It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Thats insane... while I hope the guy gets fair compensation...

I wonder if he got bullied into signing something before being let back on, guy looked like he was out of it when he was shown back on the plane.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The other thing that is annoying is that these airlines purposely overbook flights knowing there will be no shows then they expect the paying customers to be inconvenienced because their statistical model didn't work out. If you want to overbook a flight to maximize revenue on a fixed asset then fine, but they need to be prepared to pay whatever it takes for people to give up seats.

Personally, I think the FAA should mandate they can only offer cash, not vouchers. They typically offer vouchers as they know often times you will never get around to using it and then usually those vouchers are the lowest class available.

In the UK, we have "standby" bookings. They are bit cheaper but require you to be a few flights earlier than your scheduled flight. If there is a no-show, then you get an earlier flight. Otherwise, you wait.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Its worse than that in this case, the airlines could have booked their people on a competitor for half the price they kicked people for.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

once law enforcement arrived, the passenger should have complied.
the airplane, is no place to plead your case. that is what a court is for.

the same goes for traffic stops and any time you interact with a police officer. it's okay to say your peace but at some point you got to know when your voice will be better heard in a court of law.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

So you don't have a problem with this dude being dragged off the plane?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

no i don't.

the time to plead your case is in court. resisting an order from a law enforcement officer is not a good idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

no i don't.

the time to plead your case is in court. resisting an order from a law enforcement officer is not a good idea.

ha.
wow man. you suck

in other airline news. a turkish airline crew deliver baby mid air

www.huffingtonpost.com...

for the most part i agree it is best to comply.....fight it later as they say.

it is getting old though. people having to deal with fighting it later cause the cops get all #in gung ho like on this dude.

the thing about fighting it in court is you have to miss work. you have to lawyer up. costs time and money.

what if you live in state a but are in state b about to fly back and something like this happens?
when you go to fight it out in court im thinking you have to go to state b.

so whats a person to do?

like i said for the most part i agree but # like this goes too far.
a paying customer who is not being violent does not need to be tuned up like this cause the airline made a booking error. not really the customers problem.

he will make out in the end though. the airline is gonna be kissing his ass and writing him a check and they should
edit on 10-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I wonder if he got bullied into signing something before being let back on, guy looked like he was out of it when he was shown back on the plane.

They probably threatened to put him on a "no fly" list if he made a stink. The big corporate elite probably feel empowered now that they have a business man in the WH.
edit on 10-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Irishhaf

They probably threatened to put him on a "no fly" list if he made a stink.

If there is not a law suit after it looked like he got knocked out.. or at least knocked silly thats probably a good guess.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

no i don't.

ha.
wow man. you suck

post an article showing a person who argues with or ignores an order from a law enforcement officer where the civilian gets exactly what he wanted without a physical altercation.

the place to plead your case is in court.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It certainly ISN'T a good idea, but that doesn't mean they should have treated him like a spoiled child and drag him out by his wrists.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ive been reading how airline and stewardess forums are discussing this. They are saying that the airline is in potential legal trouble. Citing all these articles on airline customer contracts and such. Article 21 and 25 whatever those are. But basically they are saying in this case once they have allowed you to bord the aircraft they cant force you to volunteer to give up your seat unless its for medical emegencies, and legal emergencies. Overbooking is not one of the legal reasons they can force you off the plane its a violation of their own contract with you.

Personally i hope united airlines gets sued into bankruptcy
edit on 10-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

ok.
im with the guy that didnt want to move though.
# court in this one.
let me fly and leave me alone or rough me up and write me a check.
either outcome works for me

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It certainly ISN'T a good idea, but that doesn't mean they should have treated him like a spoiled child and drag him out by his wrists.

it would not have happened if he listened to the instruction given by law enforcement.

he can lawyer up and plead his case before a judge. no harm to anyone.
it's how our system is suppose to work.

taking law into your own hands is never a good idea.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

no i don't.

ha.
wow man. you suck

post an article showing a person who argues with or ignores an order from a law enforcement officer where the civilian gets exactly what he wanted without a physical altercation.

I used to teach LE in CIT....Crisis intervention training...those goons wanted to power trip and rough that guy up. Evidenced by the video. They could have spent 5 more min. talking to the guy but they didn't want to. Off duty LE just picking up a little extra "security" money. I know how it works.
edit on 10-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
and has anybody wondered about the mental/emotional state of the guy for awhile?...considering he looked like he'd just been run over by the plane. it's probably not something you could just take a valium and get over. they probably should have picked someone a lil less smart. and with less money to throw at a lawyer.
also, who WOULD get the smack if it came down to it? the pilots? the police? the steward(esses)?
i'd just walk into the courtroom and stand there with my hands on my hips, looking at the judge like, "bruh...you saw the video right?"

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Oh great. Just stand aside and let the system walk on you. Even if the police were in the right to remove him from the plane, it still doesn't excuse the way they did it.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

They could have offered customers better compensation than 800 bucks like theyre supposed to and maybe somebody wwold have volunteered.

But you are correct the security were unprofessional goons power tripping because they are bored and were excited to finally do something.
edit on 10-4-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

ok.
im with the guy that didnt want to move though.
# court in this one.
let me fly and leave me alone or rough me up and write me a check.
either outcome works for me

purposely looking for a law enforcement officer to "rough you up" is whats wrong with the mindset of people. we have laws in place and avenues for people to speak their mind.

we have two different issues here.
1: the right of the customer to expect services for payment

2: the right to plead your case before a judge.

should the situation been handled different? yes
should the airline make alternate arrangements for the employees that needed to get to the next city? yes
should the passenger argue with law enforcement? no

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yeah just bend over,and take it huh? people like you make Me sick...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join