It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Violently Dragged Off Plane After United Airlines Overbooks Flight

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow.
Nobody should have to give it their seat for an employee . Custoners first

I cannot believe they forced him off like that.

UA screwed up the booking and they should suffer the consequences, not their paying customers

Why did these officers help? Are they airport police / security? They're assholes too.

Well I hope the guy can sue

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I prefer Delta myself. Southwest is ok, not very comfortable... but they're cheap. United has always struck me as being similar to Southwest.

Can't say I'm a big Delta fan. Too expensive for me. I like Southwest because it is inexpensive too.

Honestly, I think this is just yet another example of how bad air travel in the US has gotten. Other countries do it at a similar price point, or even less and their flights are much more comfortable, and without all the overbooking BS.

Our airline industry went to # post 9/11, and they never bothered trying to recover.

SOOO much truth here. I remember flying pre-9/11 and it was a worlds different than it is not. Family members could walk up to the gate to meet people. It still wasn't great, but we need those days back. The TSA is a waste of tax money.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

That's a good question. Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I really hope theres a significant boycott.

Wouldnt mind seeing some jail time for those "security" fellas either.

...There won't be a boycott. People talk a good game, but all the sheeple are greedy and will right back on United and any other airline trying to save $20 on their airfare...

Exactly. A plane full of people watched a fellow passenger get assaulted and dragged off the plane and did nothing to intervene on his behalf. "I care, but not enough to maybe get kicked off the plane myself."

What are they going to do?
10 able bodied men could get up and intervene but that will just bring in 40 more goons with heavy firepower, and then they could just start shooting.
Because we all know they get free reign to use deadly force if they feel their lives are in danger.
Sickening is the only word I can come up with for that scene.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

greensky?

southwest is the best!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Urantia1111

I really hope theres a significant boycott.

Wouldnt mind seeing some jail time for those "security" fellas either.

...There won't be a boycott. People talk a good game, but all the sheeple are greedy and will right back on United and any other airline trying to save $20 on their airfare...

Exactly. A plane full of people watched a fellow passenger get assaulted and dragged off the plane and did nothing to intervene on his behalf. "I care, but not enough to maybe get kicked off the plane myself."

What are they going to do?
10 able bodied men could get up and intervene but that will just bring in 40 more goons with heavy firepower, and then they could just start shooting.
Because we all know they get free reign to use deadly force if they feel their lives are in danger.
Sickening is the only word I can come up with for that scene.

you do what the corporations tell you to do, or you will be harmed....we just have video of that happening, where before we didn't

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Wow...that was messed up.

I hope that passenger sues and gets a boatload from them. They'll end up paying more for this than getting those 4 employees on the plane is bet.

Can't believe the cops can be called for an overbooked plane though. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong and it was the airlines screw up.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

greensky?

Nope. String Cheese Incident.

Though I'd really like to see GSB there too; they are so good.

southwest is the best!

I can't stress enough how much I like that airline. They've always treated me right, and as long as you go in knowing what to expect, a standard air trip and nothing too fancy, you'll be satisfied.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It makes it so much worse that the guy was a doctor and said he needed to be there the next day so he can be at work. What if some of his patients had problems because of the shenanigans UA was pulling?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

we're going to greensky again this year!

we used to be frontier fans but I think they redid their planes or something and they're so freakin uncomfortable.

flying southwest to san diego in a few weeks for a little beach time.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

we're going to greensky again this year!

Have fun! I'm jealous. I've never been to Red Rocks, so I'm really stoked about going for SCI. And to be honest, when compared side-by-side, SCI edges out greensky for favorite band, but it's close. Plus I have a bunch of friends who are Cheeseheads so its easier to get a group to travel to see them than it is to see Greensky. But MAN would I like to see them there, too.

I have a friend who lives out in Denver too, so I don't have to rent a car or find a hotel to stay at.

we used to be frontier fans but I think they redid their planes or something and they're so freakin uncomfortable.

flying southwest to san diego in a few weeks for a little beach time.

My friend in Denver was trying to get me to do frontier, but they don't fly out of BWI. I'd have to go to Philly and I didn't want to do that. BWI's cheapskate airline is Spirit Airlines. But I went with Southwest since SW has direct flights to CO.
edit on 10-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yup. There's a point where they would have gotten a taker. Usually it's somewhere south of $1000 worth of airline dollars, a seat on the next flight and if required, a hotel stat but even if they had to go up to a few grand, WAY better than dragging an elderly doctor off a plane in front of plane full of shocked and upset passengers and having that video on the Internet.

Disgraceful and stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
#ed up man.

i dont really like flying machines but i almost wish that would have happened to me.
i would be rolling in the bennies after that one for sure.

flying used to be fun. an adventure....
now you risk getting your had busted open when you get in line.

no thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Apoarantly the CEO of UA posted on twitter he's not happy with this and reached out to the man, whatever that means
mobile.twitter.com...
edit on 10-4-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Heh,I smell a Big fat lawsuit coming..

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It makes it so much worse that the guy was a doctor and said he needed to be there the next day so he can be at work. What if some of his patients had problems because of the shenanigans UA was pulling?

I'm kind of wondering how true that part of the story was. Has that been confirmed yet? I know a LOT of docs and can't imagine any of them in this scenario. They usually exhibit some resistance but I don't know if they would outright deny and have to be dragged away.

I think the scenario sucks, but I also think this guy made that story up on the spot.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Apoarantly the CEO of UA posted on twitter he's not happy with this and reached out to the man, whatever that means
mobile.twitter.com...

Hell yeah he's not happy....hes about to be in a $hitstorm of social media and news stories....

Hindsight is 20/20....

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
FOLKS

Fly Delta Airlines next, you could be like this person and make $11k off the whole deal.

I read this article and was floored that one company has it right while another thinks they're the mafia.

This person made 11k USD from allowing her family to be bumped 3 times!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don't see anything to contradict that account of things. I'm sure it is easy for the papers to verify if he was truly a doctor or not.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

IMHO, the issue is not just being a Doc. It may not have been a life threatening situation. It is irrelevant. The issue is that I'd venture that most people have important plans. Just screwing up someone's plans and kicking them off a flight is what pisses people off.

Instead of calling in the storm troopers, United should have kept upping the compensation until four passengers agreed to give up their seat. Everyone has a price. For some people, $800 bucks is not enough to compensate for the inconvenience, especially business travelers. However, if someone is on vacation or doesn't have plans, it may be perfectly fine and they will get a volunteer.

My issue is the situation was created solely by United and their policy for overbooking flights. As such, they should be required to pay whatever it is to free up the seats. I don't care if it gets bid up to $20,000 a person. That is the consequence they have to deal with for their policy.

With that said, this guy also has to realize that if he was told to get off the flight, he should have gotten his ass up and off the flight. You don't have too many rights at the airports and on planes, so he should have known they would have called in the goons to forcibly remove him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join