next month i am going to be a Granny
about bloody time too- i kept telling my 2 gals "you know my neighbour lady is a few months younger then me,and she has FIVE grandkids" accompanied with a longsuffering look of course

well i'm rather catching up

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I LOVE that song (Radioactive)! Too bad the video doesn't do it justice.

If you felt like sharing what you meant by that, I'd be willing to learn.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi ladies and gents

I wanted to drop this in response to intrptr's Spike Lee Joint (that was Awesome!) but will stop back in later when I can respond to some of your posts in more depth.
This movie--La Haine (1995) is a masterpiece. This rap is the French version of sticking it to the man

Raxoxane, congratulations on your wonderful news! I imagine that grandmas have some of the best fun in the world.

Might I add that I assume "police" are not, in general, part of the problem.. most are regular guys trying to earn a difficult living I imagine.
(Though police training should be top of our LEO agenda)
edit on 13-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Good morning zosimov!

I've got too many tabs open here. I want to congratulate Raxoxane on becoming a grandma soon! and also am working on a reply to intrptr about the song Radioactive.

Will have to pop out into the real world soon, but wanted to respond...and I will be back this afternoon.
Still participating, just a little scattered today!
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Wonderful jacy, I also want to take my time and respond to a few.. let's take our time, enjoy

Good morning to you too! Have a great day!

A few posts on here so far with Bob Marley, one of the best revolutionaries of all time!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Heavy.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Great choices zosimov!
I'm lurking around today, lol.

I decided to search for the "Radioactive" video meaning and found that the band actually wanted a video that seemed to have nothing to do with the song itself. I was also reading comments on the youtube page and noticed that someone wrote that they "didn't like the muppets theme", lol.

While the song is basically about awakening to reality, and Lou Diamond Phillips character is perhaps representative of the rich and powerful (greed/control/money)...and the forced fighting between the stuffed animals could be us useless eaters/slaves/powerless humans...
I guess it's just a personal thing, I thought the song was great but the video disappointed me.

Here is the link if you, intrprtr or anybody are interested in reading:
Imagine Dragons' Radioactive Video
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hi jacy!

I've been dropping in here and there but really got a lot going on! Between work and this kid have only been able to drop a couple of songs. lol.
Enjoy the rest of your Friday!

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I also want to watch the Radioactive vid and check into your comments.. will do soon!
I'm planning a post about that Vince Staples vid I posted in OP as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Aww, I understand. Today is a quiet day for me so I'm taking advantage of it by hanging out here.

There's definitely much that can be discussed regarding the thread topic and the videos that accompany the songs we've all chosen. My brain isn't really up for deep discussion today, but perhaps our replies will pique somebody's interest and they might eventually participate.

You have a great Friday too!
jacy

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi friends!
I've learned a lot from reading and responding to this thread. I really want to thank everyone who has contributed to this great and important discussion so far.
A few points that I'd like to rehash and if anyone wants to address any of them later, great.
Human nature is deep and wide-- There are really really wonderful people out there. When I go looking for the good people, I find them

Also.. there is also evil beyond comprehension. Worldly power seems to attract evil, or create it.

Whoever are in "control" are sick and twisted. Life means nothing to some who are ruled by money and power.
intrptr made an excellent point that the TV, music (mainstream, mostly), education system, church enterprise, can truly damage us as youth. This may or may not be purposeful but I believe it is. Considering how the media/TV today manipulates opinion and limits our options regarding knowledge and thought. The more time spent with it, the more we think alike (but in a polarized fashion).

The Vince Staples video is interesting. It alludes to all of the ways in which we are distracted (again.. is this purposful? I think yes). First, the scantily dressed girls try to lure him from his task. Next there's two guys drinking and bbq-ing (pass-times to while the time and energy away). Then we see the drug dealer/pimp who opens his coat where we see a black hole where the inside pocket would be. Meanwhile, industrial, unmanned machinery is randomly sniping people. Vince is paid by a nervous looking but edgy cop (one cop vs all the people) in riot gear to entertain the masses.
In the end, the guns are still shooting. The people realize they are trapped. On the other side of glass a rich family is watching the hood burn for entertainment and pleasure.
Crazy.
Thanks again for all the great music and comments!

We do have the freedom to be good to ourselves, our family, and all the people out there we can help
That is really great news.

edit on 15-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join