It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs About the Struggle: The People v. TPTB

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Plebs, untouchables, serfs, slaves, mench, peasants, sheeple-- call it what you want, but chances are, you, like I, are part of a class that is considered beneath-- lower.
We work, buy, pay, give, follow, serve, fight for these people. Our kings. And what do we get in return?
Steady doses of fear, uncertainty, imprisonment, leeching of the little we have stowed away? NO THANK YOU.
I'm not mad. But the disgust runs as deep as it can go when callous disregard for the sanctity of life comes into play. Malevolent force, violence, oppression, mind control, usury (keep people perpetually in a state of debt and stress) are common practices of some of the richest, most powerful people on the planet.
I almost feel sorry for these hungry ghosts, and will continue to pray for them. The Oppressors are just as shackled as the oppressed.

So, ATS, I would like to share a few videos that detail the struggle of the people. Please share yours.
And never forget-- there is power in being on the side of righteousness. Each one of us is a tremendously powerful being, imagine us all together!

There is also great power in music. If this weren't true, then why was Geraldo Vandre arrested for performing this song in 1968? Rumors have it that he was tortured (he never publically admitted it) by the Brazillian totalitarian authorities before being forced into exile.
The refrain goes like this:
Come, let's go
Cause to wait is not to know
Those who know choose the time
They don't wait for it to happen

This video is incredibly powerful:

Two more amazing videos coming up: the second video (Vince Staples) is chilling and deep, and the first has real footage of Dr. King's arrest.

Also, if you haven't seen this video on one of my other threads, please take a moment to watch. Palestinian and Israeli kids making music together hoping for a better day. Can't get any more deep.

I have a lot of hope that the power structures are breaking. The foundation is unsteady. We may see the day where we the peasants can be free to create the reality WE want for our lives.

edit on 12-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Plebs, untouchables, serfs, slaves, mench, peasants, sheeple-- call it what you want, but chances are, you, like I, are part of a class that is considered beneath-- lower.
We work, buy, pay, give, follow, serve, fight for these people. Our kings.

Theres a reason why stone castles dot the European landscape. Castles with hi walls parapets, armored guards, moats and draw bridges were built at great cost to keep the people out.

So they could enslave them, fleece them, oppress them with impunity.

You want freedom, figure a way inside the castle.

Praying for them isn't going to help. Might as well pray for lions to stop killing for a living.

Declaration of Independance

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I strongly believe in the power of prayer

But you are free to use your own methods, of course.

As for being inside that castle, in that isolated tower, that is not for me, friend.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I strongly believe in the power of prayer

But you are free to use your own methods, of course.

As for being inside that castle, in that isolated tower, that is not for me, friend.

I don't mean become like them once inside that castle. I mean take them outside and dispose of them, like King Louie and Marie Antoinette, like Mussolini, Ceausescu and Caesar.

Religion is designed to control the masses.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I believe we were designed to connect with our creator. (However we can do this most effectively, whether it be through an organized religion or a personal journey, is up to the individual, imo).

I wasn't religious 5 years ago, before I read Jesus's words in the NT and decided that's how I would like to live my life.

Now I suppose I feel more free and also my perspective has shifted a bit. Less worried by the illusion of control. More loving toward people I don't know (and don't particularly like).

But of course, that is my own path. Enjoy yours as best you can!

BTW--Did you like the songs/videos?

As for displacing the king.. ugh the heads that rolled even after the disposition. I can't really endorse that method either. I know that evil has settled right into human affairs and is not likely to change its ways any time soon.. but I also think that the end of days might be near for these billionare hedge fund overlords (one can hope!).

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Great message and videos

Music is so powerful that it's responsible for both the freedom and opression of people.

Nice new avatar

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Music is so powerful that it's responsible for both the freedom and opression of people.

Great comment-- real talk there. What message does main stream music have for us?

I like your new avatar too!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Praying for them isn't going to help. Might as well pray for lions to stop killing for a living.

well, once upon a biblical time there was this guy named Daniel who had an unusual encounter with some lions... lol

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Pick any song by Rage Against the Machine and press play.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Also

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Tupac has a lot of anti-establishment music too. His whole last album is named "Killuminati"

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh yes, thank you!

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend

originally posted by: intrptr

well, once upon a biblical time there was this guy named Daniel who had an unusual encounter with some lions... lol

Fairytales. Or tabloid hand me downs, blown up to draw 'views'.
edit on 12-4-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Like it or not, mythos has a deep impact on our species (for reasons unknown), and ours alone.
I can only speculate as to why, and my conclusion is that (regardless of the ridicule of George Carlin, etc- who I love btw) we were made to find meaning in symbols, in numbers, in events, and in myth whereas other species don't seem to have been.

?

Who knows?

I sure don't. But my theory works well for me and doesn't lead me to harm others etc so i think it's a fine perspective.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Without going all organized religion I agree, what matters (in the end) is how we treat others. But praying for peace wouldn't have defeated the likes of Hitler, now would it?

I bet there was some heavy praying going on then, ask yourself why a just god would allow the horrific deaths of tens of millions during WWII?

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I know and it gets so complicated I have no real answer but for this: (also let's not forget the over 10 million Christians murdered by Bolsheviks in the forgotten genocide, Cambodia, Indonesia, China.. mass scenes of evil)

We all die. The good, the bad, the slave and king, all share the same fate. Those who have experienced "death" often come back with interesting, wonderful tales. Even if this is a delusion of the mind, where is the fear/pain we all associate with death? Maybe it is not as horrific as we all fear.

I know that innocent people have gone through hell right here on earth and for that I can't speak at all. I can speak for my own suffering but not that of others and know that mine (while not nearly as bad as some of what I've read) has made me a better/stronger person.

And, I definitely agree with you that it comes down to our individual treatment of others and also to being a living example of love wherever you can (give a person the chance to choose good over evil- hence the other cheek, ect).

I do see good come out of evil. I have to hope there is a reason for all of this but so what if I'm wrong? Then I perish, forever, and my individual thoughts go with me.

Great discussion, I definitely enjoy a good discussion.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

I know and it gets so complicated I have no real answer but for this: (also let's not forget the over 10 million Christians murdered by Bolsheviks in the forgotten genocide, Cambodia, Indonesia, China.. mass scenes of evil)

We all die. The good, the bad, the slave and king, all share the same fate. Those who have experienced "death" often come back with interesting, wonderful tales. Even if this is a delusion of the mind, where is the fear/pain we all associate with death? Maybe it is not as horrific as we all fear.

I know that innocent people have gone through hell right here on earth and for that I can't speak at all. I can speak for my own suffering but not that of others and know that mine (while not nearly as bad as some of what I've read) has made me a better/stronger person.

And, I definitely agree with you that it comes down to our individual treatment of others and also to being a living example of love wherever you can (give a person the chance to choose good over evil- hence the other cheek, ect).

I do see good come out of evil. I have to hope there is a reason for all of this but so what if I'm wrong? Then I perish, forever, and my individual thoughts go with me.

Great discussion, I definitely enjoy a good discussion.

Wars always blame other religions (other Gods), for what is done to them. Usually its about economic gain, conquest of territory for resources, power and control, in the name of religion. Witness the war on terror, publicly its not about oil or world domination, but against terrorism (Islamic Jihadist, Muslim extremist), -- i.e., religious grounds for "Humanitarian" reasons.

The Spanish pillaged the Americas carrying a crucifix at the front of the column, they were all about converting the Heathens (but really were after their gold).

These greedy, power hungry, control freaks don;t care about the masses of people they slaughter, the nations they trample, they count on your benign peace loving nature to get away with their crimes. They depend on it.

I also agree, its important to not become what we are fighting against, not become like them.

Difficult line to walk there. Difficult decisions are coming our way.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Plenty to think about here.
I agree that the benign and peace loving do not always triumph over evil but when they do it is a sight to behold!

Jesus was (according to the legend) peace loving, and look how many he has influenced by being so. Also Ghandi, Dr. King are examples of the power of passive resistance or appealing to the humanity in others. (Not the top tier you're talking about- I agree they are too far gone.

Of course, many have been murdered and disappeared in silence for standing up for the right thing and now lie in obscurity.

I agree we may be facing some real heavy times ahead.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Public Enemy... Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos

Best intro line in music history imho....

"I got a letter from the government the other day"
"I opened it and read they were suckas"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join