It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Sends 150K Troops To North Korean Border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't think it's an invasion force. China surely does not want to absorb millions of brain washed refugees. The move is probably to stop a migration route or set up refugee camps along the boarder.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A test of the NK ego.
Does Un suppress it or leave it un controlled?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Just think, after Krazy Kim nukes the west coast, all shackles will be off the US to use nukes preemptively from that day till eternity, ensuring nobody else ever gets the chance to fire a nuke at us again. Too bad for the radical lefties in Californiastan, but nukes will fly in their names in vengeance.

I do not believe the US would retaliate with Nukes as they would not really be needed.

500 cruise missiles B2s. B52s and carrier aircraft plus aircraft from japan could make a mess of the Norks in short order.
plus it would look good to the rest of the world if we went conventional.
plus we would have a number of other countries sending in there forces under treaties like.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES AND
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
RIO TREATY
SOUTHEAST ASIA TREATY
NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY (NATO)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Yes, behold President Trump, the rock, the hard place, like a wind from America he sweeps by blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor, we walk... in the garden of his turbulence!

Good one Chaucer đź‘Ť

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe those troops are there to turn back a wave of refugees?

If anyone has inside info as to what is going on in NK I am betting it would be China.

There is either a coup coming or Kimmy is going to do something so stupid that he is going to get Pyongyang flattened and the Chinese don't want to be cleaning up anyone else's mess just yet.
edit on 46pMon, 10 Apr 2017 18:04:46 -050020172017-04-10T18:04:46-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: a

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

I agree, this could all go horribly wrong, NK is Chinas Pitbull, one week we have rising tension between America and China over the Islands in the South China sea. The next week we have America and China playing golf. What's the deal?? is it have the Islands but take care of NK?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Apparently the Chinese round up NK refugees now and again and send them back to lil kim. They don't give them visas and let them stay. If they get to Mongolia, they can fly to South Korea but its a long trip.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
If kim went I am guessing the koreas would reunite.

You've got a lot of it right in this thread.

Now: Do you think China is going to allow for re-unification of North and South Korea?

Or ... are they more interested in their own expansion? Remember, the Chinese have been there bolstering the North the entire time. That's quite an investment to give up.

I think if the North Korean despot and his cronies were struck down, those Chinese divisions would rush in to fill the void. Doesn't matter what the auspices of their presence are claimed. They'll be there to hold and control half of the Korean peninsula.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

This NK situation has really got me nervous.

I really think these troops are probably just to shore up the Chinese borders to keep North Koreans out in the event of destabilization/war. China does not want NK citizens or the responsibility of dealing with them. They just like the fact that NK is a thorn in the side of SK and the US.

Here is the thing, I do not believe any attack on NK can end in anything short of disaster. At the very least many thousand South Koreans would be killed from NK artillery no matter what.

I don't care if we performed a perfect assassination/coup and an incredibly large coordinated attack, the second the NK troops found out the US attacked they would launch the artillery no matter what they were ordered to do, and there is just way to stop it. They are so brainwashed of our evil they do not think rationally, and have been prepared for years to launch at a moments notice.

An artillery attack on Seoul would likely result in a nuclear response on Pyongyang by the US. Then we would have to pray china does nothing. Maybe we would refrain from that, but even so we would blow it to hell one way or another.

The only way I think this could work is some kind of internal coup, that would miraculously lead to more reasonable leadership. That is a real long shot seeing as how virtually all the military leaders think very similarly to Kim, and would 99% be likely to continue on as a dictator. Since there is no economy, and no trained workforce doing anything other than continuing a dictatorship would lead to civil war or another coup and their likely death.

On the other hand every day we wait, the stronger NK becomes, wait long enough and they will have hundreds of ICBMS that the crazy regime can launch on a moments notice. This really is unacceptable.

Bottom line NK is F*d, and it feels like there is no solution that will not involve many thousands if not millions dying, to me the question is not if there will be a horrific outcome, it is a matter of when and what form will it take. To me it feels like the time may be very soon.
edit on 10-4-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Let's just hope it's not a force to invade South Korea with!

But I'm thinking they're most likely a deterrent against any potential US/South Korean invasion.

If anything, it's to keep the NK's from swarming into China.

I haven't heard anything about this move here in HK btw.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe Trump's deal was to get China to help oust fat boy and we'll forget about arguments over some man-made islands in the South China sea.

What I don't get is why Un keeps antagonizing the west. My guess is if anyone really does come after him, he'd probably go hide somewhere and wet his pants.

There must be some other players involved. Where does NK get the knowledge to build nukes? The Internet maybe but I think fat boy is getting support from somewhere. Russia and/or Iran? Pakistan? Heck, I wouldn't put it past France to sell stuff to NK.

edit on 4-10-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
They are not backin North Korea if they wanted to back them right now they would be move troops inside to shield from attack saying attack NK is an attack on both of us. This is to tell Kim to calm down. China stopped importing of the countries coal too.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Stocks are up because of this news.
It's a good thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I was thinking....
Trump talked big for a long time about things that probably frightened China. His talk about trade changes, etc., put China just where he wanted them. Maybe all along Trump planned to use that to leverage China to do something about North Korea. Perhaps he agreed to something related to trade in exchange for China doing something about NK.

The Art of the Deal....

I am also certain that whatever Trump agreed to will still be good for American trade.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slave2theTruth

I am hoping that it is China making a move AGAINST North Korea and not sending a message to the United States to stay the F out of NK.

The US is china's biggest trading partner. The Chinese pm is a smart guy, he's going to do what's best for his people. If that means taking the high road and sending the fat turd the hell of a million spikes, oh well.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
On His way back home the Chinese President made a pit stop in Alaska to visit with the Gov.

The governor used his brief time with Xi to make a strong pitch for the gas export project and acknowledged China's status as the state's largest trade partner. Xi assured Walker that China's government is paying close attention to trade and liquefied natural gas resources in Alaska. Xi, who had never been to Alaska, said he has flown over the state many times and has always wanted to visit.

www.adn.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is just speculation so don't make a fuss about it:

Lil'Kim is a bigger problem for China then the US. Every time a missile test happens there is a chance of failure that could harm China. The US doesn't really get impacted by these launches other then rising fears. I'm wondering if the Naval Battlegroup that the US sent over there was to support China and it's operations.

While China does have massive ground troops, technology wise we have the edge, and China could benefit from our spy tech in a joint operation against NK. Another benefit China would get is the political bonus it would get globally for taking out Lil'Kim while working with the US. China becomes stronger in the Asian Pacific region, and the world gets rid of a Nuclear nut job. IT's win win.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
This is just speculation so don't make a fuss about it:

Lil'Kim is a bigger problem for China then the US. Every time a missile test happens there is a chance of failure that could harm China. The US doesn't really get impacted by these launches other then rising fears. I'm wondering if the Naval Battlegroup that the US sent over there was to support China and it's operations.

While China does have massive ground troops, technology wise we have the edge, and China could benefit from our spy tech in a joint operation against NK. Another benefit China would get is the political bonus it would get globally for taking out Lil'Kim while working with the US. China becomes stronger in the Asian Pacific region, and the world gets rid of a Nuclear nut job. IT's win win.

Well, after poking around for awhile I'm not sure this could be refugee wall, nor help for the US. This is starting to look like China is backing Kim. Without an official statement as to the purpose of the troop move (if true), I'm still skeptical of China.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

This sounds to me like China is protecting their border if US decided to show power against NK

It actualy sounds to me like Trump a Xi had a meeting whereby they both agreed to scare NK into some form of submission.

150,000 Chinese military across on the Yalu, US Naval warships at sea, Seoul and Japan, they're boxed in, and if China even intimates that they've had enough and are preventing a refugee overload by way of armed personnel, then Kimeroo will poop out a Jung Il figurine and go runnin for shelter....even if it is a façade.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Think of a goalie... monitoring the border... China doesn't want the refugee invasion...

If this signals anything, it's coming closer to the reunification of Korea and the end of the BS ceasefire that has been used as a hot spot for FAR TOO LONG... we are talking 1953?

Come on...

It's the NK Military, not the propped up scapegoat leader who's brother was just murdered a couple of weeks ago...

I certainly hope that this pressure point is soon to end, seems like the leader from China, is on the side of moving on from the past...

YMMV...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join